Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Guest Unavailable
Da Capo 1/2

Canvas 2

Edelweiss

Da Capo 1 & 2 are in my top 5 VN's I've played, and 2 of my highest rated on VNDB (8 & 9, respectively). Play them in order. The 2nd is better, but the first is definitely no slouch and worth the time to read through.

Canvas 2 was great. I am surprised it doesn't get mentioned as often.

Edelweiss is very good. I've never seen a VN that described love (and the way the mind works while in love) as well as this one. A lot of the story doesn't make any sense and it feels like it was pulled out of someone's ass (the alchemy aspects/rules/procedures were made up on the fly, it seems, and vary story to story). The 3 male sidekicks are annoying as all hell. But, it's still worth a go

... Anyway, the original Mangagamer translation is Engrish. It is really, really bad. The story goes that Mangagamer got the original translation from the publisher and they didn't do it themselves. Mangagamer went back and re-translated it (You can find this called Edelweiss 2.0) but I was never able to find a copy of it. I was done with 3 routes before I even figured out there was a better version. But all the links were dead. Maybe you'll have better luck. I still thought it was good enough to finish all the routes in Engrish.

the only reason I even considered reading the novel at all was because I am desperately starved for VN's. On that note, can anyone recommend a good Moege (18+ only please. if there's no ero, it feels like we're not really seeing the relationship blossom to what it could be.) I'm pretty sure I've read everything that's been translated but then again, the internet is a big place. Partial translations are fine as long as at least one whole route has been translated.

Off the top of my head, the VN's I've read are as follows (the following is an incomplete list):

Deardrops

Fate/Stay Night (took my VN virginity)

Clannad (why no sex?? TT^TT)

Ikikoi (so good)

My girlfriend is the president

Boob Wars 2

Fortune Arterial

Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Majikoi (Miyako.... i want your route so bad)

Koi Iro Lips Chu

Dracu-Riot

Daibanchou -Big Bang Age-

Grisiai no Kajitsu

Wanko to Kurasou

Yukizakura

Shuffle

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

Princess Waltz

Little Busters

G-Senjou no Maou

Comyu

Dengeki Stryker

Yumina the Ethereal

Muv Luv

Tsukihime (very good, especially considering its age)

I'm definitely missing some but that should give you a general idea. If you know of a good one I've missed please suggest it, there's a chance I might not have played it, in which case i will love you forever

Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete, AKA konosora. The translation is shaky at times, but other than that this is one of the best VN's I've ever played.

Canvas 2 was great. I am surprised it doesn't get mentioned as often.

Edelweiss is very good. I've never seen a VN that described love (and the way the mind works while in love) as well as this one. A lot of the story doesn't make any sense and it feels like it was pulled out of someone's ass (the alchemy aspects/rules/procedures were made up on the fly, it seems, and vary story to story). The 3 male sidekicks are annoying as all hell. But, it's still worth a go

... Anyway, the original Mangagamer translation is Engrish. It is really, really bad. The story goes that Mangagamer got the original translation from the publisher and they didn't do it themselves. Mangagamer went back and re-translated it (You can find this called Edelweiss 2.0) but I was never able to find a copy of it. I was done with 3 routes before I even figured out there was a better version. But all the links were dead. Maybe you'll have better luck. I still thought it was good enough to finish all the routes in Engrish.

I know rite...

Canvas is a hidden gem. For some reason, i love Saya's n Tomo's route.

Edelweiss fantasia

Duel savior

Cho dengeki.

Guest Unavailable

Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete, AKA konosora. The translation is shaky at times, but other than that this is one of the best VN's I've ever played.

If My Heart Had Wings (Konosora) got a 7 from me on IMDB. I remember it being a pretty solid read. I think it was one of my first 5 VNs I read, so my standards weren't very high at the time. I don't remember the translation posing any problems. Though I do remember some of the aeronautical explanations dragging on a bit. But hey ... I mean ... twins ... c'mon. I can sit through class a few times if it'll get me twins.

If My Heart Had Wings (Konosora) got a 7 from me on IMDB. I remember it being a pretty solid read. I think it was one of my first 5 VNs I read, so my standards weren't very high at the time. I don't remember the translation posing any problems. Though I do remember some of the aeronautical explanations dragging on a bit. But hey ... I mean ... twins ... c'mon. I can sit through class a few times if it'll get me twins.

...IMDb?

Readin the twins route n osananajimi route was a big chore. 

Amane n Kotori was enjoyable. For some peps the Aeronautical may pretty boring,not for me though.

Gave it 7 cuz of Amane n Kotori's cuteness....

No matter what I hear about School Days it's always a bad review. Almost like it has no redeeming qualities, and because of that I haven't even bothered to watch the anime, least of all read the VN.

And true it is, my friend. The MC is awful in every possible level of existence. He's so incredibly retarded that some people even think that the anime might be a satire of the typical harem animes, criticizing them.

the only reason I even considered reading the novel at all was because I am desperately starved for VN's. On that note, can anyone recommend a good Moege (18+ only please. if there's no ero, it feels like we're not really seeing the relationship blossom to what it could be.) I'm pretty sure I've read everything that's been translated but then again, the internet is a big place. Partial translations are fine as long as at least one whole route has been translated.

