Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

I got in a heated discussion about screen proportions with this person.

It seems they still agree 4:3 is better despite the mapping area being the same wether the screen is 4:3 or 16:9

They're saying it's more precise when you're moving the cursor which helps with the jumps and other stuff. I still think it's the exact same.

Edit: After further deliberation we agreed we'd just set our differences aside and work with what we think it's best. And everyone lived happily ever after.

Nosebleed, when do you get on usually? We never seem to be on at the same time.

I just do osu as a hobby so I don't really have a fixed schedule to get on osu, just when I feel like it.

But I'm usually online all day although I might be studying at some point.

The general rule is i'm online from 2-3pm until like 3 or 4am (GMT) but I won't play osu that late, playing osu while being sleepy doesn't feel nice.

It's hard to believe we're never on at the same time since i have no life and stay on the computer all day.

So after changing to a wired mouse instead of a wireless one, I have seen serious improvement. Not to sound conceited but I've played an instrument for about 10 years now so I know that I have good hand-eye coordination, which is why I was confused why I wasn't doing well with this game. So I'm gonna blame my lack of improving quickly due to using a wireless mouse.

I felt the same way.

Ever since i bought a wired mouse and turned off mouse acceleration my performance shot through the roof. (I was rank 120,000 last month)

If you haven't turned the acceleration off already, do it.

Hmm, I just turned it off. I'll give it a try for a bit and see if that helps improves things for me as well :)

Mouse acceleration gives your cursor a more unatural (accelerated) movement. When you turn it off, the movement of the cursor is the same as the movement of your hand. That helps a lot for a natural feel when playing. It might feel weird at first (it did for me) but you'll be thankful when you're used to it. You can crank up the speed (mine is a little above the middle of the bar), but don't turn the acceleration on. This also helps for FPS games and other games that require cursor precision.

The general rule is i'm online from 2-3pm until like 3 or 4am (GMT) but I won't play osu that late, playing osu while being sleepy doesn't feel nice.

It's hard to believe we're never on at the same time since i have no life and stay on the computer all day.

Ah that explains why. I tend to play at night which would be when you're asleep. I usually start playing at around 5am GMT to 10am GMT (9pm to 2am in my timezone).

The rank algorithm is really strange.

I double my score on a map -> loses ranks hahaha

Maybe is an update timing or something. 

It's not important but I can't help but laugh when i lose ranks for improving a score ^^

The rank algorithm is really strange.

I double my score on a map -> loses ranks hahaha

Maybe is an update timing or something. 

It's not important but I can't help but laugh when i lose ranks for improving a score ^^

Its because when you improve a score, the system updates your best score as well as your ranking in real time. You "lose" ranks just because the system hasn't updated your rank yet to reflect the changes to everyone elses.

/me is dead

Star Difficulty: -26

wtf is this!? val best mapper hands down <3

screenshot210.png

if you haven't noticed, auto missed notes www

Oh What the Fuck was that !