The Vocaloid Thread

Tatsujin

VerseQuence - Melodies. Sold my soul to the lyrics.

I love Vocaloid so much even my co-workers know about it and think it is a really weird thing to have as a hobby. I download almost all Vocaloid songs, with Hatsune Miku being my number one songstress. My young sister is into Vocaloid as well and she listens to it more than me. Luka is her favorite.

I've subscribed to one of the RSS feeds that links me to download any new Vocaloid songs out there. My Music folder is about 60% of all Vocaloid stuffs!

So who else is an avid Vocaloid lover?

From all the vocaloids..somehow only Gumi that i really like.

Maybe because i`m such an avid fan of Megumi Nakajima(Gumi's voice provider) so i found that i really love her voice.

And yeah i got lots of Gumi's song and MMD videos~~~

Hmm vocaloid... I enjoy it alot, aside from One Ok Rock, Vocaloid is the second best thing i love listening to..

To me my favorite is Megpoid Gumi but i also enjoy listening to the heavier versions like Dark Miku. for instance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LngTve5OjyU. well i use to donwload the songs aswell but lost my source.

I got more Hatsune Miku FIGMA figures than anyone I know. I'm missing three FIGMAs though and one of the is the Snow version. I want that one. I've already pre-ordered the new Racing Miku 2013 which releases this October with the Spider bike. Those two go hand-in-hand.

I use my RSS on this website -- http://mikudb.anime-mp3.com/type/vocaloid/ -- the previous website version of this was under a different person who was extreme in some categories - not sure how to correctly word it nor I want to bad mouth him. I just don't think what he did and what he has gone so far off to accuse his comrades of such things.

MikuDB still lives. It's not as powerful as it was before but it's going in the right direction.

I have too my favorite songs ... let me see, .. Tripshots - Alone. Awesome stuff!

I was randomly browsing forum and then this appeared

Huuu, I just saw that. I can't report since it is strictly for negative things. I think I'd have to get a hold of an Admin or Staff member to merge both threads together.

I don't like Vocaloid much per se, but I appreciate the software for the amazing songs some people have created. Now utaite, on the other hand... I can't get enough of those people. I really only listen to original Vocaloid songs if there aren't any covers by my favorite utaite and if I feel like the robotic voice fits. For instance, songs like Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro, NegaPosi*Continues or Clover Club.

I'm also a huge fan of the Project Diva games, though sadly I only own Project Diva F and F 2nd (PS3). And while I may not particularly like any of their voices, I do like Luka, Kaito, Rin and Miku for their designs.

I'm pretty sure IA isn't even an official vocaloid.. But this song is legendary

She is official. She even has her own video game, I'm not quite sure how a vocaloid can be "unofficial" since it's a program.

http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/IA

Of all the possibilities I think IA is the best but I do have about 100 Hatsune Miku songs also

Most, from me.

As for myself...

I fucking live and breathe vocaloid.

kmj.png

Hatsune Miku > IA > Luka > GUMI > Teto

We both have the same favourite song.  :D

Supercell is amazing.

i know right? xD

you have a great taste my friend!

I'm still trying to get into it.

what songs do you listen to meogii-san?

Sagittarius

Miku's still my favorite.  As an overall character, not for Vocaloid voice specifically.

Vocals on vocaloid songs can be rough on the ear.  If the song has some really good instrumentation/composition to go along with the vocals, I can forgive a lot, though.

Miku's plain voice is acceptable, but not great.  She has a tendency to go off-key if you don't watch her, plus her default vibrato setting sounds more like a misaligned tape deck.

In Project Diva F, one example of way I really like Miku's voice is in "Freely Tomorrow".  The upgrade/"append" version really is worth it, apparently.  And in this song her vibrato actually matches her vocal style.

An example of the other method I really like is in "Tell Your World" and "Weekender Girl".  I have always been a fan of AutoTune as an effect, and it makes Miku's voice a lot more listenable.