Off the top of my head, the VN's I've read are as follows (the following is an incomplete list):

Deardrops

Fate/Stay Night (took my VN virginity)

Clannad (why no sex?? TT^TT)

Ikikoi (so good)

My girlfriend is the president

Boob Wars 2

Fortune Arterial

Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Majikoi (Miyako.... i want your route so bad)

Koi Iro Lips Chu

Dracu-Riot

Daibanchou -Big Bang Age-

Grisiai no Kajitsu

Wanko to Kurasou

Yukizakura

Shuffle

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

Princess Waltz

Little Busters

G-Senjou no Maou

Comyu

Dengeki Stryker

Yumina the Ethereal

Muv Luv

Tsukihime (very good, especially considering its age)

I'm definitely missing some but that should give you a general idea. If you know of a good one I've missed please suggest it, there's a chance I might not have played it, in which case i will love you forever

Edelweiss and Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia are really fun and entertaining o:

One of my first VNs, and so worth it the time.

Guest Unavailable

Edelweiss fantasia

That was a damn shame what they did to Rin's route. The girl everyone wanted to have from the original Edelweiss, and they turned it into some weird puppet show with a 3rd wheel that detracted from an evolving romance. The entire arc was silly and they should have taken it more seriously.

huhuhu ... need more coffee. VNDB.

Anyway, you must be one of Yamato's classmates.

I didn't know he knew such a cute girl~ Should I ask you out?  :D

And true it is, my friend. The MC is awful in every possible level of existence. He's so incredibly retarded that some people even think that the anime might be a satire of the typical harem animes, criticizing them.

There goes my desire to play the damn thing.

That was a damn shame what they did to Rin's route. The girl everyone wanted to have from the original Edelweiss, and they turned it into some weird puppet show with a 3rd wheel that detracted from an evolving romance. The entire arc was silly and they should have taken it more seriously.

Agree!!!! Well...i'm not a fan of fantasia anyway(mostly cuz of tht), prefer Edelweiss cuz of Mizuki~~~~~~

Guest Unavailable
Guest Unavailable

Gimai lol...you recommend tht lol...

Haha, I was aiming for variety. You rape your step-sister in the first 10 minutes, incest with multiple family members, extreme domination and humiliation, and home made meals. It's got it all! LOL

Guys, I found which VN I wanna play next:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgtA2msb6Rk

LOLOLOL

of all awesomeness of Fate Zero they are doing VN for thet gay Waver-kun ! ?

That is jsut cruel

Adding my recomendation fo VN

School Days HD - hell yeah - this VN sure is driffrent but that only makes it must play for all VN readers - it is not a perfect love story ;] but it good read anyway !

Kana Litttle Sister - old but great nevertheless !

Demonbane - one of the better comedy VN in english ! (the H-scenes have hilarious proportions tho ;p )

Sharin no Kuni - nice VN

Saya no Uta - weird and disturbing - but still great VN !

Family Project - Kazoku Keikai - good old school VN

Harem Party - another Fantasy Eroge VN

try them all !

Guest Unavailable

You sure Gimai is moege? xDDDD

I don't think Shukketsubo is either. Just something different. But like Gimai, it still follows the choose-your-adventure structure so the same concept of a pick-a-girl that is sort of a core of moege is intact.

I know I started out with basic moege and then branched out into more fetish-like things that sparked my interest. After 50 or so of the same boy-chooses-girl-lives-happily-ever-after VN's, you start to crave something different.

Guest Unavailable

Does it have anal and/or yuri?

Yes. It's a short VN. It's been a long time since I read it, but I think the only 2 routes were the stepsister and stepmother. But they get together in a 3-some at some point.

I don't think Shukketsubo is either. Just something different. But like Gimai, it still follows the choose-your-adventure structure so the same concept of a pick-a-girl that is sort of a core of moege is intact.

I know I started out with basic moege and then branched out into more fetish-like things that sparked my interest. After 50 or so of the same boy-chooses-girl-lives-happily-ever-after VN's, you start to crave something different.

I know, I said that cuz tankhedgehog asked for moeges.

Guest Unavailable

I know, I said that cuz tankhedgehog asked for moeges.

I don't think I've ever come across a technical definition of moege. I just tried to google it and it wasn't a big help. What is a moege to you?

Guest Unavailable

I don't think I've ever come across a technical definition of moege. I just tried to google it and it wasn't a big help. What is a moege to you?

Ah, I found a deleted tag on VNDB

This tag is used for games that mostly focus on its characters moe or cutesy charm, rather than anything else.

A moege (short for moe-game) usually have very characteristic style of drawing with vivid colors and cheerful, childlike heroines with big eyes.

Popular examples of moege are Da Capo, which Circus describing it as a "ticklish school romance adventure" (from Wikipedia) and Shuffle.

Do not mix with nakige where the game turns into a serious drama at some point of the story.

Deleted after a lengthy discussion about it