Hikoboshi

If you ask me,

Common route: 9.5/10

Asuho: 8.5/10

Aoi: 4/10

Komomo: 8.5/10

Chinami: 5.5/10

Kosame: 8/10

True: FUCK THE TRUE END THIS MADE ME RAGE HARDER THAN MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE CHAPTER 7

Mare not rated because it's just lolicon fanservice.

Yes, i loved the common route, it's one of the best and most enjoyable common routes i've seen. But the endings are... disappointing. Very much so.

<incoming MASSIVE spoiler alert>

Asuho was my favourite character, but her route was marred by being seemingly contrived. It was a good story but to the end i couldn't help but get the feeling the whole i'm-not-good-enough-for-you (pun totally intended) thing was forced just for the drama, it seemed so artificial somehow. It wa still enjoyable though and no other complaints.

Aoi's route is ridiculous and i want to punch the writer. Her route can basically be summed up as You being an asshole and manipulating her social awkwardness and desire to stay by his side to do whatever he wants. Also that h-scene on the beach is wtf, in fact actually all the h-scenes are pretty bad. It's clearly fanservice-tier material that barely adds anything to the story and if anything makes it even more awkward, like having sex on the beach when they're not even that close yet.

Komomo's and Kosame's routes are good, solid story without glaring flaws. Kosame's route was too short to be good, and most of the stuff was already covered in Komomo's route. I wish they had done more to differentiate it rather than have it feel a bit like a version of Komomo's story where You gets together with Kosame. Also sex in the shrine trololol.

Chinami's route is a mess imo. There isn't really a clear focus at until quite a long way in. Also i very much prefer Chinami as the comic-relief annoying little sister, she just doesn't have the lovers chemistry with You like some of the others have. And the cliffhanger ending is also quite wtf. It's like they drew 2 stories on separate paths, then slowly bring you closer and closer to the intersection, then drop you off and say goodbye just before they meet. I actually went back to re-read because i couldn't believe that was the end and i thought i missed something. Also the translators were trolling with weird meme lines like 'you mad?'. This isn't all bad though, the 'Come at me bro' is an absolutely unforgettable epic line. But most of the time it just draws a 'lol wut' reaction. I don't include these in ratings because it's clearly translators trolling rather than a part of the actual story.

Ahh, the true end. The promised epic finale that lies at the end of the story, that unfortunately totally failed to deliver for me. It was all going well at first. Everything seemed nicely set up for an epic ending. Mare reaping You's memories of Yume brought tears to my eyes. Then wait what. why is his mother here? Why are we suddenly timelooped back? We have to replay everything? Why is almost everything the same anyway? It's like boom deus ex machina out of nowhere to ruin the mood and replace everything with OMGWTFBBQ. After that i just read through to the end and was like ok meh whatever.

I had some hopes for Mare's route being good because Mare is pretty cool, but after i saw the script counts i resigned to the inevitability that it would be not much more than fanservice. Doesn't really add to or detract from the overall experience for me.

I would say Hoshizora no Memoria gets my vote for most disappointing vn and most wasted potential. The starting was very well done, and even through the character routes the way the theme of 'starry sky' was woven into the story was well done. But the endings themselves failed to impress on the whole, and the debacle with the true end just killed it for me. Great story concept, excellent characters, nice graphics, good soundtrack, all brought down by failed execution.

So, in conclusion, my favourite route: The common route. :(

P.S. If anybody who hasn't played this yet reads this, i would like to say that i actually still recommend people to play it, despite all i have said. There is definitely potential there and it has an average of 8 or so on vndb and 85 on egs (ok no idea why vote disparity but whatever) suggesting a significant number of people found it enjoyable at least. I would not call it a must-play but if you have time give it a try, maybe you will be able to appreciate what i can't.

If you ask me,

True: FUCK THE TRUE END THIS MADE ME RAGE HARDER THAN MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE CHAPTER 7

Yes, i loved the common route, it's one of the best and most enjoyable common routes i've seen. But the endings are... disappointing. Very much so.

<incoming MASSIVE spoiler alert>

Asuho was my favorite character, but her route was marred by being seemingly contrived. It was a good story but to the end i couldn't help but get the feeling the whole i'm-not-good-enough-for-you (pun totally intended) thing was forced just for the drama, it seemed so artificial somehow. It was still enjoyable though and no other complaints.

Aoi's route is ridiculous and i want to punch the writer. Her route can basically be summed up as You being an asshole and manipulating her social awkwardness and desire to stay by his side to do whatever he wants. Also that h-scene on the beach is wtf, in fact actually all the h-scenes are pretty bad. It's clearly fanservice-tier material that barely adds anything to the story and if anything makes it even more awkward, like having sex on the beach when they're not even that close yet.

Komomo's and Kosame's routes are good, solid story without glaring flaws. Kosame's route was too short to be good, and most of the stuff was already covered in Komomo's route. I wish they had done more to differentiate it rather than have it feel a bit like a version of Komomo's story where You gets together with Kosame. Also sex in the shrine trololol.

