Fallout Giveaway

Stanleys

For anyone who is interested the website GOG.com is giving away free copies of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for the next 10 hours. I know this is short notice but I just found out myself. To my understanding, this website will no longer bu supplying these games so they plan to give out as many copies as they can. Anyone can signup for free on the website and download the games.

All you have to do is create an account, search for fallout in the search bar and add it to your cart. After you finish the purchase, it is not required for you to install just yet. As long as they stay in your game library you can download them whenever you like. All games seem to be optimized for Windows 7 be rid of compatibility issues. Unfortunately they are only available in English however.

Nice find, although I have all these games on the original CDs :)

Anyone who hasn't played these games yet (especially Fallout 1 and Fallout 2) should try it. Tactics is alright too :)

Maybe its nostalgia striking me again as I didn't re-play them in more than 10 years (I try not to re-play older games I loved so I don't ruin the good memories) but these games brought me hundreds upon hundreds of hours of great entertainment.

I once tried to play fallout on original cds, but I couldn't get very far due to some compability issues...

I couldn't play fallout 2 in this pc either, but there's a program that let's you run old games like this. I don't remember it's name, but it had to do with the processor speed (the program makes the game run as a high recurses game, or something like that, I don't really remember xDD)

I already got them, as I love the Fallout series *U*

• 1 year later...

I couldn't play fallout 2 in this pc either, but there's a program that let's you run old games like this. 

Might I suggest this fan patch called The Fallout 2 Restoration Project. Not only did it make the game playable for my pc, but it also buffed out some bugs and even adds some of the cut content from the vanilla. So if you're still interested in playing FO2, then I would highly recommend trying this patch out. 

http://www.killap.net/

Might I suggest this fan patch called The Fallout 2 Restoration Project. Not only did it make the game playable for my pc, but it also buffed out some bugs and even adds some of the cut content from the vanilla. So if you're still interested in playing FO2, then I would highly recommend trying this patch out. 

http://www.killap.net/

You do realize this thread is from 1 year ago right...?