• Kurome
    • Lubock
    • Chelsea
    • Senryuu, Seryuu
    • Najenda
    • Bols
    • Run
    • Wave
  2. 2. Manga Readers: What will Mine's fate be?

• Killed by Esdeath
    • Kills Esdeath
    • Survives but doesn't Kill Esdeath
    • Survives but Tatsumi dies
    • Mein will survive and reign as the new Queen and everyone will bow down to her and praise her as the Goddess she is.
    • Mine dies by someone other than Esdeath
  3. 3. Who's your favorite pairing?

• Tatsumi x Mine - They're actually a couple...
    • Tatsumi x Esdeath - ...who aren't as hot as this pairing...
    • Tatsumi x Akame ...but If only Akame had more lines...
    • Wave x Kurome ...then they'd be like this (future) duo...
    • Tatsumi x Bulat - ...p.s. we all regret Bulat's death.

This poll is closed to new votes

I actually liked the fact she wasn't the one that ended up with Tatsumi.

That'd be too cliché in my opinion, it was so refreshing to see Mein and Tatsumi getting together, I genuinely expected Tatsumi to reject her but he didn't, these kind of twists never get boring.

Tatsumi can't die, he's the protagonist :P

Lelouch. Granted, it was at the very end, but still. :P

Lelouch. Granted, it was at the very end, but still.  :P

Yea it's usually at the end. Don't forget Light Yagami from Death Note and I am Legend (the book). If Tatsumi dies in a glorious battle, that reconfirms my belief that Akame will continue to carry on the series and this won't be the last one.

Well, it looks like everyone's paired off in Night Raid at the moment. That only leaves Akame and Leone. They were looking pretty chummy there in those last few chapters. Doujinshi time.

Esdese is another one of my favorites. I can't see her having a good end though. As far as feelings go, she hasn't shown very deep emotions for Tatsumi beyond "I want him as my object of desire." There hasn't been ounce of reflection in her thoughts about making Tatsumi happy. Tatsumi discovered pretty fast that there isn't anything that can change the nature of this woman.

I'm surprised a lot of discussions about her think she has a good side. It's a mistake to think she sees her subordinates as anything more than tools. She has blatantly stated that being nice to them has there benefits in battle. She's missing a lot of screws in her head to the point where drinking from an ultra danger beast's blood didn't change her personality, whereas everyone else went corrupt from it and died. 

Her amorality can't be cured. She's a subdivision of humanity. A species of her own. 

I never doubted Esdese couldn't change. In fact that's what makes her so strong, she has her own ideals and she's strong enough to stand up for them.

She sees Tatsumi as an object of affection and this has been proven several times when she hesitated to attack him. 

Although I do want to see what she'll do now that she knowsTatsumi is part of Night Raid. 

Will she just go after him or will she hesitate? One must wait to find out.

Regardless, this manga clearly tries to go for emotional conflict by showing you the "good side" of the "villains" and vice versa so you feel conflicted on who to actually cheer for. But that's part  of what makes the manga so interesting.

Me? I'm cheering for Mein and Tatsumi to stay together and Esdese eventually being defeated by Tatsumi.

I never doubted Esdese couldn't change. In fact that's what makes her so strong, she has her own ideals and she's strong enough to stand up for them.

She sees Tatsumi as an object of affection and this has been proven several times when she hesitated to attack him. 

Although I do want to see what she'll do now that she knowsTatsumi is part of Night Raid. 

Will she just go after him or will she hesitate? One must wait to find out.

Regardless, this manga clearly tries to go for emotional conflict by showing you the "good side" of the "villains" and vice versa so you feel conflicted on who to actually cheer for. But that's part  of what makes the manga so interesting.

Me? I'm cheering for Mein and Tatsumi to stay together and Esdese eventually being defeated by Tatsumi.

Given the choice of abandoning her position and power vs killing Tatsumi, I'm almost confident that she will kill Tatsumi first. Her feelings haven't shown any development since she met Tatsumi, and she did issue an order to kill him if it's discovered he's part of the rebellion. I'm waiting to see if my predictions will come to light next release.

About Mein. She became part of Tatsumi's love life pretty abruptly and there's a possibility that she might leave abruptly as well. In other words, she's apart of Tatsumi's growing pains. Just what did the Holy priest mean exactly when he saw their misfortune? Who's misfortune and how? The possibilities.

I'm still crossing my fingers really hard in hopes Mein makes it out alive. I'm begging all the gods that my favorite character does not get killed off. 

I really hated the cliffhanger in chapter 50, I'm so tense just thinking about what can happen next.

