Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

It depends in what context the hiragana is.

Was it part of a speech or was it a sound/action ?

And was it followed by a "ー"?

ぼ on its own, as a sound is kind of like "Fwoosh". There's no other meaning for it.

ぼー is usually used to indicate someone is spacing out, daydreaming, being sluggish, you get the point

There's some couples that baffle me as well.

I've seen almost everyone paired with Honoka at least at some point.

Rin x Maki is not that uncommon because Maki, Rin and Hanayo are long time friends

There's also Nozomi and Nico sometimes.

I might have been reading the character wrong, it's right there in the bottom right of the first strip, looked like "ba" to me..

I know where it comes from, there's even a song, Beat in Angel, but still seems weird, due to how different they are, and not even opposites.

I might have been reading the character wrong, it's right there in the bottom right of the first strip, looked like "ba" to me..

I know where it comes from, there's even a song, Beat in Angel, but still seems weird, due to how different they are, and not even opposites.

We all know NicoMaki and RinPana are canon and everyone that tries to defy that is a heretic.

Pay no attention to those plebeians and pretend they don't exist.

And yeah sometimes the circle is hard to distinguish from the 2 strikes if the character is really small.

If it was ば then it could mean a LOT of things.

This site might help.

We all know NicoMaki and RinPana are canon and everyone that tries to defy that is a heretic.

Pay no attention to those plebeians and pretend they don't exist.

And yeah sometimes the circle is hard to distinguish from the 2 strikes if the character is really small.

If it was ば then it could mean a LOT of things.

This site might help.

Must be the #12 on that site, the "realize" thing, which makes sense in context.

Ugh... Not feeling so hyped up for this event... Eli idolized is cute but I find myself preferring her unidolized. Currently have 5982 points, going to play 2 25 lp songs in a few more minutes. I'm stuck in 2000-4000 ranking, so much for hoping for a lighter event (the fact that I can't play at school also helps in affecting the amount of points I have)....

Guys, please comfort me. I finished watching season 2 just now (cries). It has been a wonderful journey, going from "why is this moe idol stuff popular" to "this is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me in a long time." Legitimately one of the greatest anime ever made, and this is coming from someone who, admittedly, usually despises the genre and only likes half the songs.

I'm going to rewatch it right away. Can't wait for the movie, Hanayo event, the day I will finally have enough money to buy a PS Vita and the upcoming game (never) and more Hanayo. Aaaalways more Hanayo.

I'm glad you saw the light mania, i was in that spot too. It's a wonderful sensation.

This was the stupidest Love Live doujin, but it was quite funny at the same time
https://raizoo.wordpress.com/2014/08/09/bisaid-kazahana-chiruwo-bad-girls-live/

Maki going crazy over Nico's shirt, I lost it there.
I shipped Umi with Honoka before Tsubasa came around.

Next doujin on their list is a RinPana one
And after that they'll translate Private Tsunderation round 3, can't wait for that one!

Also I have another short manga in translation, hopefully i can post it later today or tomorrow (probably today)

I'm totally in love with the anime watching at least 3-4 episodes everyday.

Can't help but love all 9 girls they are too too cute :)

I love the whole story too :)

How's everyone doing with the current events? :) I am losing 30 lps cause of sleeping and many more thanks to "no connection"

I'm not too concerned for the event as I've mentioned before, Eri is my least favorite girl, granted the card truly is cute, but i'm still not feeling like it.

And I finished translating that short manga just now.

Those last 2 pages had so much text my head was spinning, but I think I got the point across.

The manga has an Omake and i'll probably translate it but I think this is enough for now. Hope you enjoy it :D

Personal comments: Maki is just too adorable when she wants to do something for her beloved Nico-senpai, I really can't take this kind of story! Loved every bit of it despite the shortness~

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

71.jpg

Guys, please comfort me. I finished watching season 2 just now (cries). It has been a wonderful journey, going from "why is this moe idol stuff popular" to "this is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me in a long time." Legitimately one of the greatest anime ever made, and this is coming from someone who, admittedly, usually despises the genre and only likes half the songs.

I'm going to rewatch it right away. Can't wait for the movie, Hanayo event, the day I will finally have enough money to buy a PS Vita and the upcoming game (never) and more Hanayo. Aaaalways more Hanayo.

While I'm already a fan of this type of anime (cute girls, music, slice of life), Love Live has become a huge passion to me recently.

