Nasu-verse Discussion(spoilers to everything Nasu-verse related)

madvanced

Hello Fuwans, I present you the ultimate Nasu-verse discussion thread.

nasu-type-moon.jpg

This thread was made because I started doing/planning a marathon for (almost) every work made by Type-Moon, especially regarding the VNs Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, F/SN, and the now finished project F/HA.(well if Mahoyo was completed it would be on this list too)

However there was a guy that called out to me by the name of KosakiFag and he told me, "hey why not make this marathon thing together or something of the sort?".

What came from there was this idea of creating a thread for us both and everyone from Fuwa to discuss and share ideas about this fantastic universe created by our favorite mushroom, Kinoko Nasu.

This thread may be used to discuss:

• Any "canon" and "non-canon" works like Fate/Prototype, Fate/Apocrypha, etc.
    (well to be honest everything can be canon as far as Nasu-verse is concerned)

• Any type of medium used, be it light novels, mangas, VNs, animes, games, so on and so forth.

• Theories(any kind of it, even if ludicrous) regarding anything Nasu-verse related or just discuss existing content.

This thread may not be used:

• To comment on adaptations, there is a place for that in other threads in the forum.
    (e.g. "Tsukihime's anime never existed, I can't acknowledge that thing as Tsukihime's adaptation")

• To start mindless Waifu wars, meaning that it is alright to post what are your favorite heroines and why, however bashing and spamming about the issue isn't.

So feel free to discuss anything and everything Nasu-verse related folks.

P.S. - As is written on the title please don't expect this thread to be spoiler free, rather expect it to be filled heavily with spoilers, so please don't complain if you happened to be spoiled. All in all what I mean to say is progress through this thread at your own risk.

Sooo...does this include Fate/tiger colosseum?  I really wanna see someone try to seriously analyze a fighting game and it's role in the Nasuverse.

What is your opinion of F/ha?  I'm asking everyone that's finished it so I can determine what position on my to-do list it's gonna be on.

As far as I'm concerned be it Tiger Colosseum, Unlimited Codes or any other Type-Moon game, they can be discussed as long as it's a contributive post.

I still haven't touched F/HA yet, simply because I want to finish my current reread of F/SN. However from what I've gathered it's longer and tougher to beat than F/SN.

But from what I've heard if you were able to finish Kagetsu Tohya you will be able to finish F/HA.

As far as I'm concerned be it Tiger Colosseum, Unlimited Codes or any other Type-Moon game, they can be discussed as long as it's a contributive post.

I still haven't touched F/HA yet, simply because I want to finish my current reread of F/SN. However from what I've gathered it's longer and tougher to beat than F/SN.

But from what I've heard if you were able to finish Kagetsu Tohya you will be able to finish F/HA.

Not saying that it shouldn't be done, only that it's most likely near impossible.  Really, if someone tries I'll have a good laugh before seriously replying.

My bad, I thought you said that you finished (reading) F/ha.  I gotta stop skimming posts, it makes me look stupid.

Not saying that it shouldn't be done, only that it's most likely near impossible.  Really, if someone tries I'll have a good laugh before seriously replying.

My bad, I thought you said that you finished (reading) F/ha.  I gotta stop skimming posts, it makes me look stupid.

I'm aware that this thread is prone to some shit-posting, especially since it's a Nasu-verse one. But I prefer to think that we on Fuwa can manage to get past that and actually be able to discuss stuff.

On another note, it's alright that you misunderstood me. I'm still haven't read F/HA yet but since I've started the thread I don't mind going through the spoilers and things like that, and I also expect to plow through F/SN as fast as possible so that I can hop onto F/HA.

That may take a while though, even if this is a reread and I'm able to get past scenes faster since I know a lot of what's going on I'm still on Fate route. If I just concentrate all my time on F/SN I'll maybe be able to plow through it(all 3 routes) till Tuesday or Wednesday.

