Altered Fable is a fan disk on... what happens after Alternative? So what happens when

Takeru returns to his original world.

Have fun with alternative. :D

From what I understand, that's not canon.

Also, the final chapter in MLA is god-awful and as cringeworthy as the entirety of Extra.

The game should've ended the moment

the Takeru we know ceases to be.

Knowing that his new incarnation will live in an Extra-ish world is sadder than the actual events of Alternative. :lol:

In hindsight, those last minutes are *almost* enough to ruin the whole experience for me.

From what I understand, that's not canon.

Also, the final chapter in MLA is god-awful and as cringeworthy as the entirety of Extra.

The game should've ended the moment

the Takeru we know ceases to be.

Knowing that his new incarnation will live in an Extra-ish world is sadder than the actual events of Alternative. :lol:

In hindsight, those last minutes are *almost* enough to ruin the whole experience for me.

Hey you know, this may just be me but I wanted hear that applause from the survivors. I don't care if all of them forget Takeru afterwards. I just wanted to feel rewarded for all the crap that game put you through. I really expected to hear Takeru's emotional speech, and the returning out pour of gratitude from humanity when he stepped out of that shuttle. Instead it cuts straight to his departure scene. It's as if they ran out of budget and time (I know they did actually) to CG render a crowd.

Hey you know, this may just be me but I wanted hear that applause from the survivors. I don't care if all of them forget Takeru afterwards. I just wanted to feel rewarded for all the crap that game put you through. I really expected to hear Takeru's emotional speech, and the returning out pour of gratitude from humanity when he stepped out of that shuttle. Instead it cuts straight to his departure scene. It's as if they ran out of budget and time (I know they did actually) to CG render a crowd.

Yeah, that'd be a better use of time and resources than the craptastic and unnecessary final chapter that presumably serves no other purpose than to promote the fan disc. :rolleyes:

The last 30 minutes of the VN could've been handled so much better.

It's sad to think about.

Yeah, that'd be a better use of time and resources than the craptastic and unnecessary final chapter that presumably serves no other purpose than to promote the fan disc. :rolleyes:

The last 30 minutes of the VN could've been handled so much better.

It's sad to think about.

The only thing I would ever complain about is the lengthy "cease fire" that was supposed to be an hour during the Coup d'etat. They could have cut down on somethings. But everything else is perfect. And there is nothing wrong with promoting Altered Fable. What has Takeru been saying since Chapter 1 and how his goal changed slowly? Obviously it was going to happen.

• 1 month later...

I've finished the whole series some weeks ago.. a great series without a doubt ( thanks to anyone encouraged me to play it ), however, it had some weaknesses too.

what I liked:

- Mitsurugi Meiya, such a noble character : )

I can't forget how she showed her loyalty to her sister in blood! and how she never cursed the duty that was forced upon her, she always did her best and held her pride.

• 3 months later...

So I have just finished reading MLA

worst ending of all times...the vn was a 10/10 until that ending...everything it did everything at the end... it went down the pipe....everything takeru achieved for nothing and he lost his memories...he ended up being an idiot all over again, and why was kasumi there? (clearly she was the only one that knew what happened) but why? the ending practically ruined everything...

So in the end the BETAs were only miners extracting that g-element from different planets, they weren't even fighting with humanity, who was that "creator" what was he, a god?...were the BETAs just creatures controlled by him just to be his miners?

I'm so pissed off with this novel now u.u

So I have just finished reading MLA

worst ending of all times...the vn was a 10/10 until that ending...everything it did everything at the end... it went down the pipe....everything takeru achieved for nothing and he lost his memories...he ended up being an idiot all over again, and why was kasumi there? (clearly she was the only one that knew what happened) but why? the ending practically ruined everything...

So in the end the BETAs were only miners extracting that g-element from different planets, they weren't even fighting with humanity, who was that "creator" what was he, a god?...were the BETAs just creatures controlled by him just to be his miners?

I'm so pissed off with this novel now u.u

Indeed katawa shoujo is one of the best vns for starters along with narcissu and even if you already have read a lot of vns still is an amazing one

Kenichi is the best protagonist of any vn I've read so far, give him a chance :P

Prepare some tissues :P and dont use any guide to pick any girl, just follow your own choices the first time you play it, trust me if you use a guide the first time you will regret, after that you can use one.

Considering what actually ended up happening to Takeru over the events of Muv Luv Alternative, there is certainly no god there. i don't believe they explain much about how the BETA came to be. The ending, while a bit odd, does make quite a bit of sense. Takeru was fighting so that everything would return to normal, which it almost did. It sets the events for AF. Nothing he did was in vain, I believe. I'm glad to see everyone back, especially Marimo. 

