Let's play some Dota!

archaic

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Dota 2 a lot. In parties or alone depending on mood. Rarely playing ranked but I got a 3.9k MMR after 10 solo games and a party MMR of 3.7k if I remember correctly. 

Steam name: SilverLi

Playing on: EU west, Russia (servers in Stockholm), sometimes on US east (around 100 - 150 ping).

I play anything and everything.

• 3 months later...

Secret was amazing early on and got 15-0, but BO1 means basically nothing as any team can take a game like that. If C9 didn't mentally fucked up so hard during game 2, they would probably have lost. There's this really interesting thread on reddit that explains all the problems that happened during those last minutes of game 2. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2v5jsk/dac_secret_vs_c9_game_2_who_on_secret_made_the/

Now, about the Secret vs EG, I'll just say that I could feel the salt in every finger of death. I think I'm rooting for VG since I really love Black and Iceiceice, but I also wanna root for EG because of Fear and Aui. =/

Secret was amazing early on and got 15-0, but BO1 means basically nothing as any team can take a game like that. If C9 didn't mentally fucked up so hard during game 2, they would probably have lost. There's this really interesting thread on reddit that explains all the problems that happened during those last minutes of game 2. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2v5jsk/dac_secret_vs_c9_game_2_who_on_secret_made_the/

Now, about the Secret vs EG, I'll just say that I could feel the salt in every finger of death. I think I'm rooting for VG since I really love Black and Iceiceice, but I also wanna root for EG because of Fear and Aui. =/

Indeed. Bo1 is a lot of luck but Secret has been performing very well before DAC too. I am rooting for EG because old man Fear. But I wish Black good luck too. Rumors says he is going to be kicked after DAC. Maybe a victory here can prove his worth even though it wasn't the one who carried them to the finals.

Indeed. Bo1 is a lot of luck but Secret has been performing very well before DAC too. I am rooting for EG because old man Fear. But I wish Black good luck too. Rumors says he is going to be kicked after DAC. Maybe a victory here can prove his worth even though it wasn't the one who carried them to the finals.

Black works really hard to meet everyone's expectations, I really hope VG keeps him regardless of the result. Well, Zai himself said that he wasn't expecting first place since the team was totally new, it's quite a big transition regarding their playstyle, the shift from playmaking to farming offlaners, a new carry and how they have to shift S4 to safelane farm with a tempo controller hero usually. EG is kinda new as well since their lineup is different, but their playstyle is still the same since Sumail fills RTZ's role and Aui fills Zai's with their similar playstyles.

I'm so happy for Aui, he broke the 2nd place curse! Seeing Fear being successful is always a bliss as well, but I can't help but dislike PPD. He's an amazing drafter, but the amount of salt in him is awful.

On a side note, FY said in an interview that Black is probably going to stay since they made it to the finals and he performed really well during the tournament, but that was before the grand finals. 

@edit

https://twitter.com/FearDotA/status/564747410225000448

https://twitter.com/Aui_2000/status/564735090207760384

Well despite VG reaching the grand finals, you can see Black not being on the same page as the team. I don't hate black, but VG would be a better team with a Chinese speaking carry.

I both agree and disagree with you. Yes they got some communication problems sometimes but Black is studying hard to learn Chinese. I think VG would become much stronger when the communication is fixed. Black is unique and gives them another dimension of insight and tactic a Chinese carry could't. 

He joined VG in August last year. I don't know how much spare time he got to learn Chinese but that's one of the most annoying languages to learn. Give him time. I hope Vici realise that. They made it to the finals with communication problems. Think about the upcoming TI5 in 5-6 months. I hope a team for once think about stability and continuation than short terms on fixing the problem. If they fail at TI5, feel free to kick him.

Black is an amazing farmer, that's for sure. He has been improving as a carry since he's now actually doing something with the farm other than farming even more, but there's still probably a lot he's lacking to meet the chinese standart. I mean, look at Sylar, Burning or Zhou on his prime. Those guys are beasts and that's the performance the chinese expect from their 1 position players. Iceiceice tends to say that there ain't many communication issues and Black always confirms that he can pretty much understand everything in-game, so I don't know if that affects them that much.

Well, now that DAC is over, rumors about the eastern reshuffle are starting to get more solid. Burning confirmed on his stream that he'll be playing for IG (Burning + 430 HYPE); xiao8 is being approached by LGD but nothing is confirmed yet; Lanm is not coming back; Rotk is likely joining CDEC. And while not about the east, Demon apparently confirmed that Merlini has a team now. Well, guess the following weeks will have tons of shitty drama and salty fans for both regions.  :wahaha:

He said he was retiring after TI3, then he played until TI4, now he's coming back, I guess that guy is never leaving for real unless he starts underperforming hard. He'll be definitely good enough, just look at him during DAC.

Sumail is a great storm, that's for sure, even Ferrari said that he is legit, or more accurately: "He reminds me of myself when I was young." It might look like his ego is huge but well, he's 430, probably the best player in the world at whatever he plays. Also, most of the games where Sumail played Storm he had Universe on a hero that could scout the map globally, Beastmaster, Clock or Zeus where in all but one match pairing with him. That means he could safely jump at enemies knowing where the rest of his team was. As always, Universe is underrated, poor guy.  :amane:

I agree Burning, Sylar och Zhou are all incredible carries. Now we talking about insane amount of farms and playmakers if needed. They all are awesome players.

Well west had its reshuffle. Thanks. It was a painful Autumn as an Alliance supporter. I don't understand why the Chinese teams do it now. Valve is really close to send out invites for TI5. I don't get it.

Yes Sumail is good and I am impressed. But what I have seen of him isn't that impressive. He is great on good solo playmakers such as Storm and Tinker. If he got a good backup in PPD and Aui he is superfarmed early. Snowball with a hero such as Storm isn't that hard. I give more credits to the supports giving him the space. Yes he is still lannig very well and doing a lot of great things. But he isn't the reason why EG won DAC in my opinion. He was good and did a huge impact. But I give most credit to Universe and the supports.

I really love Loda and Akke, but if they really want to make a team with swedish players only, then they're not going out of tier 3 anytime soon. I think that with DAC coming, they didn't wanted to shuffle players since it was a huge tournament, the prizepool was good and it was their chance to see how well they would do against the west. Chinese teams also don't really start practicing that hard until TI, there are some exceptions like VG but most of them are known for not scrimming that hard at this point.

PPD wins many of their games with his draft, so no wonder Sumail does well when EG tends to build their lineup around the mid lane. He's good, but it's too early to say if he'll keep it up.