Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

I'll be honest I have no idea how AR 7 or any of those work. But if you're asking the level then it would be hards and insanes, yes. I'll pretty much do anything since I have fun just playing :P

AR means approach rate. 

It can take values from 0 to 10 and it's basically the time a circle stays on screen from the moment it appears until the moment you're supposed to hit it.

AR 10 is the hardest approach rate you can put on a map, the circle appears pretty much when you're supposed to hit it (450 miliseconds to be exact)

AR 0 would be 1800 miliseconds. The rest of the values are in between.

AR 7 is 900 miliseconds.

DT + HR on a map with AR 8, 9 or 10 would achieve AR 11 (300 miliseconds) , but you should probably stay away from that.

TL;DR

The higher the approach rate the less time you have to hit a circle from the moment it appears.

Gotcha. Is it based off of the beatmap or some sort of setting in osu? If it's a setting then I wouldn't mind setting it to 7 as long as you, maef, and anyone else who wants to join doesn't mind.

No no it's a setting the person who makes the map inputs, you can't change it. I don't think you can view it either.

But any beatmap marked as Insane has AR 7 or above so for Lewy it has to be insanes. Hard maps have AR 6 and above

Of course some mods affect the approach rate like HR or HT, but otherwise you can't change it yourself (unless you edit the map).

Soooo if Lewy wanted to join and let's say we wanted to play a hard map, could he just turn on HR or DT and then he'd be at the level he wants? :D I'm sorry I'm such a newb with all these terms and mods.

You can't set DT just for yourself on multi you'd need to put everyone with DT

But if he uses HR on a hard map it'll be enough. HR with AR 6 turns it into AR 8.4 

Of course Hard maps can have AR 7 and above, but I don't know how to view the AR of a map.

Here's the official AR chart

ARTable.png

You can't set DT just for yourself on multi you'd need to put everyone with DT

But if he uses HR on a hard map it'll be enough. HR with AR 6 turns it into AR 8.4 

Of course Hard maps can have AR 7 and above, but I don't know how to view the AR of a map.

8az9e.jpg

8az9g.png

This is where you can find it for each and every song.

You can also find it by going in edit and clicking a song.

Shows HP Drain Rate Approach rate Overall Difficulty and Circle Size

What you would type to get maps with ar equal to or higher than 7 is ar>6 (AR must be integer values if we don't count mods). Sheesh, did no-one of you do any programming? :P

Hard maps can have higher AR than 6. In fact the one I mapped uses 8. I'd also love if we played it because #Ithinkitsgreatandthisistotallynotbiased.

Anyway if you want to grab me high highlight me on irc or something. If it's a bigger event than just me and louise I'll come even if I'm sucking that day. Then again, I'm sucking every day right now...