Gun gale online~Phatom Bullet HYPE!

Homaru

In my opinion i found Sword Art Online to be a dribbling mess in terms of character development. The plot was intresteing but failed to execute. High points were definitely the soundtrack and beuatiful artwork by a1-pictures. I'm hoping gun gale online can fix its mistakes and still bring top notch action and beuatiful sound tracks by  yuki kajiura. Is anyone else excited or intrested in ggo or at least gong to watch the first ep?

The novels were good. But they can easily fail as an anime just like SAO and ALO failed on multiple levels. I don't remember Asuna being as annoying as she was in the anime

I still can't take SAO seriously as an action anime or even a story driven anime. It's just sappy romance with a generic shounen protag alongside the main heroine stuck somewhere cliché.

And GGO brings us trap Kirito. I wonder how many will stick by after that. Though the reason he is a trap is explain after I can easily see the anime taking advantage of it to sell more.

Well I will certainly check it out. SAO was alright though not an anime to be taken seriously in my opinion. It's just flashy lights and action with a very shallow and generic plot and "badass" protagonist that can overcome anything (AKA what the masses enjoy the most). It's like i'm a fly and SAO is a light bulb.

Wether GGO succeeds or not I hope it does, it's my favorite arc, but it can get ruined so i won't keep my hopes  too high.

I'll give it a shot. Like others, I'm not expecting much, but if it turns out to be a giant piece of poop, like the second half of SAO (the first half wasn't anything amazing) I wouldn't be surprised at all. I still think it'll wind up doing well (in terms of sales), just because of the massive fan-base it has.

What I can see happening is the western fans getting turned away if the anime starts using kirito's genderbender self for fanservice. Though in japan stuff like this is rather normal and not too weird, in the west that most definitely is not the case. I can just see a lot of fans getting turned off if they make Kirito even more feminine, personality wise, and put him in some cliché situations.

But let's hope this isn't the case and that Kirito's character is actually half decent this time around.

I'll give it a shot. Like others, I'm not expecting much, but if it turns out to be a giant piece of poop, like the second half of SAO (the first half wasn't anything amazing) I wouldn't be surprised at all. I still think it'll wind up doing well (in terms of sales), just because of the massive fan-base it has.

I agree, the fanbase is quite big probably because it tried to be a mmo. Didnt really have amy game mechaincs except for the inventory like thing they had.

Honestly i think Sinon is going to determine if this anime is any good. Quite happy that Asuna is a supporting character now but if they fuck up sinons arc im just going to drop it right on the spot. I read the ggo light novel and sinon past is a little dark but i can see the anime making her past look like a joke.

Honestly i think Sinon is going to determine if this anime is any good. Quite happy that Asuna is a supporting character now but if they fuck up sinons arc im just going to drop it right on the spot. I read the ggo light novel and sinon past is a little dark but i can see the anime making her past look like a joke.

Let us pray this does not happen.

All I want is a decent heroine. I'm used to bland protagonists (which a lot of major anime nowadays have) but the minimum I demand is a decent heroine. Asuna certianly isn't. Suguha was... although I kind of sympathized with her (Imouto points) she was still a major hindrance in the story. And the only half decent heroines were just side girls that Kirito just left alone for the rest of the story after one episode.

This is an opportunity for SAO to redeem itself on the main heroine quality. Let us have some faith that Sinon will be as good. Her character design is by far my favorite <3

This is the only thing I don't want SAO to ruin.

one thing i never liked is that there is no 'character growth' for Kirito ever,he's just OP from the start to finish,never had to learn or train ._.

and if something gets tough for him he just gets a power-up on the spot like Natsu from Fairy Tail

maybe GGO can change that,but doubt it

I'm pumped just because I'm a big SAO fan, though the anime is probably one of my least favorite things in the SAO franchise. I hope they can get the true meaning of GGO out and not screw up like they did in ALO.

It would also be cool if they did Mother's Roseary as well since that was not a bad one either.

But they have to animate Alicization very soon because Alicization is just amazing!

