Akinator

Niko

I realize this guy isn't completely new news, but he surely is interesting. I keep plugging in anime characters to see if I can stump him (I've stumped him a couple times), but he usually can guess who I'm thinking.

http://en.akinator.com/

Anyone play it? Stump him? If so, which character from anything anime or not anime did you stump him with?

I didn't remember that this fucker was that good. Tried to fool him with some Smile Precure but he guessed Yayoi pretty easily. Same with Beatrice from Umineko. But that was easy stuff.

Then I tried A-ko from Project A-ko. Took him 70 questions and 1 wrong try, but he got it right. Nice played, sir.

I managed to get him with Fancy Lala. He got some close answers (Onpu from Doremi, a girl from Pretty Rythm, Magical Emi) but couldn't get Miho right.

Would probably be easier to trick him with VN characters though. I'm going to try some.

Dammit, every time someone reminds me about Akinator I invariably end up spending an hour or two seeing what he can and can't guess.

Curiously, I've noticed that after you tell him that the character is Japanese, from a game/novel and goes to school he immediately asks if the character is handicapped. I wonder why... :ph34r:

That one question you know when he asks it, you sigh heavily in defeat and realize that when you answer it the rest of the questions are just to laugh in your face...

The best ones are when he just asks unrelated questions, you think he's nowhere near, and then he just gets it right on the first guess.

Curiously, I've noticed that after you tell him that the character is Japanese, from a game/novel and goes to school he immediately asks if the character is handicapped. I wonder why... :ph34r:

Not really. It must be because you're thinking of cute girls- I've asked him about plenty of muscular manly man that go to school in a VN and katawa shoujo references never popped up~

The best ones are when he just asks unrelated questions, you think he's nowhere near, and then he just gets it right on the first guess.

Still, I have noticed he always asks about Japanese animation in all his rounds of character guessing. The tag is too popular to miss, and the fact that the question comes early on in the 20 question run makes narrowing the person down very easy.