Chinami's route is a mess imo. There isn't really a clear focus at until quite a long way in. Also i very much prefer Chinami as the comic-relief annoying little sister, she just doesn't have the lovers chemistry with You like some of the others have. And the cliffhanger ending is also quite wtf. It's like they drew 2 stories on separate paths, then slowly bring you closer and closer to the intersection, then drop you off and say goodbye just before they meet. I actually went back to re-read because i couldn't believe that was the end and i thought i missed something. Also the translators were trolling with weird meme lines like 'you mad?'. This isn't all bad though, the 'Come at me bro' is an absolutely unforgettable epic line. But most of the time it just draws a 'lol wut' reaction. I don't include these in ratings because it's clearly translators trolling rather than a part of the actual story.

Ahh, the true end. The promised epic finale that lies at the end of the story, that unfortunately totally failed to deliver for me. It was all going well at first. Everything seemed nicely set up for an epic ending. Mare reaping You's memories of Yume brought tears to my eyes. Then wait what. why is his mother here? Why are we suddenly timelooped back? We have to replay everything? Why is almost everything the same anyway? It's like boom deus ex machina out of nowhere to ruin the mood and replace everything with OMGWTFBBQ. After that i just read through to the end and was like ok meh whatever.

I had some hopes for Mare's route being good because Mare is pretty cool, but after i saw the script counts i resigned to the inevitability that it would be not much more than fanservice. Doesn't really add to or detract from the overall experience for me.

I would say Hoshizora no Memoria gets my vote for most disappointing vn and most wasted potential. The starting was very well done, and even through the character routes the way the theme of 'starry sky' was woven into the story was well done. But the endings themselves failed to impress on the whole, and the debacle with the true end just killed it for me. Great story concept, excellent characters, nice graphics, good soundtrack, all brought down by failed execution.

So, in conclusion, my favorite route: The common route. sad.gif

P.S. If anybody who hasn't played this yet reads this, i would like to say that i actually still recommend people to play it, despite all i have said. There is definitely potential there and it has an average of 8 or so on vndb and 85 on egs (ok no idea why vote disparity but whatever) suggesting a significant number of people found it enjoyable at least. I would not call it a must-play but if you have time give it a try, maybe you will be able to appreciate what i can't.

I loved every bit of this Visual Novel. I enjoyed all routes, my favorite being The Mysterious Girl route aka Yume. I rated this a 9 on vndb.

I finished this recently. I have to say that it was a hell of a lot better then i was expecting. I love it when that happens!!

Favorite Route? hmm....

Komomo!!

but I liked all the routes except Chinami. Imouto just isnt my thing. That and she was very annoying lol

I loved every bit of this Visual Novel. I enjoyed all routes, my favorite being The Mysterious Girl route aka Yume. I rated this a 10 on vndb.

No offence, but from your vndb profile almost everything else you rated was a 10 anyway.

I finished this recently. I have to say that it was a hell of a lot better then i was expecting. I love it when that happens!!

Favorite Route? hmm....

Komomo!!

but I liked all the routes except Chinami. Imouto just isnt my thing. That and she was very annoying lol

I actually would say Chinami is my 2nd favourite character in this VN. She pulls off the comic relief character role very well, i didn't find her annoying at all, i actually liked her popping up for the lulz. Her theme song is sooo unforgettable.

To both (and anyone else who has finished this):

I can't help but wonder how anyone can play through Aoi's route without wanting to punch You.

Well there's the whole h-scene affair on the beach, i really hated the h in this vn, a lot of it feels out of place and forced for fanservice and the beach was the worst imo. Putting that aside the whole broken telescope business was really just senseless. You could at least have been nicer to Aoi, but no for some reason he wanted her to feel bad about it all the way until the epic final reveal. It's like he's putting her through all that suffering just for fun. He could have told her about it earlier, or if he wanted it to be a surprise at least assure her Chinami doesn't hate her for it or something along those lines. Throughout that whole thing i felt so sad for Aoi. She has finally come out of her shell, accepted You as her boyfriend, and suddenly its like everything is falling apart and You is becoming more distant and she feels so lost. Yes it sets up an epic finale but it leaves a terrible aftertaste, she was put through so much avoidable pain.

I apologise to fans of this if i seem like a hater but i just feel full of sadness and disappointment when i think of this. I really want to like it because its one of the few (or perhaps the only) VNs where i seriously don't dislike any of the cast at all but every time i look at it the things i remember are the flaws in the story.

Your rating is pretty much almost the same for me, but I actually like that Yume girl thought.

It's true that I found Chinami annoying before , but can't help laugh over the comic character like her.

I also went kind of wtf when the timeloop came and what happend with reaping of You memories becuase he want to confess to her and we saw her mother. I was kind of clueless but I just oh well and go on with the story. Time slip and back replay.

I wasn't much for Mari route, You father still went on the lolicon path with Ren.

About Aoi route I feel kind of desperate by reading/hearing it and wonder what in the world are You doing.

I feel about crying when that happend, somehow I can understand that You don't want her to rely too much with him or what his sister Chinami want it to keep it secret.

