Secret Game series translation by Lemnisca

Honestly, I can't understand just this one thing. For some reason some people believe they're entitled to get fan translated games. Get them translated as they like and not those who translate it. This is very strange.

This implies that I am not to complaint. If that is not so then I apologies and I guess all is cool.

• 9 months later...

Hey,

I apologise I wasnt sure whether to start a new thread, but apparently Lemnisca have decided to translate the H/sex scenes in Killer Queen after all (previously they said they wouldnt).

http://lemniscatranslations.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/killer-queen-update/

I'm fine with this either way, its good we're getting a choice IMO, I dont always think H scenes add very much to a story (only seen small bits in Kara no Shoujo though).

I'm surprised and of course wondering as to why it's needed (did they suddenly find something plot-relevant in one of the h-scenes?), but I'm not displeased by this turn of events. It's the best of both worlds (perhaps for all but the people actually working on the thing.)

I don't think it's because they didnt want to upset the fans, it would actually be the opposite, since they are known for translating VNs without erotic content they could upset their fans? idk.. It probably has something to do with their view or rather authorities view on legality of it. Like they said, they're "willing to take the risk".

Personally I just take what I get to be honest, and enjoy the version they make for me, trusting them for doing a good job (like they've been doing in the past). If I really wanted to read the original content so badly, I'd wait a bit and read it in Japanese. Getting the choice though, I'd go for the one that's closest to the original of course, which is in this case the uncensored version.

• 1 month later...

~Soon!~ 

Hmm well, Secret Game: Killer Queen is a remake of the Killer Queen they're going to release a patch for now, but they decided to translate both Killer Queen and its remake because they thought "some content exclusive to Killer Queen is worth playing" and because "there are some subtle references to the original in Secret Game: Killer Queen." It sounds like they either added a lot of new material to the remake, or they just made a completely different story.. I'm not really sure either. I'm planning to read both anyway so we'll see, I've been looking forward to this release!  ^_^

It sounds like you didn't follow the download instructions.

http://lemniscatranslations.wordpress.com/killer-queen/

"Note that the files MUST go into a subfolder, and must NOT go into the main Killer Queen folder. This means that you must NOT replace the original files with the ones with the same names in the “KillerQueen-en.zip”. If you do this by mistake, then you will get no music/images/sound, only text, and will be forced to reinstall the game all over again."

Doh! My mistake :(

I'll try and do it again.... does that mean I have to make a new folder before extracting the files? :s

Didnt work, I'll try again, I just dont get it.

How do I create a new 'subfolder' myself? It lets me create a new folder but not subfolder.

Do I include all the Reprint patch stuff in the new folder too?

Hey, I just got mine started. I haven't started yet, but I'm a little bit excited knowing that I'm not alone in this. After a year or so, we've finally gotten a chance to play it. Hopefully this visual novel leaves a good imprint on us. Maybe later we can start up a topic and rant about our feels. ^^

Well, I hate to break it to you but.... it's not great. It's like a prelude to the main show, Secret Game. Killer Queen is known for being kind of lackluster and isn't even strictly necessary to the plot since Secret Game is a remake, but they wanted to translated it first anyways.

Well, I hate to break it to you but.... it's not great. It's like a prelude to the main show, Secret Game. Killer Queen is known for being kind of lackluster and isn't even strictly necessary to the plot since Secret Game is a remake, but they wanted to translated it first anyways.