Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Guys, I'm thinking of getting either Samsung s4 or s4 mini. Do these two have any performance issues when it comes to playing SIF? (iPhone is too expensive and screen is too small for me)...

I am using s4 so far no choppy thing, it is good while playing :D

Guys, I'm thinking of getting either Samsung s4 or s4 mini. Do these two have any performance issues when it comes to playing SIF? (iPhone is too expensive and screen is too small for me)...

Is it justified to get an S4? If not, you could as well think of getting an LG L7 II, which I own. I personally don't see any reason to buy a top tier smartphone, unless you will really use it, or want to brag about. There's also a bunch of smartphones in between, with larger screens; the only major pro in case of Samsung S series is their performance/processing power and large HQ super amoled screens; nothing else besides that. Unfortunately, it's quite costly. HQ IPS screens are a great replacement for amoled.

Well... First of all, I said Samsung because I know that that phone has games that I also have in my family's tablet. Also, because I don't know any other phones. I don't need a phone to brag about, I just need something that can play SIF and other games while also being cheaper compared to others (also something that can browse the internet, and have Skype or other texting services so that I can keep in contact with family and friends)

Then you have no need for a high-end, expensive smartphone. Either get a functional midgrade phone with an IPS screen, or try one of the higher-end phones which sacrifice quality cover and materials for powerful hardware specs and get a phone case. There's a bunch of really nice phones already available and a few new models will be out later this year. I even posted about one of them earlier.

Then you have no need for a high-end, expensive smartphone. Either get a functional midgrade phone with an IPS screen, or try one of the higher-end phones which sacrifice quality cover and materials for powerful hardware specs and get a phone case. There's a bunch of really nice phones already available and a few new models will be out later this year. I even posted about one of them earlier.

Can you also tell me other phones that you recommend I should get? If it doesn't trouble you that is... I really don't know any other phones other than Samsung and apple ones...

Edit: never mind. My parents don't trust brands other than Samsung or apple for phone so they won't let me even after I already told them how we could save more money without buying Samsung or apple ;-;

You can find a decent guide here.

As for my recommendations, I'm not a huge fan of chinese developers, but Huaweii has been creating really decent devices as of late. They often fall into the mid-high end range with costs comparable to that of mid-low end phones; it's definately the best value for money you can get. Another huge shoutout should go to LG; not that far ago, LG wasn't even considered any sort of a competitor on the global smartphone market, but that changed preety fast. Their current phones are often both high quality and present great value for really cheap prices. They have one of the best mid-end phones currently available on the market, along with the one I currently own.

I have to admit that the Motorola Moto G might be an incredibly interesting position and I myself wish this phone was available earlier around the place where I live.

IceD.... My parents won't let me get anything other than Samsung or apple because they don't trust other brands (well so far it's just my mom but most likely my dad would end up agreeing with her). There goes my dream of being more efficient with the money T-T

But thanks for all of your explanation. I really appreciated it. :)

As if Samsung, or Apple were such great brands; they aren't better than any other brand, trust me. The only reason why Apple can give their owners such services and devices, is because they are overpaying them a ton of money, while their devices are built in chinese factories, like any other modern electronic hardware. Apple's stuff isn't US made, like they used to claim; that was one of the most impressive BS given out during 2012-2013 and americans believed them so hard.

You should get the Moto G; Period, but I won't argue if your parents like to throw cash at something just because it's Samsung or Apple, haha. S4-S5 are all excellent devices, just a tad too overpriced. Same goes for Iphones.

Okay, enough of this offtopic.

Thx IceD. Yeah, I know about that tidbit over the fact that apple uses Chinese factories.

Anyways, back to the real discussion, which is about SIF. It seems that I have absolutely no hope of ever reaching 1000-2000 rank for score T-T Doing good so far on gaining event points. Right now have about 5k and without using any love gems (bless you my school for giving this long holiday).

I'm currently ranked again around 3,5-4k, which is preety normal for busy events, and this one's as busy as Nico's event; either Honoka is preety popular on the west, or we're having a lot more new users participating. I haven't used a single gem yet, though. I'm not planning to, either. I will simply continue on playing regulary and get my single SR; that's enough for me. I really like those cards featuring all the girls in their nightwear.

I woke up ranked 230 with 9778 event points, but had LP to spend, which got me enough to play Love Marginal twice, putting me at 10280.

Oh, and this happened, breaking my heart, guess I woke up to my YASMotD

9SxyqsI.png

If you're wondering why I  got a C, I just used a group with random cards I like since I already have  an S on the song.

