Alicesoft Thread

Kosakyun

Hi there! Welcome to the Alicesoft Thread!

It's a thread where you can talk about Alicesoft-related things, obviously!

Go and talk about their games in this thread if you'd like.

Everyone's welcome, so come and join!

What is Alicesoft?

8I6cIwl.png

Alicesoft is an eroge-making company that debuted back in 1989 with their first game, Rance I. They have been in the eroge industry for 25 years already after being spawned by their parent company, Champion Soft. Alicesoft games usually have a large amount of erotic elements in it, that are partnered up with their large amount of comedy. Alicesoft games has a wide selection of fetishes that would cater to almost everyone's tastes. They are also known for making eroges with actual gameplay. Gameplay differs between titles, catering to different tastes. Some of their games are praised for having good gameplay (Daibanchou! Big Bang Age, Sengoku Rance) while others were letdowns (Daiteitoku). In the end, it all depends on the person's preferences. Their main source of income is the Rance series.

Want to know more about their games? Head over to their website.

(Their website can only be accessed via JAP proxy.)

You could also go to their blog.

Want to buy their games, go over to their online shop!

There's a shop for downloads too!

What is the Rance Series?

2D8u1Qs.png

The Rance series is their most famous franchise, which spawned 16 titles, including 3 side-stories, one expansion, and 2 remakes. The Rance series captivates readers not only by Rance's comedic antics, but also its vast lore, which is usually supplied by Alicesoft through their extra materials. The series will end with the tenth main game, Rance X.

If you want to view the statuses of different translation projects of Alicesoft games, you could always pay a visit to this thread.

I'll be updating the first post sometime, so look forward until then!

I gave a try to Sengoku Rance, but I stalled at the beginning.

RPG system is really hard...

I feel sorry for Sill -_-

How is it hard?

You just need to conquer, rape, repeat. :D

alice soft nowdays... comparable to alice japan 14495725409_0661f8d041_o.png

I-I don't know if that was a joke or not.

Anyway, Blade Briders out in 5 more days! (At least, in UTC+8).

etVBh2K.jpg

VNDB page

have any Idea how to beat Sengoku Rance #_# I did the 13-14 turns for having the 3th turn flag...

I mean, I love Rance (I finished 02, III and IV) but I don't really like how Sengoku works (the conquering thing) :| (well, I'm gonna wait V, VI and Quest (magnum)) does you have like an infinite of turns? (excepting events)

I played Pastel Chime 3: Bind seeker...it's nice! there is an interface patch (skill name, effect [not all]) I would like to translated it but...I need to know japanese `_`

Also, my Glourious days! damn I have not enough of this theme.

I've always wanted to try the series.

Sadly, I cannot read Japanese.

Are you going through it using machine translators?

Nah I'm reading it in Japanese. VNs are amazing for learning, and looking up words in a dictionary and sometimes grammar makes reading it take a long time, so I end up getting bored. That's why I'm still getting through it, just going real slow.

have any Idea how to beat Sengoku Rance #_# I did the 13-14 turns for having the 3th turn flag...

I mean, I love Rance (I finished 02, III and IV) but I don't really like how Sengoku works (the conquering thing) :| (well, I'm gonna wait V, VI and Quest (magnum)) does you have like an infinite of turns? (excepting events)

I played Pastel Chime 3: Bind seeker...it's nice! there is an interface patch (skill name, effect [not all]) I would like to translated it but...I need to know japanese `_`

Also, my Glourious days! damn I have not enough of this theme.

Follow your dick. 

I mean, do what the game told you exactly to do.

Conquer, rape, have sex, repeat.

Don't follow a walkthrough. It ruins the game, in my opinion.

The events are quite random at times, so things might not work out for you in the end.

Just conquer, have sex, see events, and do things you want.

Heck, you can even kill Hakkin Dassan for no reason, if you like.

That 13th - 14th turn 3rd action flag doesn't always work. If it did work, however, then that's a big help for you.

I'd tell you not to attack the 8 houses housing the gourds immediately, as defeating 5 of them will activate the Honnouji event early, which will severely cripple your actions. The game will put beating Nobunaga on priority, so it will hinder you from doing what you want.

It's practically impossible to lose, unless you screw yourself up at some point in the game.

And yes, My Glorious Days!

Nah I'm reading it in Japanese. VNs are amazing for learning, and looking up words in a dictionary and sometimes grammar makes reading it take a long time, so I end up getting bored. That's why I'm still getting through it, just going real slow.

I commend you then. Go down the path of JAP reading, Kelebek!

Come back triumphant! Translate!

I hope your efforts don't go to waste. Rance is an easy series to read, after all. According to people, at least.

Oh, I put the hook in the wrong thread. :P

I just made a hook for Blade Briders since ITH couldn't get it: /HS-4@0057BA39

EDIT: That hook isn't great, as it pulls out a bunch of gibberish because the strings aren't null-terminated. By the point when they are, the coding for lines changes if it's over or under a certain size, and ITH then errors on those lines. I don't know if anyone can improve on the hook I made, I've looked all over but can't find a workable place for it to get everything.

I've made a custom edit to the exe to make a proper hook, you can get it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?lxlhhhyfibvb4vl - hook for this exe is /HA-4@006EB5CE

• 2 weeks later...

ahaha, well, I didn't follow any guide, excepting few tricks like in Rance III...summoning ferris #_#. and to get also Athena 2.0 in Rance IV.

well, I never read a walkthrought, excepting If I am very block. But Rance is some-what easy.

Follow your dick. 

I mean, do what the game told you exactly to do.

Conquer, rape, have sex, repeat.

Don't follow a walkthrough. It ruins the game, in my opinion.

