Funniest VN

Chewy

Clannad actually made me laugh many times. It is not the funniest VN out there, but it certainly has the highest number of funny moments for me

I remember that too. I read it some time after the anime, and I recall the VN having far more funny moments. It had more time so showed more of the "day to day school life" moments, many of which were hilarious. Kotomi's route especially was great in that regard. Having a cool troll protagonist like Tomoya helped matters some. It ensured a consistent source of comedy without falling into some of the worst anime tropes, "pervert misunderstandings" and the like.

But despite all that, Grisaia might just beat it out for me. The common route is constantly hilarious. It surprised me how well put together it was. I've watched this so many times:

I remember that too. I read it some time after the anime, and I recall the VN having far more funny moments. It had more time so showed more of the "day to day school life" moments, many of which were hilarious. Kotomi's route especially was great in that regard. Having a cool troll protagonist like Tomoya helped matters some. It ensured a consistent source of comedy without falling into some of the worst anime tropes, "pervert misunderstandings" and the like.

Yeah,in that retrospect, Tomoyo route beating up Sunohara made me laugh everytime.

Clannad, Rewrite, Yumina, Grisaia are the more memorable ones to me:

They all have one thing in common: Butt Monkeys

In Clannad we have Sunohara who is the source of at least 90% of the funny moments, in Rewrite Yoshino's a lesser version that gets abused just as often. In Yumina we have Yumina the idiot, but pretty much every character in debate club (and in the school) makes the school chapter so enjoyable. And finally in Grisaia we have Michiru, which is very much a female-version of Sunohara in terms of gullibility and level of intelligence. 

I guess dumb/idiotic characters are compulsory if you want comedy.

Yeah, as far as jokes in VNs go, Grisaia definitely takes the cake. That video hydro posted is one of my favorite comedy scenes. ^^ I liked the pillow joke too.

9xqeE2Ul.png

I've saved sooooo many screenshots while reading Grisaia. It's a recent habit of mine that pops up occasionally when I see something really interesting, but it's like 10 times more common with Grisaia than anything else I've ever read. And even that's taking into account some restraint on my part. Too many good lines.

I've saved sooooo many screenshots while reading Grisaia. It's a recent habit of mine that pops up occasionally when I see something really interesting, but it's like 10 times more common with Grisaia than anything else I've ever read. And even that's taking into account some restraint on my part. Too many good lines.

Definitely the best one goes to Grisaia. 

The lack of Fate/hollow ataraxia in this thread makes me sad. Absolutely hilarious, it's like F/SN mixed with the comedy of carnival phantasm. It's great.

:o

Is that so?! Seriously? Why was I not made aware of this? I should totally finish Fate/stay night now.

Not sure what carnival phantasm but this sounds like a really good one.

I guess I will try it some day, eventually, maybe, possibly, likely, not really, I dont know maybe, maybe not

Dude you have no idea what you are missing, the series is a pefect mix of dramatic and funny moments, not to mention amazing storyline with deep characters. 

Dude you have no idea what you are missing, the series is a pefect mix of dramatic and funny moments, not to mention amazing storyline with deep characters. 

I heard all about the deep characters and yeah like you they kept encouraging me to try it. I will get to it eventually so dont fret.