Alicesoft Thread

Kosakyun

Any suggestion to try to get on with the Rance series from the beginning? I've played Sengoku Rance before and I also have been thinking of playing the older games, the translated ones that is. However, It seems that I just can't get into it, probably maybe because of the old graphics? I've been influenced too much by the modern visual novel graphics that I just can't get into the older games.

I am thinking of just being patient for the remakes to come out and wait for it to be translated be someoneicanonlyhopethatwillhappensomeday

Really interested in Rance's lore and world building... Well, I could just try to learn japanese at some point...

Any suggestion to try to get on with the Rance series from the beginning? I've played Sengoku Rance before and I also have been thinking of playing the older games, the translated ones that is. However, It seems that I just can't get into it, probably maybe because of the old graphics? I've been influenced too much by the modern visual novel graphics that I just can't get into the older games.

I am thinking of just being patient for the remakes to come out and wait for it to be translated be someoneicanonlyhopethatwillhappensomeday

Really interested in Rance's lore and world building... Well, I could just try to learn japanese at some point...

There are digest versions of the first two so you don't have to put up with the art for long. The second has a remake with an English translation and you can probably wait for the remake of the third one which should be coming out soon and I do think they'll jump on a translation for that one fast. Everything after 4 seems alright art wise. Kichikuou Rance is a must play since it's pretty damn interesting and it's lore heavy. It's non-canon though but you'll see a lot of similar things happen in the other games.

There are digest versions of the first two so you don't have to put up with the art for long. The second has a remake that you can play. 03 is coming out soon and I feel like they'll jump on a translation for that one pretty fast. Everything after 3 seems alright art wise.

Kichikuou Rance is a must play since it's pretty heavy on the lore. It's not canon, but you'll see similar things happen in the other games which is pretty cool. We also have 5D, and 6 coming soon which is nice.

Ooooh, I didn't know that there are digest version for the first two, i'll probably start on that then.

Btw, are all Rance games remains unvoiced? because I haven't played Rance quest and Rance IX. For some reason, I can still play Sengoku Rance even though they don't have any voice acting, I guess the story was just too good for me that I really don't care much.

only thing i really want to see happening before my lively wiener starts to wilt from decay, is a continuation of the Daiteikoku tl project. i mean damn its such a waste it got stalled or whatsover.

i personally dissaprove from picking up ONLY the newest titles from alicesoft, ESPECIALLY when there´re that much other ones who are waiting for it to be done. thats seriously a trend which goes in the wrongest direction ever!

Edit: just look @how much rance is left to be worked on (and the number of fans who are craving for it)

The latest on release date is after Evenicle Considering Alicesoft patterns, the earliest we should expect for it to be released is likely three months after Evenicle with pre-orders starting on the day Evenicle comes out.

If that happens to be the case, then we should be getting more info about it around the middle of next month.

Yeah a couple of months for it to be released and then god knows how long for the translation.

Still recently things have been looking brighter for the Rance series so I'm a bit optimistic.

Arunaru will pick up Evenicle if he likes it to bits.

Believe it.

After all, Arunaru won't have anything else to work on after Rance VI.

Inb4 he picks up other old stuff from Alicesoft.

Actually waiting for Haruka and other stuff to be translated. Like damn, I need some of that ninja action.

Also, Evenicle has delicious Senran Kagura art.

What's there to hesitate about?

Unless it's as big as Rance Quest.

Personally, I'm also wanting Blade Briders, but things can wait.

BELIEVE IN THE TRANSLATOR GODS

• 3 weeks later...

Incidentally, I am considering playing the new game for the blog... but I'd really like to know how long it is going to be.  The Astronauts and Eushully games both look better-constructed, and I'm reluctant to add another gameplay-heavy VN to it if it is going to take up more than twenty hours of my time...

Godly reading skills I have... as for the demo, I generally avoid wasting time on demos when the actual game is on hand... the actual copy, which I already purchased through my buyer won't be in hand until sometime in July, though...lol