Also his trauma makes some really funny scenes in AF

Obvious spoilers above, don't read if you no spoiler (obviously)

Considering what actually ended up happening to Takeru over the events of Muv Luv Alternative, there is certainly no god there. i don't believe they explain much about how the BETA came to be. The ending, while a bit odd, does make quite a bit of sense. Takeru was fighting so that everything would return to normal, which it almost did. It sets the events for AF. Nothing he did was in vain, I believe. I'm glad to see everyone back, especially Marimo. 

Also his trauma makes some really funny scenes in AF

Obvious spoilers above, don't read if you no spoiler (obviously)

About MLA

I actually liked the ending. It shows that Takeru finally gets the peaceful life he's been searching for since the very first line of Unlimited.

But some twists were completely nonsensical. Come on, the whole causality conductor stuff ended the moment Takeru fucked Sumika?

All that made me feel like I read 50+ hours of Muv Luv Extra, Unlimited and Alternative combined just to reach a single goddamn h-scene.

About MLA

I actually liked the ending. It shows that Takeru finally gets the peaceful life he's been searching for since the very first line of Unlimited.

But some twists were completely nonsensical. Come on, the whole causality conductor stuff ended the moment Takeru fucked Sumika?

All that made me feel like I read 50+ hours of Muv Luv Extra, Unlimited and Alternative combined just to reach a single goddamn h-scene.

No it ended the moment she died as there was nothing focusing on him keeping him in that world any longer

About MLA

MLA

I still think that the ending was bad, at least really weak compared to the whole novel, it was almost perfect until that point.

And she was the causality conductor so once she was dead everything stopped which doesn't much sense either because in one of those loops there is no way she wouldn't get killed, she was in a freaking jar and in many of those loops America dropped the g-bombs to all the hives like in unlimited.... at least one time she should have died...he looped in time at least 6 times...and in 5 of those alternative v was carried out ....(dont know if in the yuuko's loop alternative v was carried out)

MLA

I still think that the ending was bad, at least really weak compared to the whole novel, it was almost perfect until that point.

And she was the causality conductor so once she was dead everything stopped which doesn't much sense either because in one of those loops there is no way she wouldn't get killed, she was in a freaking jar and in many of those loops America dropped the g-bombs to all the hives like in unlimited.... at least one time she should have died...he looped in time at least 6 times...and in 5 of those alternative v was carried out ....(dont know if in the yuuko's loop alternative v was carried out)

Ok how to explain this um she had to die with out takeru dying if takeru died the loop started all over again. The only way for Takeru not to die was alternative IV not failing. In Unlimited Alternative V happens regardless which route you go. The Reason he kept going back in time was because sumika kept thinking about him in her brain form and that kept him there cause as you know the takeru in that timeline was actually already dead. But anyways the ending was masterful cause all Takeru wanted to do was go back to his own time but after jumping the 6+ times back to the beginning he realized he had to stop alternative V from going active It was not until  later after Alternative Iv's success that he found out that Sumika was the reason he kept coming back.

Ok how to explain this um she had to die with out takeru dying if takeru died the loop started all over again. The only way for Takeru not to die was alternative IV not failing. In Unlimited Alternative V happens regardless which route you go. The Reason he kept going back in time was because sumika kept thinking about him in her brain form and that kept him there cause as you know the takeru in that timeline was actually already dead. But anyways the ending was masterful cause all Takeru wanted to do was go back to his own time but after jumping the 6+ times back to the beginning he realized he had to stop alternative V from going active It was not until  later after Alternative Iv's success that he found out that Sumika was the reason he kept coming back.

How did sumika managed to bring kasumi to takeru's real world, and why did it change so drastically, the world I mean, (Meiya's sister being alive, she not being adopted in the first place, Mikoto admitting that she was a girl and not pretending being a boy, etc, etc) Changing the BETA world made all those changes in his real world too?

I know that he was going to be forgotten in the BETA world but why did he lose his memories in his real world and not even completely because he was still crying when he saw everyone( deep inside or maybe his subconscious remembered everything)...does it mean that after some time eventually he was going to remember everything?

by the way does the game have the "extra" feature, to see the cutscenes, hear the music etc, because it didn't appear in my game once i beat it :/

How did sumika managed to bring kasumi to takeru's real world, and why did it change so drastically, the world I mean, (Meiya's sister being alive, she not being adopted in the first place, Mikoto admitting that she was a girl and not pretending being a boy, etc, etc) Changing the BETA world made all those changes in his real world too?

