Let's play some Dota!

archaic

Yeah I know. I had such high hopes for a day or two when Zai left EG. I thought for a minute he was going to join Alliance (same organization) but no we picked up Niqua and EGM again. Loda, Pajkatt, Zai, EGM and Akke on paper looks good at least. But that was just a dream. We'll see what Bulldog decide to do now.

EGM is underperforming. He's a support who don't want to play support but doesn't do well as a core, his frustration also makes him not do well as a support, so he's on a hard tilt. Hopefully they'll come back someday, Loda is a legend and he's still a top carry, they should be able to find some talented players.

Well if Alliance is wanted to make a comeback, they better need a new strategy or an entire new form of ratting. It's the only thing that won them TI3.

Right now the meta is more to ganks and the picks are all towards Axe, SF, Lion, Juggernaut. Medusa is the only hero picked a lot whenever the team needed a late game carry..... Betting those heroes getting some changes by the next update before TI5.

Well if Alliance is wanted to make a comeback, they better need a new strategy or an entire new form of ratting. It's the only thing that won them TI3.

Right now the meta is more to ganks and the picks are all towards Axe, SF, Lion, Juggernaut. Medusa is the only hero picked a lot whenever the team needed a late game carry..... Betting those heroes getting some changes by the next update before TI5.

Not really only split-pushing, but it was the most easily noticed reason. Yeah, I hope they make some changes to the heroes, but don't make them trash. I used to play Juggernaut a lot even before 6.82 and the only reason pros weren't using him was because he wasn't overpowered and people didn't knew how to itemize him properly, madness has been my main item on him since around 6.80 and I always cry when I see someone aghs rushing for no reason. What heroes do you guys think that deserve a buff or a nerf?

EGM is underperforming. He's a support who don't want to play support but doesn't do well as a core, his frustration also makes him not do well as a support, so he's on a hard tilt. Hopefully they'll come back someday, Loda is a legend and he's still a top carry, they should be able to find some talented players.

Agree with that. But he is a really good support. I think he settled with that again. No hard feelings.

Alliance is so much more than just rat dota. It was utilizing the whole map to your own advantage and insane knowledge of what to do to counter the enemy. Nobody is complaining when Secret or Cloud 9 rat to victory in some baseraces during DAC.

Jugg is pretty much the same since forever. He got a small buff on attack time and base damage. Such a small thing can do such big impact. Lion got a small buff on his stun in 6.82 I think. I think the current meta is pretty balanced because such small changes make heroes viable.

Not really only split-pushing, but it was the most easily noticed reason. Yeah, I hope they make some changes to the heroes, but don't make them trash. I used to play Juggernaut a lot even before 6.82 and the only reason pros weren't using him was because he wasn't overpowered and people didn't knew how to itemize him properly, madness has been my main item on him since around 6.80 and I always cry when I see someone aghs rushing for no reason. What heroes do you guys think that deserve a buff or a nerf?

Jugg is the ultimate pubstomper. I like drums, yasha ->Manta/SnY on him. Recently started to experiment with MoM. It is nice but suicide sometimes.

Buff Lesh. Give him a little buff on the str gain. Nerf SF's razes with a small amount of damage. I could go on forever. Maybe doing a larger list later tonight. 

I agree Burning, Sylar och Zhou are all incredible carries. Now we talking about insane amount of farms and playmakers if needed. They all are awesome players.

Well west had its reshuffle. Thanks. It was a painful Autumn as an Alliance supporter. I don't understand why the Chinese teams do it now. Valve is really close to send out invites for TI5. I don't get it.

Yes Sumail is good and I am impressed. But what I have seen of him isn't that impressive. He is great on good solo playmakers such as Storm and Tinker. If he got a good backup in PPD and Aui he is superfarmed early. Snowball with a hero such as Storm isn't that hard. I give more credits to the supports giving him the space. Yes he is still lannig very well and doing a lot of great things. But he isn't the reason why EG won DAC in my opinion. He was good and did a huge impact. But I give most credit to Universe and the supports.

I miss Zhou. One of the reasons I am a fan of iG 2012. He's one of the most aggressive carry during that time.  On the Chinese shuffle, I think it's because contracts end in the Chinese New Year.

Alliance is so much more than just rat dota. It was utilizing the whole map to your own advantage and insane knowledge of what to do to counter the enemy. Nobody is complaining when Secret or Cloud 9 rat to victory in some baseraces during DAC.

Jugg is pretty much the same since forever. He got a small buff on attack time and base damage. Such a small thing can do such big impact. Lion got a small buff on his stun in 6.82 I think. I think the current meta is pretty balanced because such small changes make heroes viable.

Pretty sure that's what every pro team is doing. And actually people are talking about Secr[A]t and Cloud [A]   :wahaha:

As much as the current meta is balanced, Icefrog will without a doubt did some nerf on those heroes as he is obsessed in getting every hero picked. I mean in TI3 and TI4 there were tons of Chaos Knight, PL and Naga Siren then Icefrog put the bombshell on that illusion reduced damage against buildings.....

In DAC we see a lot of heroes unpicked. Heroes such as Dark Seer and Death Prophet were not used at all even though they were overused in TI3 and TI4. Instead we now see tons of Axe, SF, Juggernaut, Lion.... It's not that I'm complaining about it as this meta makes games much more fun than in TI4 but knowing Icefrog.... he's definitely going to change something before TI5... 

Pretty sure that's what every pro team is doing. And actually people are talking about Secr[A]t and Cloud [A]   :wahaha:

As much as the current meta is balanced, Icefrog will without a doubt did some nerf on those heroes as he is obsessed in getting every hero picked. I mean in TI3 and TI4 there were tons of Chaos Knight, PL and Naga Siren then Icefrog put the bombshell on that illusion reduced damage against buildings.....

In DAC we see a lot of heroes unpicked. Heroes such as Dark Seer and Death Prophet were not used at all even though they were overused in TI3 and TI4. Instead we now see tons of Axe, SF, Juggernaut, Lion.... It's not that I'm complaining about it as this meta makes games much more fun than in TI4 but knowing Icefrog.... he's definitely going to change something before TI5... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, this retarded patch will be over.  :amane:

With all the creep gold nerfs it looks like the new patch will be based more around fighting, hopefully with the team that's ahead actually winning.

Also new aghs are always fun, my dota pals and I already have a few ideas for retarded combos to try.