Sign in to follow this  
Corrupted

VNs with good fan-hype content?

Not sure what to call this (memes?). I love when a work has a large following of quality fan created content that really gives you some aftercare after finishing the game. 

My prime example is stuff like this video for DDLC:

Spoiler

It increases my enjoyment of that game because this exists, and I can always go back and listen to it to feel some of those feels I felt the first time I played the game, again.

Another example would be Undertale; not a VN, but a game with tons and tons of awesome fan created content that helps you get some closure after playing it and you can use to just celebrate the existence of the game in general.

I'm sure plenty of anime have lots of content like this since they're seen and enjoyed by more people than VNs in general. Are there any VNs that come to mind that have the right kind of popularity to inspire people to create lots of enjoyable content? I'm currently reading through the Fate series and I have a feeling that's gonna be one, but of course I don't dare google it ahead of time for real of spoilers.

Thank you ~

On 1/17/2019 at 9:00 PM, Silvz said:

> then talks about DDLC

I usually tend to avoid things that are overhyped

My inner hipster tries to rebel and avoid things that are really popular. But I've learned my lesson...they're almost always overly popular for a reason. Now I just want to get carried away in the hype.