What is your opinion of F/ha?  I'm asking everyone that's finished it so I can determine what position on my to-do list it's gonna be on.

I've finished it some time ago... The story is cool, but there's too much comedy and random scenes for it to be worth reading. Imagine it as Fate's Kagetsu Tohya (Except with no possibility of getting stuck), with the repeating days and such. I liked KT over it, though.

Oh, I remember doing such a thread back at my beginnings, when I was a huge Type-Moon fan... The research function sucks balls so I guess it's buried forever now.

Most recent Type-Moon stuff I got into is the Kara no Kyoukai LN. I read it in english two years ago and it made me appreciate how much the movies improved it. I found the stories more flat and rough in the LN (probably because it's Nasu's oldest work).

Now I'm trying to read it in Japanese to give myself some challenge, because oh boy how much am I banging my head on the walls. Crawling through my dictionnary is something I've become used to, but not being able to find a kanji in my dictionnary or having to wrap my head around a needlessly complicated sentence structure is quickly headache-inducing...

Still, my really small knowledge of japanese doesn't hinder me from finding Nasu's writing pretty cool, so there's that.

But oh god, the storytelling structure is not optimal either. Second chapter of Fukan Fuukei is the horrendous metaphysical digression on the difference of the death of the soul and the body and the difference between floating and flying and so on... Woah, Nasu plz.

Wow. It actually was made, huh.

Only thing I'm reading right now that's TYPE-MOON related is Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua.

I have to say... The visual novel still entertains me even after a year.

Or has it been two years?

Anyway, it is still one of my favorites.

I've never done a rereading before, but I'm glad F/SN Realta Nua doesn't disappoint.

Now if I could just give the novel more time...

I'll be downloading Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and Fate/Extra sometime soon.

Emulating Fate/Extra since I lost my PSP. Going to go through it again.

My love for the series has been rekindled after all.

Also, Fate/Extra CCC is being translated, in case people didn't know.

In case.

Oh, I remember doing such a thread back at my beginnings, when I was a huge Type-Moon fan... The research function sucks balls so I guess it's buried forever now.

Most recent Type-Moon stuff I got into is the Kara no Kyoukai LN. I read it in english two years ago and it made me appreciate how much the movies improved it. I found the stories more flat and rough in the LN (probably because it's Nasu's oldest work).

Now I'm trying to read it in Japanese to give myself some challenge, because oh boy how much am I banging my head on the walls. Crawling through my dictionnary is something I've become used to, but not being able to find a kanji in my dictionnary or having to wrap my head around a needlessly complicated sentence structure is quickly headache-inducing...

Still, my really small knowledge of japanese doesn't hinder me from finding Nasu's writing pretty cool, so there's that.

But oh god, the storytelling structure is not optimal either. Second chapter of Fukan Fuukei is the horrendous metaphysical digression on the difference of the death of the soul and the body and the difference between floating and flying and so on... Woah, Nasu plz.

Well you cannot expect a Nasu written work to be easy to read :P.

However it is essentially those philosophical and metaphysical matters that make Nasu's writing somewhat unique, and do I love them,

I don't really plan to read the novels any time soon, I am, however, going to watch the films. That is after I finish this reread of F/SN and after reading F/HA.

That's just cheating, Manuel.

I mean c'mon. I can only spare like an hour for F/SN on weekdays.

Clearly cheating. I call it cheating.

Definitely.

I can only finish until their escape from Einzbern Forest today at most.

What are your thoughts about Realta Nua for now?

I'm liking it, there's one cg or another that are new in relation to the original release, at least from what I recall.

This reread is being surprisingly good, I wasn't expecting being so hooked on on something I've read before.

I can't comment however on the H replacements since I'm playing with the H-scenes on. I'm literally on saber's 1st H-scene now.

Also I can't do anything about having more time than you -.-.

I'm liking it, there's one cg or another that are new in relation to the original release, at least from what I recall.

