Sword Art Online Season 2 Confirmed!

Okami

http://myanimelist.net/anime/21881/Sword_Art_Online_II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=erbpWiSdcf8

I just found out about this and I just have to spread the news.

Also Sword Art Online: Extra Edition special long as a movie that is Prequel for a second season is out and subbed

http://myanimelist.net/anime/20021/Sword_Art_Online:_Extra_Edition

I don't know about you but for me this is a best new years present that I ever got in my life!!!

If that's true

That's going to be very interesting.

I hope it will be as good as the first part of the first season. :)

Looking forward to this

oh its true alright its been confirmed by anime news network, my anime list and is featured on the series web site .

also extra edition was essentially a long ass recap episode of the entire first season as well as new material showing a dungeon in alo as well as the interview by the government agent handling the virtual division was the setu up for the gun gale online arc covered by the volumes five and six of the light novels fantastic reads by the way ,

im all caught up on the novels having recently finished volume 13 

Sweet!  One of my friends who doesn't watch a lot of anime loves SAO and has been asking me about the second season since forever, he'll also be glad to hear this!  It's true that the show has some flaws, especialy in the second half, but it's stil an decent action adventure show and I'm glad if it helped get some of my friends a little more into anime.

Sweet!  One of my friends who doesn't watch a lot of anime loves SAO and has been asking me about the second season since forever, he'll also be glad to hear this!  It's true that the show has some flaws, especialy in the second half, but it's stil an decent action adventure show and I'm glad if it helped get some of my friends a little more into anime.

the problem with the second half of first season was the pacing imho. they took 2 books and tried to cram them in to like 10 episodes it was a bad idea they should have just added more short story filler eps or possibly a original aincrad arc to season one , did fairy dance as season two and then moved on to phantom bullet for a third season . pacing is key in reki senseis books.

the problem with the second half of first season was the pacing imho. they took 2 books and tried to cram them in to like 10 episodes it was a bad idea they should have just added more short story filler eps or possibly a original aincrad arc to season one , did fairy dance as season two and then moved on to phantom bullet for a third season . pacing is key in reki senseis books.

Anime followed a LN precisely so they couldn't do it any differently, and I don't really see anything bad in it as I think that Anime is perfect just the way it is as mein focus of a story are strong feelings/drama/romance and not action itself. And it is a reason that I love it so much as nothing else can give me suck strong feelings nothing else can make me so alive than when I am watching SAO. Or in Kirito's words "In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. And even though it's a virtual world, I feel more alive in here than I ever did in the real one."

acthualy if i remeber corectly they dident follow  the ln perfectly the order of events in aincrad were off some what from them incorporating the short storys from the second volume as well as some from material edition . i get what your saying though too much filler would have been bad but the timing in the second half felt realy rushed like they dident have the right amount of eps to truely cover the material in fairy dance as it was intended . but every one has there own oppinion.