I'll actually give the story of my experience with Love Live. Lots-a-text spoiler tag

Initially, Love Live was just another anime, and happened to be airing the first season I started watching anime seasonally. I watched the season on my phone while waiting inbetween classes in college, and it aired on Crunchyroll 30min after Amnesia, which I hated, so I was always in a slightly worse mood every episode of Love Live I watched. I honestly can't remember my overall opinion back then, but I had the series at a 7, since I did like it a bit.

Then I discussed had discussed the series with a friend, and we both agreed that the season's build up was slow, and spent too much time to introduce all members into u's itself, and felt it hurt the anime and said it desperately needed a 2nd season to fix that slow build up. At that time, we mentioned our favorites, his were Nico, Honoka, and Rin. Mine were Honoka, Maki, and Nico. I'm a little ashamed to admit, after this first watch and talking to my friend, when he mentioned Rin, I honestly couldn't remember anything about her, other than what she looked like.

So, I did a rewatch of the series that summer after listening to the music a lot (I loved the music from the very beginning) and this time paid attention to Rin. After that watch, I wouldn't say she was my outright favorite, but tied with Honoka as my favorite (them genki girls). Though, as time went on, and I rewatched certain scenes (especially episode 4 stuff), Rin became my favorite, and my overall appreciation for the series raised even more. I talked to my friend again, and we both agreed we'd keep our ratings a little lower (8 instead of 9) and raise the rating up when/IF a S2 was announced. It happened, so I moved the rating to a 9, since as a whole, the season is now even more successful to me since it now has more meaning of introducing characters.

So, around that time, I played the rhythm game, osu! a lot, and played Love Live songs a whole ton, I was just building hype and hype for myself when the season would come.

So the season started, and nothing disappointed. From episode one, everything was outstanding. Rin's screen time was literally quadrupled, and within a few episode she skyrocketed right near the top of my favorite characters of all time. Then episode 5 came and changed everything. Since I began watching anime in Winter of 2012 and saw Shakugan no Shana, Shana had held my favorite character spot for over a year. Well, she's been thoroughly toppled. The amount of joy I feel for Rin watching the end of episode 5... The first time I played Love Wing Bell on the JP SIF game, I just had tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face. While her story isn't the most significant thing in the world, it impacted me so deeply, I can't help but think so much of Rin.

So to move on, the series kept airing, Rin kept being Rin, every episode was simply amazing. Not included above, but going into S2 I was paying a lot more attention to Hanayo as well, and she skyrocketed up my favorites list to the 3rd spot she held until very recently. Now... she's #2 :D Episodes 11-13 came, and destroyed me emotionally, I had been dreading the end for weeks before it came.

And now to very current time. Love Live has become a huge passion. I think about it randomly throughout the day, I listen to the music in my free time and while playing other games. My friends get annoyed because I mention it too much (and even then I'm holding back the best I can). I have 2 frieds who will actively engage conversations about Love Live with me, one being a huge fan himself, the other who hasn't even completed the first season, but loves Hanayo and plays SIF a lot (he's rank 64 atm).

So yeah, that should cover it. This became a lot longer than I initially thought. I could have had more, but I tried to hold back on too much detail.

I'm totally in love with the anime watching at least 3-4 episodes everyday.

Can't help but love all 9 girls they are too too cute :)

I love the whole story too :)

How's everyone doing with the current events? :) I am losing 30 lps cause of sleeping and many more thanks to "no connection"

7882 points in the EN event, but I've wasted I don't know how much LP from just not caring. I don't like the card idolized, so I'd rather keep her unidolized anyway. Also, 17186 points in the JP event, though I am 30min away from a rank up, so I'm going to be a little higher later.

I'm not too concerned for the event as I've mentioned before, Eri is my least favorite girl, granted the card truly is cute, but i'm still not feeling like it.

And I finished translating that short manga just now.

Those last 2 pages had so much text my head was spinning, but I think I got the point across.

The manga has an Omake and i'll probably translate it but I think this is enough for now. Hope you enjoy it :D

Personal comments: Maki is just too adorable when she wants to do something for her beloved Nico-senpai, I really can't take this kind of story! Loved every bit of it despite the shortness~

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

That face Nico had, wtf? Really good though.

Screenshot_2014-08-09-17-19-02.png

I'm starting to like this.

