what do you think about "NTR" on vn?

Ravi

It only counts if they are already in a relationship. If the protagonist already has a girlfriend but then is seduced it's NTR, if there's someone who loves him but they're not on a relationship, it's not.

And yet everyone says ef - a fairy tale of the two has reverse NTR, mixing up the term with simple jealousy (pretty high amounts of it though).

And yet everyone says ef - a fairy tale of the two has reverse NTR, mixing up the term with simple jealousy (pretty high amounts of it though).

Well, people often don't know/care about the meaning of this type of term. I can't do anything about it besides explain what it means.

I was seriously weirded out by that scene as well, but what follows after it... damn <3 I hope you'll enjoy the VN as much as I did!

did you completely finish that vn?one fucked up game ,with a really peculiar "Gameplay".

well,i am not surprised some people have no idea what ntr is,since there is hardly(or none?) any translated vn with ntr tags.i feel like to translate "that" game but i guess both my english and japanese skill still inadequate to be a translator.so, i will hold back for now.

I'm a bit fond of well-executed NTR.  The most readily available example of NTR is certain paths in School Days involving Makoto's friend and either Kotonoha or Sekai.  I found the scene with Kotonoha in particular to be surprisingly erotic, so I sought out more of the genre.

Elf seems to be the premiere developer of NTR games that are more than simple nukige.  If you're curious about NTR, and you want to see it done right, check out this title: http://vndb.org/v8731

Well-executed NTR usually involves a protagonist that is weak, ambivalent, and lacking self-esteem.  It generates a dark foreboding atmosphere, with an escalating sense of dread similar to watching a trainwreck in progress.  It's quite different than your typical VN.

hmm ,i guess i gonna try some of elf game. too bad its not "surprise" ntr.well, its expected,some extreme otaku might  burn down an eroge company if they include a surpise ntr in their moege. :D

did you completely finish that vn?one fucked up game ,with a really peculiar "Gameplay".

Yeah, I completed it, it just keeps getting better as it goes. The story might not be that great, but it serves its purpose perfectly - its the concept and later on interactivity that makes this one of my favourite VNs. :) There's some incredible attention to detail in there, I really liked that.

But yeah, I think totono was my first experience with NTR outside of jokes, and it was really uncomfortable. Especially when taken as a fetish, it really weirds me out. It can work nicely in a story, but it certainly isn't a nice experience.

I don't have any specific feelings on NTR, since I don't usually put myself in the shoes of the protagonist. I just hate when the one doing the NTR is ugly, since it detracts from the scene.  :P For example, the only NTR game I've played even a little bit of is Dark Blue, and while two heroines were taken by semi-attractive (if mentally scummy) guys, the third girl was taken by her fat, middle-aged, generally hideous and rotten teacher after being blackmailed. The first two girls had some pretty decent scenes (rapey context aside), but the third girl's were practically unwatchable.

It only counts if they are already in a relationship. If the protagonist already has a girlfriend but then is seduced it's NTR, if there's someone who loves him but they're not on a relationship, it's not.

Not necessarily. NTR as a fetish is all about jealousy. Sure, it usually comes hand in hand with cheating, but it's a broader term. As long as the protagonist is in love with the girl, she has sex with someone else, and everything is portrayed in a specific, heartbreaking, jealousy-inducing way, it can count as NTR even if the protagonist isn't going out with said girl. Childhood friends or sisters are likely candidates for this variant of NTR (I'm not an expert in this field, but even I bumped into a few titles like this, so it can't be that rare).

So no, the Ef example does qualify as a reverse-NTR - although just barely.

As for the topic - as a plot-device, NTR is similar to rape. If done right(?) it's a good drama/utsuge material. And since I like depressing, heartrending stories, I guess I could say I like those two themes, just as I like stories where my favorite characters die and make me cry for a week. When it comes to VNs, I like when all NTR/rape is avoidable - it makes the bad-endings very powerful.

When it comes to NTR as a fetish though, unfortunately serious approach to this is even more uncommon then serious rape. In both cases, the girl usually gets instantly slutified, and everything turns into a semi-consensual orgy. That's simply stupid, and it's very boring H-wise too. When I'm going into a rape-themed H, I want grimdark stuff, psychological trauma etc., not some dull gangbang with a mindless sex-slave. And in NTR case, there's also the issue with main character, who is often just an annoying thrash who fully deserves to get his GF stolen. But, literally the biggest obstacle that prevents me from exploring the NTR genre, are seriously oversized boobs. Really now, this genre is infested with MILFs and other boob-monsters, how am I supposed to feel bad for the protagonist, when I'd actually run away from such girls? I could count on my fingers all NTR-oriented titles featuring girls that aren't very hard on my eyes.

Eh, that's probably the only fetish besides bara and furries that I still didn't really explore. I guess I'll check out 1-2 NTR-oriented VNs someday soon, hopefully they will be better than those crappy H-animes and only slightly better H-mangas.

Oh, this reminds me that I was planning to read Dark Blue since about a year ago. Damn you Real Life, give me some time for VNs. T_T