Light novel SAO is way better than SAO anime

Also the web novel SAO latter parts is.... interesting.

dunno if the author is going to follow it for the official Light novels

Hopefully SAO 2 anime will be better than SAO 1 (...which they animated pretty horribly /shrug)

But they have to animate Alicization very soon because Alicization is just amazing!

I think that would be too much. I think they're just going to go with GGO.

We still don't know how many episodes the series will have but if it's 12/13 then it'll only be GGO.

If it's more than that I don't know but the Alicization arc is too big, it needs its own season. I don't want to see it compressed.

I've never read the Light Novels for SAO. Is it really that different from the anime? If so, I may have to give them a look.

Yes. One of the big differences is Asuna isn't as an annoying heroine as she is in the anime.

But there's other stuff. Basically the story is properly told and there's not many pacing issues as opposed to the anime.

The characters are all much properly depicted as well.

The level of detail the LNs have is much better than the anime.

I must be one of the few survivors who liked the Anime, I thought it was pretty fun and kept my interest. Asuna is a great waifu too. I'll be sad in the new season if there's a huge lack of her. Doesn't bother me all that much how different it is from the LN. But then again i'm easily pleased!

• 1 month later...

Won't be watching since SAO1 sucked donkey ass.

First part of SAO1 is good but the second part is horrible because it too push over and rushed.

Still I think you should give SAO2 at least 2-3 episode a try. If you hate it after you watch 2-3 episode of it then feel free to drop it.

But that just my opinion speaking. If you hate it then I won't complaint about it.

I hate the first season but I'll give this second season a try~ 

well,the op was great~

....kirito is a girl?!

and he now uses lightsabers like those jedis in starwars?!  (yoda....) :o

......shino is cute....(love glasses) :D

and..........

I don't know bout anything else sorry.........    :mellow:

my opinion~ (hope you guys won't get mad at me..... :( )

Well, I guess I should give my full thoughts on that episode.

The first episode was a massive turnoff. It bored me to the point where I unconsciously opened a chess program on my phone. The purpose of a first episode is to spark interest in the viewer. Sword Art Online has apparently completely failed this. Not very surprising.

The episode starts off in the world of Gun Gale Online. There was this arrogant son of a gun talking about some boring topic I can't even remember. After a lot of bragging, a figure wearing a black cloak stands up and shoots the person with his Death Gun (Pronounced as Desu Gan). He shoots the guy, killing him. No surprise there.

Next scene, we see a boring Asuna talking about a boring subject while waiting for our ever-amazing protagonist Kirito *slow clapping*. They then proceed to talk about the same boring topic in the emperor's garden. The scene then switches to some guy (whose name I can't remember) who wants to speak with Kirito. This is the one of the two most boring parts (there are no fun parts anyway >.>). He details the murder and talks about how it was impossible. Wrong move. That stuff should stay in mystery stories. Sword Art Online isn't a mystery story, it's a story about Kirito and his perverted sword swinging adventures with Asuna, not about some murder. This was the part where I opened up the chess program. When the talking ceased, I placed my phone down and looked back to find Gun Gale once more. This time, Shino was there, aiming a rifle at some random gunman. She fires, and that's the end of it. Then there's the opening sequence.

Indeed, the first episode was quite boring. If I wasn't determined to criticise this show to hell, I would have stopped at the ten-minute mark, knowing how idiotic Sword Art Online is going to be. I pulled up my chess program again. Hooray. Checkmate. I lost.

I'm actually quite impressed by the author of SAO, Reki Kawahara-kun. He wrote something so completely idiotic, but made a huge profit out of it. You're perhaps the greatest conman in existence. Cheers.

text

meh i read the novels so yea all it does it grant extra stuff.

still they leave out lots of things example when kirito and asuna are talking they are referring to a conversation that happended before in dicey cafe(agil's cafe in the real world).

so to really enjoy this anime which skips stuff you need to have read the novels.

which no one is gonna do since most anime fans are people that think reading is dumb and boring and such.