Screenshot_2014-08-09-23-28-23.png

Used up only 7-8 stones so far, got 3x LP refill due to leveling as well. I'm around 600-700 at the moment; the competition around 1k seems to be preety tight, but you can see how it loosens up around 500, where the difference between each player's score is preety huge. It's impossible for me to get to 200 without wasting many more stones, but with a bit of luck I should be able to keep up within 1k; in worst case I'll use up some of the stones prepared for 10+1 draw. That is, if I'll manage to keep up waking on time every morning... whiiiiich might not happen and that's what worries me the most.

That slavic vixen will be mine! x3

Screenshot_2014-08-09-17-19-02.png

I'm starting to like this.

Screenshot_2014-08-09-23-28-23.png

Used up only 7-8 stones so far, got 3x LP refill due to leveling as well. I'm around 600-700 at the moment; the competition around 1k seems to be preety tight, but you can see how it loosens up around 500, where the difference between each player's score is preety huge. It's impossible for me to get to 200 without wasting many more stones, but with a bit of luck I should be able to keep up within 1k; in worst case I'll use up some of the stones prepared for 10+1 draw. That is, if I'll manage to keep up waking on time every morning... whiiiiich might not happen and that's what worries me the most.

That slavic vixen will be mine! x3

Remember, the last day the cutoffs rise like crazy. I was comfortably sitting at 200-300 range in the Honoka event with 10 love gems spent and was knocked to 1015 at one point before spending more (12 spent overall got me 975th place)

Anyone knows of a rough estimate of love gems required for top 200 event ranking? Would like to estimate how many love gems I would need to prepare for the Maki score match that's in a few months time.

Remember, the last day the cutoffs rise like crazy. I was comfortably sitting at 200-300 range in the Honoka event with 10 love gems spent and was knocked to 1015 at one point before spending more (12 spent overall got me 975th place)

Yeah, I feel you. The people who are willing to spent love gems on the game is increasing, hopefully we will finally see that increase in rank cutoff during the next event. I highly doubt it though.

Anyone knows of a rough estimate of love gems required for top 200 event ranking? Would like to estimate how many love gems I would need to prepare for the Maki score match that's in a few months time.

A safe number would be ~40ish, at least.

It can be more/less depending on how you spread out your gem usage and the girl's popularity.

I'm not too sure about Maki since her event will be a score match. I'd still say prepare at least 40 gems.

I had asked on Reddit how many love gems it would take, one person said they spend ~25-30 for top 200. Hopefully I'll get more responses to get a good estimate. Though, I was asking for the Hanayo and Rin event. I'm not even going for top 1000 in the Maki event because I don't want to be part of that bloodbath.

I found this

44419677_m.png

While I'm already a fan of this type of anime (cute girls, music, slice of life), Love Live has become a huge passion to me recently.

I'll actually give the story of my experience with Love Live. Lots-a-text spoiler tag

Initially, Love Live was just another anime, and happened to be airing the first season I started watching anime seasonally. I watched the season on my phone while waiting inbetween classes in college, and it aired on Crunchyroll 30min after Amnesia, which I hated, so I was always in a slightly worse mood every episode of Love Live I watched. I honestly can't remember my overall opinion back then, but I had the series at a 7, since I did like it a bit.

Then I discussed had discussed the series with a friend, and we both agreed that the season's build up was slow, and spent too much time to introduce all members into u's itself, and felt it hurt the anime and said it desperately needed a 2nd season to fix that slow build up. At that time, we mentioned our favorites, his were Nico, Honoka, and Rin. Mine were Honoka, Maki, and Nico. I'm a little ashamed to admit, after this first watch and talking to my friend, when he mentioned Rin, I honestly couldn't remember anything about her, other than what she looked like.

So, I did a rewatch of the series that summer after listening to the music a lot (I loved the music from the very beginning) and this time paid attention to Rin. After that watch, I wouldn't say she was my outright favorite, but tied with Honoka as my favorite (them genki girls). Though, as time went on, and I rewatched certain scenes (especially episode 4 stuff), Rin became my favorite, and my overall appreciation for the series raised even more. I talked to my friend again, and we both agreed we'd keep our ratings a little lower (8 instead of 9) and raise the rating up when/IF a S2 was announced. It happened, so I moved the rating to a 9, since as a whole, the season is now even more successful to me since it now has more meaning of introducing characters.

So, around that time, I played the rhythm game, osu! a lot, and played Love Live songs a whole ton, I was just building hype and hype for myself when the season would come.