Pretty sure my favorite character is going to die eventually, but. Kurome still the best so far <3

Being completely amoral shouldn't make you into a sub-species of humanity, lol. Though I could understand if someone called Esdese a monster because of her ridiculous strength. Me? I think she's going to have a bunch of other fights pwning everyone and then they'll eventually have her killed by some character that's not even from Night Raid. Maybe even someone way weaker than her, to add to the irony. Frankly, I can't see her being the final boss, though I might be wrong. 

I'd say the only people who have plot armors in this series are akame and tatsumi. And I'd even go as far as saying that tatsumi's plot armor may not be all that strong. I do believe they'll kill Mein off, if only because the manga is obviously trying to make you care about her.

There is a lot of darkness that pops up unexpectedly in this series, so I think they may even eventually kill the whole Night Raid off save for tatsumi and akame while also killing off the empire. Than Tatsumi could go crazy and Akame could finish him off. Maybe she'll die in the match too. It'd be a nice ending, though the idea is too cliche.

I also have this feeling that Leone will either die an heroic death or won't die at all, even in the scenario above. Kinda irritating, because I really disliked her.

All this discussion about Mein dying, you're all so cruel~

The series would theoretically be over if they kill the prime minister though right?

I mean what can they do after that?

Sure Esdese might not be the final boss, in fact she was kind of the first "boss" that Night Raid had to face, but now we have a 3rd group that's trying to kill Night Raid as well so hey maybe they'll be the final boss, who knows.

But if they finish off the minister then the manga doesn't have any reason to continue since the whole premise of it was to kill the minister and start a revolution. And I believe Tatsumi must survive for this.

And I still very much have faith Mein stays alive.

Mein was on the cover of the first volume of Akame ga Kill alongside Tatsumi and Akame and she is listed as a main character. All the characters that have died so far have been supporting characters.

So I want to have faith she has plot armor as well.

The series would theoretically be over if they kill the prime minister though right?

I mean what can they do after that?

Sure Esdese might not be the final boss, in fact she was kind of the first "boss" that Night Raid had to face, but now we have a 3rd group that's trying to kill Night Raid as well so hey maybe they'll be the final boss, who knows.

But if they finish off the minister then the manga doesn't have any reason to continue since the whole premise of it was to kill the minister and start a revolution.

Well, yeah. The whole scenario of them killing each other off would be an epilogue of sorts. Y'know, just to give closure to the story? The main goal should be killing the prime minister. I think that's not all there is to it, though- they'll probably realize corruption would keep going even if the prime minister dies or something. Though too late to do anything about it.

I can't see any final bosses in the near future. The Prime Minister seems like an introductory evil to a series spanning many more arcs. I could be wrong. 

Nosebleeds post made me look up the cast and I'm kind of sad to see Esdese as a support. For once I like someone who's also beloved by the majority. I hope she gets enough support to change her fate. 

Mein reminds me of Sunday without God

52127.jpg

I thought he was going to be a part of the main cast for awhile. Fooled me.

Read about half of the manga (Ch. 28)... Freaking Esdese is love. Esdese is life. Esdese is <33333333

Uh yeah, I think Esdese is probably the best character I've seen in quite awhile... and her interactions with Tatsumi... makes me wish they'd go down the road less traveled and 

have Tatsumi join her, would have been so much more interesting.

Read about half of the manga (Ch. 28)... Freaking Esdese is love. Esdese is life. Esdese is <33333333

Uh yeah, I think Esdese is probably the best character I've seen in quite awhile... and her interactions with Tatsumi... makes me wish they'd go down the road less traveled and 

have Tatsumi join her, would have been so much more interesting.

Kind of Guilty Crownish plot there eh. I'm OK with that. Esdese might not budge but he didn't say anything about him not changing. 

I'd really like to see Esdese killing Mein in future chapters but that may not happen soon (if it does).

Also, what did you think about Seryu? I couldn't stand that wicked sense of justice she has.

Seryu and her dog were pretty cute until she turned Justice League. She probably has the least attractive Yandere face I've seen. Her sense of righteousness was kind of idiotic since she was working for the wrong side for that. 

Also, what did you think about Seryu? I couldn't stand that wicked sense of justice she has.

Personally, I think Seryu's point in the manga was less about being an actual character and more about what she symbolized. She was put there specifically to show that although Night Raid has good intentions, in the end they're still killing peoples loved ones (this was also a theme with Bors' character), giving further credit that they are NOT justice, but murders (as they themselves stated). Could also have been used to show how revenge begets more revenge, but I think the characters were actually pretty good at not going after her for the sake of retribution.

