Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

That second season preview in Fate's last episode is way to spoilerly for new watchers....

Yes it was. But nonetheless it was good. I guess the second season air in April what MAL says and I desperately hope the text in the end doesn't mean quarter 4.  :D

Fate is without doubt my favorite. They are way to generous with the prologues/double episodes and quality. But it wasn't really a competition at the beginning.

I got 2 series left I thought I would watch now in January because winter season doesn't pique my interest that much. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji. 

I guess Akatsuki no Yona got 24 episodes. :wub:  It isn't even close to complete yet. But I would't be surprised if they do a cliffhanger too...

Yes it was. But nonetheless it was good. I guess the second season air in April what MAL says and I desperately hope the text in the end doesn't mean quarter 4.  :D

Fate is without doubt my favorite. They are way to generous with the prologues/double episodes and quality. But it wasn't really a competition at the beginning.

I got 2 series left I thought I would watch now in January because winter season doesn't pique my interest that much. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji. 

I guess Akatsuki no Yona got 24 episodes. :wub:  It isn't even close to complete yet. But I would't be surprised if they do a cliffhanger too...

The second season will air in Spring. And with all those double episodes specials, I'm guessing ufotable doesn't know the word budget...

So now that fall 2014 is over, I'm searching for all the good animes which just finished airing.

I have already watched FSN, Amaburi, Twintails, and SAO.

I was thinking about Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Rage of Bahamut and Akame ga kill.

So if you all could help me find the ones worth watching .....

So now that fall 2014 is over, I'm searching for all the good animes which just finished airing.

I know a lot of people in the forums praised Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji.

I have watched Log Horizon, Akatsuki no Yona, Trinity Seven and Madan no Ou to Vanadis. I can recomend them all depending on what you are looking for. My heart beats a little more for Akatsuki no Yona though.

I know a lot of people in the forums praised Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji.

I have watched Log Horizon, Akatsuki no Yona, Trinity Seven and Madan no Ou to Vanadis. I can recomend them all depending on what you are looking for. My heart beats a little more for Akatsuki no Yona though.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Log Horizon and Akatsuki no Yona are still airing. As I said I'm searching for ones that have already finished airing.

Don't know about Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, haven't heard much about it.

Trinity Seven I heard is the usual ecchi anime. While I have no problem with ecchi and do like some of them,

most of them are usually pretty boring and bland. So unless it's one of the rare good ecchi anime, I don't feel really enthusiastic enough to watch it.

I'm thinking about Madan no Ou to Vanadis, will decide depending on what you all say.

All the anime that I've finished watching from Fall so far are at best "not bad" and usually disappointments.

...That means all the good shows are 2 cour so I'm not complaining though =p

I've two episodes left but I'd suggest maybe taking a look at Yuuki Yuna wa Yuusha de aru, it's not bad and I know a few other fuwans are enjoying it more than I do.

Definitely take a look at Yuuki Yuuna, it was my favorite show this season and I can say it's definitely not disappointing given the formula it uses.

It was criticized for being a Madoka clone but that's really not true at all, it has a path it wants to go down and it executes it well, you'll get tons of feels as well as an awesome soundtrack to go along with it.

I don't know much about Yuuki yuna, and the short summary doesn't really help.

So could you tell me about it's atmosphere and what the show's emphasis is on ?   

rage of bahamut is very good, the visuals are almost as good as those of fsn and the story is solid.

To bad it is only 13 episode long

The show starts off as an easy going mahou shoujo, 4 girls in the hero club that do good things around the school.

Then they are given duties from the gods to fight these monsters that want to destroy the world. 

While the show still keeps a somewhat easy going atmosphere in the first 5 or 6 episodes, it soon starts getting darker and darker and the girls will end up going through a lot of things, it's definitely a show that can not be judged by its cover.

I tells you the story of how heroes suffer too.

Give it a go, I think it's really worth it.

The show starts off as an easy going mahou shoujo, 4 girls in the hero club that do good things around the school.

Then they are given duties from the gods to fight these monsters that want to destroy the world. 

While the show still keeps a somewhat easy going atmosphere in the first 5 or 6 episodes, it soon starts getting darker and darker and the girls will end up going through a lot of things, it's definitely a show that can not be judged by its cover.

I tells you the story of how heroes suffer too.

Give it a go, I think it's really worth it.

I shall try it out then. 

rage of bahamut is very good, the visuals are almost as good as those of fsn and the story is solid.

To bad it is only 13 episode long

What about the characters ?

I think someone said that the characters are a bit irritating or something ......

What about the characters ?

I think someone said that the characters are a bit irritating or something ......

Not really.

Bahamut is really good. Well it got a bit disappointing recently, the production quality dropped and I prefered the loner episodes, the ongoing plot is not so interesting. But it's well worth watching.

Not really.

Bahamut is really good. Well it got a bit disappointing recently, the production quality dropped and I prefered the loner episodes, the ongoing plot is not so interesting. But it's well worth watching.

Ok that's the second one I have to watch.

What about Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Akame ga Kill ?

As I said I'm searching for ones that have already finished airing.