I know that he was going to be forgotten in the BETA world but why did he lose his memories in his real world and not even completely because he was still crying when he saw everyone( deep inside or maybe his subconscious remembered everything)...does it mean that after some time eventually he was going to remember everything?

by the way does the game have the "extra" feature, to see the cutscenes, hear the music etc, because it didn't appear in my game once i beat it :/

ok

Ok basically takeru went back to a alternate universe where they all existed and the only person who recognizes him out of the young girls is kasumi.  and he remembers because kasumi is there.

and i never seen a extra feature to be honest

Alright, lemme clear some things up:

The reason why the casualty conductor stuff ended was because Takeru had chosen Sumika. That is the entire reason, if memory serves me correctly. Takeru had been in that loop quite a bit of times, but in every single one before MLA's loop, he did not 'choose Sumika'. This can be seen at the end of Unlimited. Every single ending, including Sensei's, had actually happened, which is why he started seeing visions at one point of him giving each of the heroines a hot dicking. This even includes realities where Takeru simply died, so picking another girl is not a requirement to fail the loop. Heck, a lot could have been him living his life without ever finding out about the 00unit. When Takeru finally managed to survive long enough to pick Sumika, everything stopped and there was no more loops. His natural talent at using at being at piloting a TSF likely was a result of many different Takeru's who had fucked up, because odds are a lot of his loops were during his most badass moment right before the first Valkyrie deaths.

tl;dr

Casualty Conductor bs gets done because Takeru finally manages to pick best girl after either boning another one or dying (latter mostly). Sumika dying is not the reason why the loop stopped, and Takeru giving her a dicking is RELATED, but NOT THE REASON either. 

Also

The world at the end is not the same one from Extra. They share similarities, but it was an entirely different world, which is why Kasumi and Yuuya are there. And also Walken. Walken best teacher. It is very unlikely Takeru and Kasumi remember the events of MLA consciously. It was more of an unconscious thing that was similar to the reason why Takeru was a badass.  

And finally, there is no Extra feature in MLA, which is the only true downside to the VN in my opinion. 

Alright, lemme clear some things up:

The reason why the casualty conductor stuff ended was because Takeru had chosen Sumika. That is the entire reason, if memory serves me correctly. Takeru had been in that loop quite a bit of times, but in every single one before MLA's loop, he did not 'choose Sumika'. This can be seen at the end of Unlimited. Every single ending, including Sensei's, had actually happened, which is why he started seeing visions at one point of him giving each of the heroines a hot dicking. This even includes realities where Takeru simply died, so picking another girl is not a requirement to fail the loop. Heck, a lot could have been him living his life without ever finding out about the 00unit. When Takeru finally managed to survive long enough to pick Sumika, everything stopped and there was no more loops. His natural talent at using at being at piloting a TSF likely was a result of many different Takeru's who had fucked up, because odds are a lot of his loops were during his most badass moment right before the first Valkyrie deaths.

tl;dr

Casualty Conductor bs gets done because Takeru finally manages to pick best girl after either boning another one or dying (latter mostly). Sumika dying is not the reason why the loop stopped, and Takeru giving her a dicking is RELATED, but NOT THE REASON either. 

Also

The world at the end is not the same one from Extra. They share similarities, but it was an entirely different world, which is why Kasumi and Yuuya are there. And also Walken. Walken best teacher. It is very unlikely Takeru and Kasumi remember the events of MLA consciously. It was more of an unconscious thing that was similar to the reason why Takeru was a badass.  

And finally, there is no Extra feature in MLA, which is the only true downside to the VN in my opinion. 

Pretty sure the reason he was a casualty conductor is because sumika kept pulling him back into that world giving her dick or choosing her had nothing to do with it yuuko and kasumi explain the reason he was there is because he was focused on by sumika. He goes back to his world because kasumi stops thinking about him and it allows him to fade away(only reason she was thinking about him was because with sumika's death she was the only person holding him there ) .

Okay I had some long BS about turning the situation into a murder mystery but that sounded much too much like I wanted to start a fight, which I don't, so I deleted it. Anyway, to see what is wrong with what you just said, you simply need to ask a single question. 

Why? 

Why did Sumika keep drawing him back to that world? The answer is because she wanted him to love her. When he did, she no longer kept him focused on that world, so he was able to disappear. So giving her the hot dickings rid her of the reason to keep him tied to that world. It was her motive.

Okay I had some long BS about turning the situation into a murder mystery but that sounded much too much like I wanted to start a fight, which I don't, so I deleted it. Anyway, to see what is wrong with what you just said, you simply need to ask a single question. 

Why? 

Why did Sumika keep drawing him back to that world? The answer is because she wanted him to love her. When he did, she no longer kept him focused on that world, so he was able to disappear. So giving her the hot dickings rid her of the reason to keep him tied to that world. It was her motive.

No thats not why it has nothing to do with her wanting him to love her but the grief of watching takeru be ripped apart by the beta and her being sexually assaulted by them while he watched but mostly cause she watched him get ripped apart and she just thought about him hard enough to pull him into that world and keep him jumping each time he died

It seems I'm the only person who liked the ending.