It's felt like the one that made this one trying to enjoy this, if you think about this overall it's pretty close to your rating.

I know Aoi is really a nice girl.

If you ask me,

Who is my favorite routes?

Asuho - Hehe, she sure can be lovely so she is my number 1 favorite character and her route is good too.

Komomo - I love tsundere girl, that's enough to make her my 2nd favorite.

Kosame - Chop chop, I found her kind of interesting.

Well I actually found Yume being good whatever.

well I loved Mare route even if it was little short (I was waiting for that moment the whole time while I was reading the rest xD).

I preferred that end over Yume ending, even though that one was good too.

Asuho route for me was weaker but still very enjoyable, however probably worst from them all for me.

When I went for Isuzu route, I didn't expect much as I wanted to do it just to unlock Chinami, however I was pleasantly surprised and I liked it, especially those parts with Chinami in it.

I loved Chinami route, it was so funny and romantic at the same time, h-scenes there were probably the best in game for me.

Mokoko route was awesome story wise, I liked her character from the beginning and the story in that route was just awesome, probably best story, Kosame mostly expanded on that story so it was very enjoyable as well, however I didn't like her character much.

And like mentioned, I really liked Yume route because it was the true resolution of the story and it was about mare a lot too and Mare was the most interesting character for me (and the most attractive :P). And when the ending song started playing and I finally heard it and understood what was the arrange music of this, it was so awesome (I am actually very careful about spoilers so I don't even download soundtrack before I finish and I just use the music I had unlocked and this one last song wasn't unlocked to the last moment and that moment was priceless).

And then I received that present from Mare :) And it also had the best quote from any visual novel I've read so far.

"The girl I fell in love with just happened to be a little girl."

So with that:

Common 10

Asuho 8

Isuzu 9

Chinami 10

Mokoko 10

Kosame 9

Yume 10

Mare 10

And average makes 9.5 and that is my vote for the VN as a whole on vndb.

oh btw funny scene I put on youtube:

• 1 month later...

One of my favourite VNs I've played: The story is good, each heroine's route is quite in depth (except maybe Mare's [fanservice route])

Like most others, my most favourite route is Yume's! Such a touching story..

Second would be Kosame's.. Her chopping moments were good, but her story in her route is even better.. This goes hand in hand with Komomo's route (it would be a spoiler if I say any more :X)

Thirdly, as I mentioned earlier, Komomo! Her tsuns and 'Kogayou' are simply memorable, and her route... Needless to say.. (see my second point)

After that would be Chinami.. Whenever I think of Chinami, her catchy (and supposedly annoying) theme music comes to mind.. Also, her 'Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Onii-chan!'... Her route gives us a greater detail of the family situation within the kogasaka household as well as Chinami's past..

Next, Asuho. Always cheerful, always bright, she is the moodmaker of the group (as well as the leader of the Tenkuru). Her obsession with the stars also gives me an slightly better understanding of astronomy.. Although her route is not so touching as compared to the others above, it is still worth it to understand her better :)

Finally, Aoi.. Another one with an obsession with the stars, only in a different form.. (Anything more is a spoiler)

Her route seems to bring out the bad side of Kogasaka, and while some people may hate her route, I still find it quite ok..

TL;DR: Here's my favourite route in descending order: Yume, Kosame, Komomo, Chinami, Asuho, Aoi (And yeah, I do agree that Mare's route is loli fanservice, although I still enjoyed it :D)

Now that I've written this much, it feels nostalgic to remember the routes again one by one.. I hope somebody would pick up on translating the fandisk soon, it feels kind of slow for me at the moment to play it with ITH/TA which I hate a lot :(

I still remember Yume's Route to this day because in my own opinion it was the best route I cried the most at

the part where Mare asks You to reap her so Yume can live (because its Mare that is causing Yume to be sick to begin with) and later end up giving birth to Mare as their daughter (several years pass after You reaps Mare before you see Mare as a child and not what she was).

again that is just my own opinion.

I still remember Yume's Route to this day because in my own opinion it was the best route I cried the most at

the part where Mare asks You to reap her so Yume can live (because its Mare that is causing Yume to be sick to begin with) and later end up giving birth to Mare as their daughter (several years pass after You reaps Mare before you see Mare as a child and not what she was).

again that is just my own opinion.

Yeap that is a really touching moment.. How nostalgic, after seeing this it makes me feel like wanting to replay Hoshimemo again :)

Yeap that is a really touching moment.. How nostalgic, after seeing this it makes me feel like wanting to replay Hoshimemo again smile.gif

thats why I always take memo saves (although for some reason hoshimemo doesnt have memo line sad.gif ) - I have my favorite moments saved xD Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Also just listening to the music brings back memories xD

[these songs are unlocked pretty early in the game so dont worry about music spoiler]

and ofc the ED songs xD but well i wont spoil those smile.gif

(OP is so great as well)

oh btw for people who finished, this is so awesome video: http://www.nicovideo...watch/sm6611208

awesome song combined with the SD graphics you cant display otherwise (without ripping the game)

brings back so much memories..