I'm thinking about Madan no Ou to Vanadis, will decide depending on what you all say.

Oh my bad. My reading comprehension is a lot worse than I thought. :D

Madan is enjoyable. A great opening. it is intriguing but they focused a little bit too much on the fanservice. It could've been better. It is enjoyable but nothing more. 

Trinity Seven is that typical harem you think about. The main character isn't dense at least. I liked the opening too. You know what you get if you watch this. 

Ok that's the second one I have to watch.

What about Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Akame ga Kill ?

madam ou to vanadis is pretty decent,  it has got a bit of the boob element but has a solid story and a decent brain.

Altough personally i prefer the novels because they go into much more detail during the fights than the anime ever did. (and slightly less boob)

Baka tsuki has them translated so you might want to check out the novels instead.

As for tirinity seven i dropped it after episode 4 because it is exaclty what you think about, the premise sounds nice but it is a dime a dozen type boob show.

Oh my bad. My reading comprehension is a lot worse than I thought. :D

Madan is enjoyable. A great opening. it is intriguing but they focused a little bit too much on the fanservice. It could've been better. It is enjoyable but nothing more. 

Trinity Seven is that typical harem you think about. The main character isn't dense at least. I liked the opening too. You know what you get if you watch this. 

I'm thinking that I'll give Vanadis a try anyways, feeling kinda interested in watching some kingdom and war stuff.

I don't expect much plot from a harem, but it should have the bare minimum to keep me interested and so that it isn't repetitive.

madam ou to vanadis is pretty decent,  it has got a bit of the boob element but has a solid story and a decent brain.

Altough personally i prefer the novels because they go into much more detail during the fights than the anime ever did. (and slightly less boob)

Baka tsuki has them translated so you might want to check out the novels instead.

As for tirinity seven i dropped it after episode 4 because it is exaclty what you think about, the premise sounds nice but it is a dime a dozen type boob show.

So now I'm definitely watching Vandis.

And Trinity Seven doesn't seem worth it so it'll stay out.

I'm still wondering about Akame ga Kill though, last season many people said it was good but now no one talks about it at all.

So now I'm definitely watching Vandis.

And Trinity Seven doesn't seem worth it so it'll stay out.

I'm still wondering about Akame ga Kill though, last season many people said it was good but now no one talks about it at all.

That is most likly because of the ending.

Now i cant speak for other people, but personally i really disliked the ending episode of akame ga kill.

Mostly the last 4 episodes, now they are not bad episode for the most part but they just pissed me off.

In particular the final episode wich was to round it off.

I cant really go into details without going into spoilers so major spoilers regarding the ending below.

the last few episode see a lot more people of nightraid killed, even tatsumie dies in the series.

The only one to survive was akame and the leader (cant remember what see was called).

Esdeaths death was unsatisfing to say the least, see dies hugging tatsumie.

Eventhough both tatsumie and akame promise to eachother to survive, now i understand such a promise can not always be kept but this one was plain unsatisfing.

And akame at the end remains an assasin for the rest of her life.

And lets not forget about the giant super robot that appears as the final boss.....yeah i aint kidding a super robot in a medieval style world.

So personally i think this was a very bad way to end the show, it ended on a low note instead of a high note.

It is worth watching, but the ending is pretty terrible in my opinion

That is most likly because of the ending.

Now i cant speak for other people, but personally i really disliked the ending episode of akame ga kill.

Mostly the last 4 episodes, now they are not bad episode for the most part but they just pissed me off.

In particular the final episode wich was to round it off.

I cant really go into details without going into spoilers so major spoilers regarding the ending below.

the last few episode see a lot more people of nightraid killed, even tatsumie dies in the series.

The only one to survive was akame and the leader (cant remember what see was called).

Esdeaths death was unsatisfing to say the least, see dies hugging tatsumie.

Eventhough both tatsumie and akame promise to eachother to survive, now i understand such a promise can not always be kept but this one was plain unsatisfing.

And akame at the end remains an assasin for the rest of her life.

And lets not forget about the giant super robot that appears as the final boss.....yeah i aint kidding a super robot in a medieval style world.

So personally i think this was a very bad way to end the show, it ended on a low note instead of a high note.

It is worth watching, but the ending is pretty terrible in my opinion

Recently I've been pretty wary of spoilers so I didn't read it.

I'm still conflicted whether I should watch it or not though .......

Think I'll wait for a few more reviews of Akame to come out and then decide.

Akame was good but it took itself wayyyy too seriously trying to be all 'dark and edgy' that by the end I started getting annoyed by it (I feared it was gonna go all Mirai Nikki on us and turn into a self-parody near the end but luckily we never got to that point)

pretty fun show nonetheless

Recently I've been pretty wary of spoilers so I didn't read it.

I'm still conflicted whether I should watch it or not though .......

Think I'll wait for a few more reviews of Akame to come out and then decide.

is it ouraibaa's fault?

anyway, if you are conflicted about the show why not read a couple of the manga chapters and decide then. It takes less time than the anime.

another pretty decent one is amagi brilliant park, it aint anything groundbreaking but it is good fun if you are looking for something light.

Avoid akame ga kill its a train wreck