Cereal or Milk. Which goes first?

Nosebleed

31 members have voted

1. 1. When preparing cereal, which do you pour first into the bowl?

• Cereal
    • Milk

This poll is closed to new votes

So I wake up today at 3:30pm and lazily drag my half asleep body into the kitchen to prepare some cereal. Because I couldn't be assed to make anything else and I wasn't hungry enough for a full course meal either.

And as I was pouring the cereal into the bowl and then the milk I thought about how many times I also do it the other way around. So I wanted to ask the people of fuwa the following:

When you're preparing a bowl of cereal, do you pour the milk first and then the cereal or do you do it the other way around?

After some research, supposedly, the correct way is cereal first, but I admit to doing it the opposite way more than 70% of times. What about you?

Don't forget this poll is for science!

Cereal first, obviously. You always seem to be such a klutz when it comes to stuff like this :P

I swear I have been doing milk first ever since i learned how to prepare my own cereal as a child.

I only learned there was another way around some years back.

In theory there really isn't much difference. I just find it intriguing.

bum slapper i think they mean boxed dry cereal like coco puffs not oatmeal or wheat ceral

i always go cereal first except when i was single then it was beer or vodka first then cereal , i preferd it that way so the cereal didnt get a chance to soak up my eye opener

bum slapper i think they mean boxed dry cereal like coco puffs not oatmeal or wheat ceral

i always go cereal first except when i was single then it was beer or vodka first then cereal , i preferd it that way so the cereal didnt get a chance to soak up my eye opener

That sounds like it would wake up the dead.. I can't even drink vodka without making a funny face, I don't want to imagine doing it first thing in the morning.

It seems the majority always goes cereal first though. Well that was to be expected in a way.

I always do cereal first but I don't know why. I would say it's to prevent splashing from the milk or something like that but that's just reasons I'm thinking up of now. The truth is that putting cereal in first is something that just comes naturally. That or there is a huge conspiracy that I am unaware of.

I don't know.

Theoretically I think it's the same. When you put cereal first you'll waste less milk though.

But I like drinking the milk more than eating the cereal so I prefer putting the milk first.

Also I like heating the milk often during winter and so I put the milk first for the purpose of heating it and then pour the cereal after, or else the cereal would get all mushy in the microwave.

That sounds like it would wake up the dead.. I can't even drink vodka without making a funny face, I don't want to imagine doing it first thing in the morning.

It seems the majority always goes cereal first though. Well that was to be expected in a way.

that was morning ritual the rest the day i drank everclear

Guest hairybumslapper

The type of cereal is irrelevant. I would still add hot water to it regardless.

I use to all ways put in my cereal then the milk, but when I was around 12 I started doing milk then cereal, ever since then I think I stopped caring and did it either way whenever I felt like doing it differently. I would totally open a box of cereal and pour the milk in it, and thinking about it cutting open the milk carton and pour the cereal inside of it would be an interesting thing to do. Krill the vodka and cereal thing sounds like something the Russians would do. No offense to anyone whose Russian.

maybe i just needed a drink before getting ready for work and a cup worth of vodka did the trick plus i always had a few half gallon bottles of the cheap charcoal filter vodkas sitting in my fridge anyway but never any milk now that i think about it, good thing my drunk ass dident get killed on the job my foreman woulda been pissed