Hello forums!

ServeTheServant

Hey everyone, figured I'd post a hello since I decided to stop lurking.

I've only recently gotten into visual novels, but I'm loving them so far!  In the last month or two, I've just been binging on them in most of my free time, and would like to start dropping by here to discuss them now and again (seeing as IRL friends aren't exactly into VNs, or even anime/manga).

What I've read so far:
http://vndb.org/u63486/

Thanks all!  I really appreciate all the recommendations.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

You should read Steins;Gate and something from Key, like Clannad or Little Busters. :)

I'm super interested in reading Steins;Gate, but do you think it would be worth waiting for the official JAST release coming out next month?  I've loved fan translations of VNs so far, but how do they compare to official translations (don't have any experience with that comparison at all)

Clannad is probably next for me!

Thanks for the recommendations!  I'm super interested in reading Steins;Gate, but do you think it would be worth waiting for the official JAST release coming out next month?  I've loved fan translations of VNs so far, but how do they compare to official translations (don't have any experience with that comparison at all)

Clannad is probably next for me!

I don't remember there being too many problems with the S;G translation, although I think the tips or something were untranslated... But you might as well wait and play Clannad in the meanwhile. :D

Welcome to fuwa!~~

I'm super interested in reading Steins;Gate, but do you think it would be worth waiting for the official JAST release coming out next month?  I've loved fan translations of VNs so far, but how do they compare to official translations (don't have any experience with that comparison at all)

Well depends if it does come out when they say it will. JAST who is giving out the game is not known for their reliability. Also we have to idea how much better the offical translation edited is because noone has looked at it xD. The first patch is totally readable, depends if you really want to wait or not I guess. Many other VN's to read :D

I don't remember there being too many problems with the S;G translation, although I think the tips or something were untranslated... But you might as well wait and play Clannad in the meanwhile. :D

Welcome to fuwa!~~

Well depends if it does come out when they say it will. JAST who is giving out the game is not known for their reliability. Also we have to idea how much better the offical translation edited is because noone has looked at it xD. The first patch is totally readable, depends if you really want to wait or not I guess. Many other VN's to read :D

Makes sense, thanks guys.  I'll play a few other VNs in the meantime, and I guess I'll see what everyone else thinks of the official release's quality when it comes out (whether it's actually next month or an indeterminate time in the far future  :)).

Welcome to fuwanovel~

Well yeah, visual novels is quite undiscussed in the 3D world. That's why we have fuwanovel!

However I have some real life friends into anime/manga and so, I hope to introduce some of them to VNs but it's quite hard. 

Enjoy your stay!