Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

Yeah, the Nightcore one comes to mind when you ask for "hot anime girls". I normally just take stuff from other skins and throw them into my own folder.

Doesn't fit your requirement, but I use a slightly modified version of THIS skin. I have my own hitsounds and a couple other small changes. I usually change what I'm using every ~3-4 months. Last one I had looked like this.

9nOVv.jpg

I'd grab the Nightcore HD skin! Those girls are awesome! :D

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/135588

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1rGcBxTcOk

Thank You very sir... exactly what i was looking for... ^_^

Yeah, the Nightcore one comes to mind when you ask for "hot anime girls". I normally just take stuff from other skins and throw them into my own folder.

Doesn't fit your requirement, but I use a slightly modified version of THIS skin. I have my own hitsounds and a couple other small changes. I usually change what I'm using every ~3-4 months. Last one...

Thank you for recommendation. Clover day's is one of the VN's i am  really looking forward to be able to play it, so I appreciate this skin a lot  :)

And here's my updated guide.

You know what? Screw it! This isn't working as well as I intended it to, and I'm getting a little tired of it. I'll keep the organization, but that's it.

Feeling kinda baka right now. >.< Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Seriously though, I'm level 88 and I still can't FC insanes! Why me... Fml. ;_;

I never paid attention to level so I have no idea when I was able to FC insanes. But I can tell you, once you reach mid 90s, you'll pretty much stop leveling up. I've been in the 96-98 range for half a year, and I've only been playing a year lol

I started my first ever beatmap of my own. It's extremely early in production, and will take me a long time to fix up (I'm going to mess with it for a looong time after I map the whole thing). I'm pretty bad at mapping, so this is going to take a while :P

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/190664

This is my favorite Love Live music video, so I really wanted there to be a map to it. It'd be cool to get a whole mapset out of it, but that's waaay down the road.

It's probably because I play so many random beatmaps. It might also have something to do with my old training method too. Basically, your level exp bar goes up every time you improve your score on a map or when you establish a new one. My old training method utilized little to no repetition. Instead of putting a lot of focus into one song, I spread it to many of them. After a while, I realized that this system was flawed because Osu's performance metrics are in favor of individual map performance and I started beating my head on a table. I mean, seriously, look at this! My play count is way ahead of just about everybody around here, and yet I'm still stuck on hards for FC! And yeah, I still can't even 3-star insane FC.

L2FLtoB.png

It's probably because I play so many random beatmaps. It might also have something to do with my old training method too. Basically, your level exp bar goes up every time you improve your score on a map or when you establish a new one. My old training method utilized little to no repetition. Instead of putting a lot of focus into one song, I spread it to many of them. After a while, I realized that this system was flawed because Osu's performance metrics are in favor of individual map performance and I started beating my head on a table. I mean, seriously, look at this! My play count is way ahead of just about everybody around here, and yet I'm still stuck on hards for FC! And yeah, I still can't even 3-star insane FC.

L2FLtoB.png

Your level exp bar is based solely on your total score. High level means absolutely nothing lol

My play count is ridiculously high because I used to farm PP when it was easy to do so. I have over 25k plays while maedomn is half the count while being much better than me. Playing songs you can easily FC doesn't increase your skill, playing songs that you struggle to FC will. It's just up to you how hard of songs you want to practice. My top replayed song is actually the first insane I tried FC'ing though...

Playing more doesn't always mean getting better. You won't get better if you aren't challenging yourself. By that logic, I'd be beast because I have a huge play count because I played a ton, but all I did was play HD on Hard for months and months when I should have been practicing Insanes :(

I don't think a well through out strategy is the way to go. Playing songs you find difficult but not too difficult is a good way to get better. Playing HD+DT+HR on Normal doesn't help you get better overall, just better at reading HD on slower notes. I used to HD everything on Hard and could HD anything I could FC on Insane, but then when I started challenging myself, I realized HD made it too hard because previously I wasn't challenging myself enough, and thought it was my "skills" that let me HD songs, but in reality it was just the songs were well within my comfort zone.

So I say, play difficult songs first, learn score mods second.

Playing more doesn't always mean getting better. You won't get better if you aren't challenging yourself. By that logic, I'd be beast because I have a huge play count because I played a ton, but all I did was play HD on Hard for months and months when I should have been practicing Insanes :(

I don't think a well through out strategy is the way to go. Playing songs you find difficult but not too difficult is a good way to get better. Playing HD+DT+HR on Normal doesn't help you get better overall, just better at reading HD on slower notes. I used to HD everything on Hard and could HD anything I could FC on Insane, but then when I started challenging myself, I realized HD made it too hard because previously I wasn't challenging myself enough, and thought it was my "skills" that let me HD songs, but in reality it was just the songs were well within my comfort zone.

So I say, play difficult songs first, learn score mods second.

Play more of what you want to achieve, so if you want to FC AR9 Insanes, then play a shitload of AR9 Insanes. Same goes for every other thing in the game, there's no other technique to get better lol

Unless you're me and have used the retry button over 120 times and still can't get the rank you want.

That's on a single map too.

a2ZhK.png

First was my first ever time trying to FC a song on Insane, 2nd was for the sake of PP back in PPv1, 3rd was with DT and never did FC it, but did FC the other Insane difficulty of the same mapset.

Yours looks a lot like my first couple. Just, more.

4068611d8c.png

That first one was the very first song I got for Osu. 8 months later and I still cant get that S rank. The second, I was finally able to get S on like a month ago. And the third, I have no idea why I played that so much actually. Plus this is all for CtB, not Standard.

Oh, my whole top is pathetic, and shows how much I retry and why my play count is so high.

a30og.png

^This is an example of what NOT to do to get better (The only two songs in there I actually found challenging when I played them were Just Awake and Killer Song, everything else was just to FC...)

I don't see anything wrong with retrying a song 150+ times :/

I only think if the song is easily within your skill level and you're restarting simply because you got a couple 100s you didn't want. That's where my retries came from, which I regret now, cuz I could have spent that time trying something that would have helped me get better overall, not just better at one song. I know I'm overall inconsistent in any game I play, yet I keep trying til I succeed, which usually takes a while >.<

Rofl

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/544875#_history

(someone I know/knew from another forum/teamliquid's osu (and was like middle ish, whereas I'm probably like deadlast there even when I played a lot...))

That... puts mine to shame.

You can see a lot of my plays came from early on when I was retrying like crazy for the sake of PP. I had a top 10k rank off playing just hards with hidden :P

a3bVC.png

Maybe I'm just complaining in general because I haven't really noticed an increase in my skill level in months, I'm stuck failing the same songs that I never really seem to get closer to passing :(

This is one song I noticed a difference in though, a few months ago I could only make it like 20 seconds, but today I made it my farthest (not that video, I don't have the replay of that one, but the video was a little bit later)

This is about where I failed

a3cuK.jpg