But I found the rest of the game to be incredibly overrated, in fact, it's one of the lesser VN's I have played.

Well, at least I got it over with. 

It's hardly over rated but then again i prefer doom and gloom blood and gore to romance and rom com

It's hardly over rated but then again i prefer doom and gloom blood and gore to romance and rom com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MLA is the highest-rated VN on VNDB right now if I am not mistaken. In my opinion, it's barely a 7/10. It's overrated in my subjective, personal opinion.

A question 

MLA crashed for me after the 1-minute video where it shows the school from different perspectives with untranslated JP voices of the characters.

I don't think I ever saw Walken, did the game crash BEFORE the VN was completely finished? Have I missed much?

An explanation about the ending

When Sumika stopped Takeru's loop (because he finally fucked her, the second stupidest reason in the entire VN with the first one being tentacle rape by the BETA) she also subtly changed the world he was going to go to. That's why Yuuhi is with Meiya: Meiya was never given away in this world because Sumika took care of that.

Kasumi apparently still remembers something (She says something along the lines of "Thank god you are alive" when she first sees Takeru if I am not mistaken) and Takeru is subconsciously affected as well since he gets all teary the moment he sees all his "comrades". No explanation given as far as I know about why that is, or how.

Also, a possible plothole:

When Yuuhi and Meiya introduce themselves to Takeru's class at the final episode, their names are on the blackboard:

"Mitsurugi Meiya

Mitsurugi Yuuhi"

Mitsurugi, if I'm not mistaken, is the surname Meiya took when she was given away as a small child. The question is, why the hell does Yuuhi have that same surname then? They couldn't both be given away, after all. Did 00 Unit change that too? If so, why? We'll never know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MLA is the highest-rated VN on VNDB right now if I am not mistaken. In my opinion, it's barely a 7/10. It's overrated in my subjective, personal opinion.

A question 

MLA crashed for me after the 1-minute video where it shows the school from different perspectives with untranslated JP voices of the characters.

I don't think I ever saw Walken, did the game crash BEFORE the VN was completely finished? Have I missed much?

An explanation about the ending

When Sumika stopped Takeru's loop (because he finally fucked her, the second stupidest reason in the entire VN with the first one being tentacle rape by the BETA) she also subtly changed the world he was going to go to. That's why Yuuhi is with Meiya: Meiya was never given away in this world because Sumika took care of that.

Kasumi apparently still remembers something (She says something along the lines of "Thank god you are alive" when she first sees Takeru if I am not mistaken) and Takeru is subconsciously affected as well since he gets all teary the moment he sees all his "comrades". No explanation given as far as I know about why that is, or how.

Also, a possible plothole:

When Yuuhi and Meiya introduce themselves to Takeru's class at the final episode, their names are on the blackboard:

"Mitsurugi Meiya

Mitsurugi Yuuhi"

Mitsurugi, if I'm not mistaken, is the surname Meiya took when she was given away as a small child. The question is, why the hell does Yuuhi have that same surname then? They couldn't both be given away, after all. Did 00 Unit change that too? If so, why? We'll never know.

Ok Im getting annoyed explaining this over and over and over again THE LOOP DID NOT STOP BECAUSE TAKERU FUCKED SUMIKA THAT H-SCENE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.  Yuuko and kasumi explain to Takeru when he goes back to the other world to get the plans for alternative IV that the only reason he was kept in that world is because he was focused on. WHEN SUMIKA DIED at the end the only person still thinking about him was kasumi hence why when she stopped he phased back into his own timeline granted it was a alternative reality of his own. I WILL SAY AGAIN TAKERU FUCKING SUMIKA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CASUALTY CONDUCTOR OR THE LOOP!

Ok Im getting annoyed explaining this over and over and over again THE LOOP DID NOT STOP BECAUSE TAKERU FUCKED SUMIKA THAT H-SCENE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.  Yuuko and kasumi explain to Takeru when he goes back to the other world to get the plans for alternative IV that the only reason he was kept in that world is because he was focused on. WHEN SUMIKA DIED at the end the only person still thinking about him was kasumi hence why when she stopped he phased back into his own timeline granted it was a alternative reality of his own. I WILL SAY AGAIN TAKERU FUCKING SUMIKA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CASUALTY CONDUCTOR OR THE LOOP!

Calm down lol

I'm pretty sure that one reason (if not the reason) Sumika kept looping Takeru is that he "did not choose Sumika", the moment he "chose" Sumika (aka that horrid h-scene) Sumika decided not to keep him in the loop anymore.

If it didn't mean I had to ctrl-skip for several hours, I'd quote the specific line from the game.

Edit: I remember at the end that it was undetermined when Takeru would go back to his peaceful world. I'm pretty sure Yuuko emphasizes that he might pop out of existence at any second and that it conveniently happens right after he bids his adieu.