GwTkQhO.png

I think you could figure out what teams A, B, and C are, team D changes randomly whenever I feel like it, I make it full attribute teams of each member,, and E is my favorite cards I rotate a bit and used for Main Formation for leader.

Screenshot_2014-07-24-00-23-37.png

Another clear. Only two main songs left, one of them being Wild Stars.

I guess my screen size is way to small to allow flawless performance.

Speaking aside of that, I have some interesting news for you guys.

I have to admit, I enjoyed LL a lot, which is a rarity in case of shows like these, since I typically call them average and often forget about after a while; in this case, there's something special in LL and I won't forget about it, at least not anytime soon; there's LL:SIF as well so I guess it will keep me occupied for a longer while in case of LL's franchise.

Anyway, I've been slowly returning to art after years of absence and looking around for creative ways to both improve my rusty skills, occupy myself with meaningful work and something, that could potentially turn in a bit of profit in the near future. Since I liked LL and all the girls so much, I thought it would be really neat to create a Love Live artbook; but not just an average artbook. Since my tastes are quite unusual and refined, I decided to reimagine the cast of Love Life as monstergirls; The idea for Phantasmagories was born.

Note, this is just an early concept for a long-term work. It might take me months to finish this and I won't begin before I regain my old proficiency with tablets. I guess that's around a year or more, unless other plans will come up or my life becomes preety busy. So far, from what I thought, Phantasmagories would be at least 16 pages, B5, soft cover, full color and would feature full-page artworks for each girl, few pages of additional doodles and an afterword by yours trully, as well as a glimpse on the processing work behind the art. There's also a possibility for guest artworks from few of my friends. If that would happen, there's a possibility the book would go up as far to 32 pages, or even more depending on the popularity. That's the physical version; a digital version would be also available.

I already have some ideas regarding the characters and artworks I'd want to include in the artbook, but that's where the real fun comes! Since we're already talking about this, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Share your ideas, and I'll see whether they can happen. I'm mostly interested what are your own thoughts on types of the creatures each girl would fit best to impersonate. Think of it as some sort of a metaphor, matching their personalities and hobbies.

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions regarding this; feel free to ask me about anything, as well.

IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Edit: Just listened to it. Eargasm as well as fangasm is in place. I approve. Great song, hype train delivered.

@IceD

That's a very unique concept. Never even thought about what they'd look like as monster girls. Not sure what features would fit them either.

In fact I never really got too into the monster girl universe, I appreciate monster girls aesthetically though, some are true pieces of artwork.

I look forward to seeing some sketches/drafts though :D

I don't think it should. At least it'll be more useful all around than just SIF alone. I personally don't like the Iphone interface. My Samsung Tab 3 was pretty cheap so I'm thinking quality wasn't what it had in mind. I'll just use it to read books from now.

Currently using cheap china brand flagship phone Mi3, 2gb RAM + Snap 801 2.3 + Adreno 330 550Mhz, touch sensitive also good. Didnt encounter any problem when play games =w= Only a problem, 5.0 inch screen seems big to me, i prefer 4.8 for my self. Stil value for a USD 243 phone ~

Get 2GB ram device for secure, even iphone had better much OS than android, its encounter a bit lag with its 1GB ram if didnt care well of background usage.

Now only if I understood it. Hey, Nosebleed, I know you want to translate that whole booklet for us :D

HPzt6ij.png

It takes effort looking up kanji in a dictionary (due to my skill levels), i can translate small sentences like those short manga strips, but no way I'm spending tons of hours in a booklet that'll probably get a really crappy translation done by me :P

We can ask Mephisto if he'll be kind enough to translate it though (go spam his inbox :ph34r: ).

The lower half of the booklet are the lyrics to the song.

Someone already put them here so enjoy: http://love-live.wikia.com/wiki/Zurui_yo_Magnetic_today

The free UR kind of sucks, it has the same leader ability as a rare, and the states of a rare(maybe even lower). It goes up to level 100, and 20 combo = 36% chance of 220 point increase. 

Is that even a UR...

That sucks for a card.

The free UR kind of sucks, it has the same leader ability as a rare, and the stats of a rare(maybe even lower). It goes up to level 100, and 20 combo = 36% chance of 220 point increase. 

Free UR or bundled with any merchandize always SR points + R skill.... Its free althought ~ still u can try max out its skill lv to get nearly SR LV1/2 skill =w=

its always Draw UR > Draw SR > Event SR > Free/Gift UR > Free/Gift SR > R > N