This reread is being surprisingly good, I wasn't expecting being so hooked on on something I've read before.

I can't comment however on the H replacements since I'm playing with the H-scenes on. I'm literally on saber's 1st H-scene now.

Also I can't do anything about having more time than you -.-.

Yeah. The evident increase of the number of CGs is very nice. I really like more CGs in my visual novels. It looks cool. I'm hooked up once again since it's been a while since I've read it.

If you want to comment on the Realta Nua scenes, go save before an H-scene and turn it off, then proceed to the H-scene once again. The scene should change. It's worth it in my opinion.

...That's sad. </3

Yeah. The evident increase of the number of CGs is very nice. I really like more CGs in my visual novels. It looks cool. I'm hooked up once again since it's been a while since I've read it.

If you want to comment on the Realta Nua scenes, go save before an H-scene and turn it off, then proceed to the H-scene once again. The scene should change. It's worth it in my opinion.

...That's sad. </3

Since I have this thing that on F/SN I have to save at every choice, and I have some other saves at random points I can easily do that when I feel like it, now I just have to watch my Rin prepare Shirou and Saber for business.

I'm just sad that I have to wait till I finish Fate to hear Rider's voice again, although she's not my favorite female character(this doesn't stop me from having one or two Raider image's though), I really like her cool voice.

Since I have this thing that on F/SN I have to save at every choice, and I have some other saves at random points I can easily do that when I feel like it, now I just have to watch my Rin prepare Shirou and Saber for business.

I'm just sad that I have to wait till I finish Fate to hear Rider's voice again, although she's not my favorite female character(this doesn't stop me from having one or two Raider image's though), I really like her cool voice.

My saving pattern is start of day, choice, then next day.

You can easily skip the scenes after all.

If you want to cheat your way to hearing Rider's voice again, go load in Day 6 to 9, then listen to her lines.

What do you think of the remixed tracks in Realta Nua?

My saving pattern is start of day, choice, then next day.

You can easily skip the scenes after all.

If you want to cheat your way to hearing Rider's voice again, go load in Day 6 to 9, then listen to her lines.

What do you think of the remixed tracks in Realta Nua?

The Vita remixes? Hated them for some reason, I tried listening to them and Kie Nai Omoi(Ever-Present Feeling) which is my favorite track and it felt like it was ruined in my opinion, so I'm using the normal versions.

It's the only thing overall which I didn't really like, other than that everything is great :D.

But I don't feel like cheating my way to listen to Rider's voice again, if I did that I would be listening to Rider, Kotomanly and Tohsaka all day long. But I want to progress through the VN goddamit.

The Vita remixes? Hated them for some reason, I tried listening to them and Kie Nai Omoi(Ever-Present Feeling) which is my favorite track and it felt like it was ruined in my opinion, so I'm using the normal versions.

It's the only thing overall which I didn't really like, other than that everything is great :D.

But I don't feel like cheating my way to listen to Rider's voice again, if I did that I would be listening to Rider, Kotomanly and Tohsaka all day long. But I want to progress through the VN goddamit.

What? Ain't the tracks in Realta Nua remixed versions of the originals already?

Some are remixed, as far as I'm concerned. They sound different, after all.

Anyone played Unlimited Codes ? I find it to be good for the fanservice but a lot less nervous and skilled than Melty Blood, not to mention the relatively small choices in characters, they could have put other servants from Zero... (That's a shame, Fate's casting is far more suited to be in a fighting game)

Anyone played Unlimited Codes ? I find it to be good for the fanservice but a lot less nervous and skilled than Melty Blood, not to mention the relatively small choices in characters, they could have put other servants from Zero... (That's a shame, Fate's casting is far more suited to be in a fighting game)

Well yesterday I was able to reach my goal of the 14th day, even though I didn't have much time, because reasons.

I'm just hoping to reach day 15th as soon as possible because I want to see the relation between Iliya and Holy Grail on this route because of something that Gilgamesh said.