Greetings and salutations

Rose

Hello!

I'm a newcomer to this world of visual novels and decided to introduce myself here since I've been downloading and looking for feedback on novels here. Before anything else, it's nice to meet you all!

A bit about myself:

I'm a brazilian cram school student, currently trying to get into a psychology university. I started reading visual novels somewhere around the middle of march, my first one being Katawa Shoujo due to a friend suggestion and I fell in love with this kind of game, after that, I decided to look for more novels and found Fuwanovel. I've been here for a few weeks but only now I decided to make an account, the community seemed really friendly so I thought that it was worth a shot being part of it, and so... Here I am.

I have my VNDB and MAL up so you guys can go and check it up if you feel like it, I'll do some small lists of favorites to make things easier for those not really interested in checking everything.

Some of my favorite animes:

Code Geass - One of the best animes I've ever watched, has pretty much a little bit of everything, feels, nice battles, plot, romance, etc. I tried reading some of the mangas but I don't really feel like it'll add that much.

Angel Beats! - Definetly one worth watching, feels everywhere and it's really funny. I plan to read the light novel that's a prequel to the anime itself, also: #VisualNovelHype.

Toradora - I don't claim to have watched nor read that many romance oriented stuff, but toradora is the best as far as teenage relationships go IMO.

Some of my favorite mangas:

Berserk - Simply the greatest masterpiece I've ever seen. If you haven't yet read it, just do it, maybe it's not your style (Lots of gore, deep psychologycal thoughts and even religious critics) but I don't think anyone can read all the chapters and call it bad.

Konjiki no Gash Bell! - I feel like Gash Bell is really underrated due to the anime version ending in a different way (Well, 100% different) than the manga version. It may seem really childish but it'll make you feel sad to the point of crying (or not) so many times, the plot is actually pretty good and the fights are awesome.

Groove Rave Adventure/Rave Master - Usually, the successor is made to be better than the predecessor, getting rid of all the flaws and improving what was already good if possible, however, it didn't happened with Fairy Tail. Rave Master has less chapters but got more and better plot than Fairy Tail will probably have in the next 200 ones.

Some of my favorite games:

Dota 2 - Easily the game I have the most hours played in my entire life, somewhere around 3000. 

Catherine - I'd recommend it if you're a fan of puzzles, otherwise, nope. The plot is good but if you dislike the gameplay, you won't enjoy it. 

Asura's Wrath - It's really good but honestly, I could have only watched the cutscenes because, despite being good, the gameplay is not the best part of the game itself.

Metal Gear Series - My favorite video-game series, it's really close to Berserk but still a bit behind, it could possibly be different once the new game is out.

Some of my favorite characters:

Guts - Berserk protagonist, he'll bring you feels while being brutal and teaching you lessons for life and much more.

Griffith - Berserk main antagonist, he's the epitome of love or hate, I don't think I've ever seen anyone being neutral to him.

Kazami Yuuji - Grisaia series protagonist, he's funny, he's sarcastic, he's even a male tsundere.

Asura - Asura's Wrath protagonist, he's pretty much a weaker version of Guts but he's still unique and awesome in his own way.

Miyamoto Musashi/Shinmen Takezo - Vagabond protagonist, he's one of those characters that start being interesting and getting your attention to the manga and then he proceeds to go through so many changes, passing through so much stuff and getting you to love him more and more.

Lelouch Vi Britannia - Code Geass protagonist, he's another one of those characters that despite deserving to be hated, he'll still find a way to make you like him.

My favorite novels: (So far I've only read five so it's kinda pointless to do a list but I'm doing it for the sake of... Doing it?...)

Saya no Uta - When it comes to the plot, the quality of SnU is the best one for me so far. I also like gore so it helped me enjoy it, but this shit is completely messed up.

Cross Channel - I really hate when people try to play with time, but it went okay in Cross Channel. Everything is pretty messed up but not as much as SnU.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - My favorite novel, I'll admit that the plot from Cross Channel and SnU were better overall (I'm not including Meikyuu nor Rakuen when I say this) but I enjoyed the characters more. Sachi route is my favorite (I mean, how can someone not love her?) but Amane route is one of the best things ever, Angelic Howl to be more specific. I'm starting to learn Japanese this week, Grisaia being one of the reasons since I'm really hyped for the sequels and wanted to read them right away, unfortunetly Meikyuu will be delayed so I'll hope to be able to learn it in time for at least not have to wait the Rakeun translation.

The lists ended up being pretty big despite the fact that I said that they would be "small lists" but it's because I got carried away and wrote my thoughts about everything, wanting to explain everything is a bad habit of mine. Anyway, if you have any questions go ahead and ask, I'll be glad to answer anything you guys may wish to know. I'd also love some recommendations for novels since I still don't know that many, I'm quite familiar with some of the forum most active member so I'm pretty much sure I'll be recommended to read Clannad by a guy whose name I don't recall. Once again, it's nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the party! :D Have you thought of reading anything by Key?

Thanks! I've heard about Rewrite and Little Busters! and I'm also looking forward to the Angel Beats novel. I heard a lot about Clannad anime but never really tried it, might just go straight to the novel.

Welcome to the forums! I'm a bit new to visual novels myself and like many other people I would recommend stuff made by KEY (Clannad, Little Buster, Rewrite). You seem like that you may enjoy Fate/Stay Night as well.

Have an explosion!

112706_zps5745e4c2.jpg

Thank you! Key seems to be the most popular choice for starters, at least they recommend their visual novels a lot.

Welcome to the fuwa forums! :)

Code Geass, Toradora and Angel Beats were anime that I enjoyed as well, we probably share the same taste in anime!^^

I recommend as well Key stuff, but if you enjoy Sci-fi and Mystery, the ; science series is pretty good! (Chaos;Head is nice to read, and Steins;Gate is just awesome!)

Welcome to the forums

Enjoy your stay.

And read Clannad !

As for mangas I'd recommand claymore !

I knew the guy who always suggests Clannad would appear, haha. Thanks!

I've already read Claymore, currently waiting for the new chapter.

Also, thanks for the welcomes everyone!

oh Angel Beats one of my favorites too, nice.

Welcome to Fuwa, enjoy your stay.

Thaks!

Welcome!

Thank you! Also, let me ask one thing. I know you and Mephisto are streamming Cocoro@Function and you mentioned something about doing the same for Meikyuu next on a thread about it, will it really happen or is it a bad idea just like Mephisto said?

Thaks!

Thank you! Also, let me ask one thing. I know you and Mephisto are streamming Cocoro@Function and you mentioned something about doing the same for Meikyuu next on a thread about it, will it really happen or is it a bad idea just like Mephisto said?

Mephisto is currently reading it, and I don't see why it isn't possible once he has read through the main arc. It's just a matter of convincing him to do it. If we did read through it it would only be the main route of the game and none of the after-stories. Also, keep in mind the quality of our live TL will not be near what it is in koestl's actual translation. Nonetheless, we get the point of the game across and we do summarize as we go.

For now, I'd say it's certainly possible, but let's wait and see!