Sorry pal, gonna jump on that bandwagon... partially because I want Esdese and Tatsumi to be a thing... okay mostly... but also because Mien's death flag has been raised waaaaay too many times. And if anything, I'd think her being Tatsumi's, who happens to be lusted after by the strongest and potentially most deranged character in the manga, girlfriend raises her chances of death exponentially.

Not to mention the series is named after Akame.... and considering Tatsumi and Wave are close parallels (and we can all see how Wave and Kurome will end up), I wouldn't be surprised to see Akame be the rebound chick (after Mien's death of course). 

...and I'll go ahead and admit it, I don't really like Mien that much. Among all the members of Night Raid she has the least reason in my opinion to be involved. Discrimination will remain as discrimination, the government can create, strengthen, and weaken it, but never destroy it. People discriminate, society upholds what kind of discrimination is okay, and the government typically just falls inline with the majority opinion. Mien should be working to change societies opinion, not the governments stance. 

As for Tatsumi, I think he can die, but there needs to be certain circumstances. At the very least he's not gonna die from whats currently going on in the manga. I'm half expecting some kind of bail out from Esdese ("congratulations, you've captured the man I've had spying on Night Raid, want a cookie?" or "he's mine, k thanks"). I mean, she's already proven she doesn't give a damn about the law, or who is listed as a criminal, if she wants them she's going to have them. And need I remind everyone that she stated that assuming Tatsumi was apart of the rebels, you may kill him ONLY if it's a choice between your life and his. Assuming her wanting Tatsumi won't get her killed, seems to me she'll be treating him the same, if not liking him more for becoming stronger.

Not sure where the story would go after the Ministers death. His son would be the next logical step, but after that I have no idea what would happen. However I believe the author hinted at it when the Prime Minister and his son were talking about his travels, and the topic of the "unknown" east came up. That sounds like a good place to start... sorta Hunter x Hunter esque but whatever.

Oh and for the ones saying this is bimonthly... Akame ga Kill is apart of Square Enix's monthly Gangan Joker. Chapter 49 came out May 22nd, chapter 50 June 21st, and chapter 51 will be out on July 22nd (I'm referring to the actual chapter, not whenever it was translated/uploaded somewhere). If it looks bimonthly, it's because of slow translation/scanulation teams.

I will keep fighting for Mein's right to live.

I'm well aware of her death flags. Hell even the priest said a bleak future is ahead for her and Tatsumi. That's why i'm shaking in fear. However i believe this bleak future can be overcome if they try hard. If they stick together and work together to make sure they can overcome difficulties alive.

Mein is the cutest character in there, some people hate her, that's reasonable since i also hate a lot of characters like her, but not this time. So until i see her death my fingers will still be crossed, hoping that she can make it out alive.

And Akame being the rebound girl was something that crossed my mind too, i just thought it was incredibly cliche and discarded the idea.

I'd really like to see Esdese killing Mein in future chapters but that may not happen soon (if it does).

She was pretty cute. Seryu enters the 10 characters I liked the most there so far. The whole justice thing is adorable. Also, being able to follow orders and not question her superiors is a very strong point for me, I'd love someone like that. Someone willing to blow themselves up for a victory is always useful. Point is, she's nice.

Kurome still the best, though. And indeed I'd like to Esdese killing Mein, that could be very fun. Hey, maybe it'll happen soon. The typical "Your mind has been clouded by that stupid woman. Don't worry, I'll kill her soon and show you which one of us is actually stronger". The series had a few cliches so far, so it could happen. I wouldn't like it if it happened like that, though. Think we can expect a bit more from the characters.

I had my favorite character killed by my second favorite, so who dies and who doesn't is kind of meh to me by now.

I just hope Rabac survives at least a little longer.

I think Mein is gonna die tortured, that's the impression I got back in the first chapters, probably unlikely by now.

When you think about it, Esdese is really innocent about the whole Tatsumi thing. She has no idea what she's feeling I bet. She just seems like an animal to me because she doesn't have normal human emotions lol. It's like Patrick Bateman enthusiastically talking about his favorite CDs on one hand while killing his victims on the other hand.

I'm ok with Akame not hooking up with Tatsumi. I like her as a standalone character the way she is right now. She just needs more focus. 

I had my favorite character killed by my second favorite, so who dies and who doesn't is kind of meh to me by now.

I just hope Rabac survives at least a little longer.

I think Mein is gonna die tortured, that's the impression I got back in the first chapters, probably unlikely by now.

I'm quite sure someone will be dying in the next 2-3 chapters, probably Rabac or (hopefully) Mein.

I do think that there's a chance Esdese will torture Mein if she somehow captures her. There's no need to say what would come after that.