Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Damn, the app has been stuttering a ton lately

it has ruined my combo several times today already

failing a combo on normal bokura no live is extremely embarrassing  :amane:

Really? I got to the point where I could safely FC hards, but then I started sucking at normal/easy songs. Their notes are just too slow, and I'm not used to the timing. 

Time for my two cents on this since so many people value my opinion.  As if that were possible.

I finally got around to playing this on my junk tablet--after a couple of false starts ("illegal access detected" msg, and the fact that I was somehow subjected to a tutorial before I got to adjust the timing (which A/V sync is apparently way off on my junk tablet))

Left me feeling lukewarm.

This game seems to require a lot of commitment, right?

And as much as I like the characters and would like to see the various stories and images...

But the game itself, oy vey...

I just don't care for this rhythm game.

There are no videos that play in the background are there...I thought there would be...

And then, I really just don't like touch screen rhythm games.  I like the feeling of furiously pushiing actual buttons.  I like the tactile feedback.

And it's missing that feeling of "this game is cool enough to be worth getting good at".  I really like the feel of games like Project Diva or Pop'n Music.  But I'm just not feeling it for this one.  I'm kind of picky though I guess.  I dislike Osu, too.

So the question is, would I put up with a mediocre rhythm game just because it's cute girls and likeable songs like in the Love Live anime?  I don't know.  I have a feeling I'm fated to ignore School Idol Festival just like those people who enjoy the Touhou characters but don't want to play the actual STG's...

...I thought I started to suck badly at the game, but it must have been just my imagination, right? I got first place on an EX song, after all... :kosame:  :kosame:  :kosame:  :kosame:  :kosame:

JfzEXmt.png

Thanks for healing my sorry newbie ass to victory, Kotori  :yumiko:

Illegal access? Are you rooted or something? That's the message I get if I try playing without rootcloak.

I've played a few rhythm games (ok, only osu, this, and guitar hero, but years of the other two), and I don't see this as a "mediocre" rhythm game, it gets rather difficult. I don't know about Project Diva or Pop'n Music to comment on those.

And the app is ALREADY like 800mb on JP, imagine adding video to that? Holy shit you'd have like a 2gb phone app. Some people can't even handle installing both English and Japanese version because that already takes up too much space :michiru:

In all honestly, don't force yourself to play something you don't like, it's that simple. If you don't like not having physical feedback, don't feel like putting in the effort, then don't waste your time since you could be using your time on something you'd enjoy more. And yes, to be fully successful in this game, it requires you to play a lot, as in, more than twice a day for at least 15-20min, because events are demanding. I'd say don't bother if you don't like it.

@Marie-nee (I'm using that for now on, it flows nicely), Mermaid Festa Vol1 is combo break central, don't feel bad at all for that song.

Time for my two cents on this since so many people value my opinion.  As if that were possible.

I finally got around to playing this on my junk tablet--after a couple of false starts ("illegal access detected" msg, and the fact that I was somehow subjected to a tutorial before I got to adjust the timing (which A/V sync is apparently way off on my junk tablet))

RANT

Pretty much all of us enjoy the game which is reinforced by our love of the franchise. Though we do get sick of playing from time to time and have our biases against and in favor of certain characters :makina:

Your dislike towards it is simply preference, no worries! Move on and find something else that you will enjoy :D

Really? I got to the point where I could safely FC hards, but then I started sucking at normal/easy songs. Their notes are just too slow, and I'm not used to the timing. 

I can't even survive Paradise Live and Pure Girls Project on hard so I can't risk doing hard songs for the event...

I'm stuck with grinding normals for now which are obviously easy to FC but that's where the stutters come in to ruin my day :(

edit: I just got rekt by Justin as well, brb gonna cry in a corner

I can't even survive Paradise Live and Pure Girls Project on hard so I can't risk doing hard songs for the event...

I'm stuck with grinding normals for now which are obviously easy to FC but that's where the stutters come in to ruin my day :(

edit: I just got rekt by JustIn as well, brb gonna cry in a corner

i just lucky .

is the good game indeed.....

only different 150 score only.....

cheer up my friend.

Kotori just healed my unskillful ass through Kitto Seishun too.

...I got worse, but this skill is just too useful. All hail URs and their amazingness.

a2MDWpl.png

Would anyone here like to add the account I'm using? At the very least, we can chat a little bit and you'll get drastic cool bonuses~

My new ID is 068406242. 

You know you're probably right, I guess I really wanted a full-blown Love Live console game, not a mobile game with memory constraints...

And the app is ALREADY like 800mb on JP, imagine adding video to that? Holy shit you'd have like a 2gb phone app. Some people can't even handle installing both English and Japanese version because that already takes up too much space :michiru:

Do the osu maps take up app storage data space or just regular storage?

A lotta Android phones only have 2 GB app data storage which is why yada yada yada QQ apps2big. even though 16+ GB regular storage

They just take up regular storage. I don't think my phone has any limited "app data storage".