The events are quite random at times, so things might not work out for you in the end.

Just conquer, have sex, see events, and do things you want.

Heck, you can even kill Hakkin Dassan for no reason, if you like.

That 13th - 14th turn 3rd action flag doesn't always work. If it did work, however, then that's a big help for you.

I'd tell you not to attack the 8 houses housing the gourds immediately, as defeating 5 of them will activate the Honnouji event early, which will severely cripple your actions. The game will put beating Nobunaga on priority, so it will hinder you from doing what you want.

It's practically impossible to lose, unless you screw yourself up at some point in the game.

And yes, My Glorious Days!

I almost accidentally trolled this thread, but thankfully, I stopped myself in time.  I have so much trouble finding nice things to say about anything made by Alice Soft...

Edit:  I did enjoy Pastel Chime 3... the only Alice Soft game I've played where I didn't get bored because of absurdities ruining the plot...

I almost accidentally trolled this thread, but thankfully, I stopped myself in time.  I have so much trouble finding nice things to say about anything made by Alice Soft...

Edit:  I did enjoy Pastel Chime 3... the only Alice Soft game I've played where I didn't get bored because of absurdities ruining the plot...

I wonder what you would have done to troll this thread. Hehehe.

Pastel Chime 3 may be a distant dream for me to play right now, since none of the current translators are setting their eyes on the Pastel Chime series. I hope they do someday though.

Not everyone likes the games made by Alicesoft, so it's understandable. I don't think I've read a game from them that has this deeply engaging plot in which you'll be forced to play just to discover more things, and in the end, realize how beautiful the thing you read was. Well, maybe except Rance. I like the series, since the lore is awesome. I also like the protagonist, so win-win. Alicesoft games tend to have a lot of absurdities and references, so it's expected. That might even be their forte.

Not that I don't like it. I really do like their games.

Wonder how much of a letdown Daiteikoku was.

ahaha, well, I didn't follow any guide, excepting few tricks like in Rance III...summoning ferris #_#. and to get also Athena 2.0 in Rance IV.

well, I never read a walkthrought, excepting If I am very block. But Rance is some-what easy.

There was a span of time in which I forgot to summon Feliss again in the game. It was easy anyway. I'm frustrated on the weregal transformation assault scenes I missed though.

Athena 2.0 shouldn't even need a walkthrough. It's literally achievable by searching all the towers. That's what I do, at least.

• 3 months later...

As promised, I'll be gracing this thread with Evenicle.

ITwRQnl.jpg

I should've done this with Blade Briders as well.

With the other thread long dead, I'll be posting some stuff from the new game they're planning to release this April 2015. April 24, 2015, to be exact.

Damn. It falls on my brother's birthday, huh. How lewd.

Here are some stuff waiting for those who'll buy their latest game:

OP:

Sneak Peek:

World:

Vm5WHTM.pngO53ubaS.png

dX6nkyj.pngYQLBJsO.png

Game:

nnjkR63.pngYuHOSGz.pngz06Ju12.pngf5UXEVw.pngNDlVTLd.pngtqyVOQY.png

Characters:

6bqutGx.png

DgrV0rO.png

6FDbdat.png

HkmTnMv.png

yFw3F5T.png

yg7Lg2a.png

CG (non-ero):

ylmkewK.jpg

3sFtgbm.jpg

0kqod0x.jpg

A3yKX78.jpg

uHOHcZy.jpg

CG (light ero):

DEGAeel.jpg

QnMGhNh.jpg

Eversicle Update (continuation):

CG (ero):

mAb65vv.jpg

Q3uS57t.jpg

UugOcur.jpg

7dOGRuS.jpg

791f3BE.jpg

jc8KuYb.jpg

sw8g15t.jpg

Y9phitN.jpg

Op7iwXV.jpg

7JAB8Vw.jpguMY64lj.jpgOjJsYs4.jpg

Extra Stuff:

h1dS17e.jpg

9sdgZyi.jpg

shKGRLQ.jpg

Sw9kaAZ.jpg

Somebody give me a clean version of these when they come out.

Essentially, this is for those who cannot, for some reason, use a proxy to bypass the Japan-only restriction of the Alicesoft website. Or for those who are just simply lazy.

That's all for now. <3

Here's to hoping it gets translated!

• 1 month later...

Let there be life.

So I shall take the pains and get this thread going and helping poor Zeno from witnessing all the derailing in Updates thread.

So I saw the Rance IX trailer and I just can't help but be hyped for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sTEF2iiVY

Let there be life.

So I shall take the pains and get this thread going and helping poor Zeno from witnessing all the derailing in Updates thread.

So I saw the Rance IX trailer and I just can't help but be hyped for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sTEF2iiVY

Rance IX is pretty fun. I played about half of the game before I had to stop because updating your game version makes the saves stop. The guy who was translating the game went dark I believe so hopefully we see more of him sometime. Pretty hyped for this one too.

Wow. That trailer.

Brings back memories, heh. It's been like, what, a year?

I believe in Oruore (and his ever-changing name) and that he'll bring justice to the game.

I hope I see him again in /a/, specifically that thread about a light novel that I forgot about.

Mushoku Tensei, was it?

He'll be back. I'm sure of it.

Wow. That trailer.

Brings back memories, heh. It's been like, what, a year?

I believe in Oruore (and his ever-changing name) and that he'll bring justice to the game.

I hope I see him again in /a/, specifically that thread about a light novel that I forgot about.

Mushoku Tensei, was it?

He'll be back. I'm sure of it.

Hopefully your right. The only things sustaining me are Maria's and Arunaru's update haha. Don't remember the novel he was translating though.