So the season started, and nothing disappointed. From episode one, everything was outstanding. Rin's screen time was literally quadrupled, and within a few episode she skyrocketed right near the top of my favorite characters of all time. Then episode 5 came and changed everything. Since I began watching anime in Winter of 2012 and saw Shakugan no Shana, Shana had held my favorite character spot for over a year. Well, she's been thoroughly toppled. The amount of joy I feel for Rin watching the end of episode 5... The first time I played Love Wing Bell on the JP SIF game, I just had tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face. While her story isn't the most significant thing in the world, it impacted me so deeply, I can't help but think so much of Rin.

So to move on, the series kept airing, Rin kept being Rin, every episode was simply amazing. Not included above, but going into S2 I was paying a lot more attention to Hanayo as well, and she skyrocketed up my favorites list to the 3rd spot she held until very recently. Now... she's #2 :D Episodes 11-13 came, and destroyed me emotionally, I had been dreading the end for weeks before it came.

And now to very current time. Love Live has become a huge passion. I think about it randomly throughout the day, I listen to the music in my free time and while playing other games. My friends get annoyed because I mention it too much (and even then I'm holding back the best I can). I have 2 frieds who will actively engage conversations about Love Live with me, one being a huge fan himself, the other who hasn't even completed the first season, but loves Hanayo and plays SIF a lot (he's rank 64 atm).

So yeah, that should cover it. This became a lot longer than I initially thought. I could have had more, but I tried to hold back on too much detail.

Do add more if you feel like it next time, your posts are always a good read.

Of course, by the time I started watching, the second season was already done, so I don't know how slow it felt having to watch it weekly. I'd say the long time spent on introducing all the characters is a valid complaint, but as you said, with the second season added it was actually clearly the right decision. A lot of them didn't stand out for me even after their respective introductions, but in the long run, this kind of build-up turned out to be incredibly effective.

For me, it all started when a friend posted a screenshot of her result screen for Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love - I figured it was a rhythm game and decided to check it out. I was being cynical throughout the whole thing, complaining about how it was incredible for a rhythm game to not have a single song I like, but enjoying the gameplay too much to just delete it from my phone. I didn't know anything about the girls, so I picked Eli, since I liked her design the most. I'll also have to admit that my current #1 favorite really didn't stand out to me at first.

So as I continued playing, unlocking some more stories on the way, I based my favorite characters mostly off their designs and a few of their lines in the game. Conveniently, my first three favorites were an entire sub-unit, BiBi. Then I started the anime and was incredibly disappointed because I really hated Eli's attitude. The show as a whole was really enjoyable though, and two seasons later, I love all nine of them. I can't even put them in order (with the obvious exception of #1) because they all have something I like about them.

tl;dr - Here I am now, playing SIF daily ever since I started, even listening to some of the music, getting my friends into this, worshipping Hanayo, spamming my Twitter with LoveLive! reaction images, feeling an incredible urge to talk about it all the time and proudly calling myself a ラブライバー. :P

One thing about the anime... (Spoilers for both seasons.)

I don't know how I feel about the drama in it, like Honoka getting sick after overdoing her training or that snow storm almost stopping the 2nd years to make it to the finals. It was so predictable, it was impossible not to see it coming, but even so, it didn't really occur to me as bad writing... Although it was a little cheesy, I really felt with the characters. Got teary-eyed way more than once in both seasons.

I get 200 past few events ~ its normally get more than 27 gem becoz my sucks skill, and nico event make about 34 gem. If u can get every event plays with s.a combo, u should save up 10% of gem to waste. Anyway, currently its better u make 30 gem for 200th, and 40 will be secure as yeokso mentioned.

Since nico event, the gem used for 200th r increased many @@

I spent 3-4 love gems for eng event

And now I am at 9xx for song score ranking :/ I dunno how to raise my score any help? My team have 2 sr umis 1 sr rin 2 idolized elis 3 idolized makis and not sure if I should put smile sr honoka and nico (they have score raising skills) or cool r umi and maki??

And now I am at 9xx for song score ranking :/ I dunno how to raise my score any help? My team have 2 sr umis 1 sr rin 2 idolized elis 3 idolized makis and not sure if I should put smile sr honoka and nico (they have score raising skills) or cool r umi and maki??

Well I replaced 2 of my idolized Elis with SR Honoka and Nico and i raised my points by about 3k. I was super lucky though with lotsa skill procs. You will be scoring lower on average when replacing your cool R cards but if your lucky you just might hit a new high score  :)

If u found out with cool team, u reach ur limit, then try out honoka and nico for gamble on trigger of skill ~ anywya i tried and have 4 times times triggered before. In past event, get 7 times as highest.