• Video Games
    • Plays
    • Visual Novels
    • Music
    • Poetry
    • Comics/Manga/Graphic Novels
    • Interprative Dancing

This poll is closed to new votes

So, I don't think has been done exactly this way; so I've decided to make poll for it.

I'd like you all to make your choice based on what you think does best in telling a story. What is most powerful to an audience? What, to you, is most effective in conveying action, thought, emotion? And lastly, but of course not leastly, what version of the same story would you most enjoy? Is there a story that you'd have told in another art form if possible?

Let me know.

I'll have to give my vote solely to books: there's just no conceivable limit to one's imagination or the ability of the English language to guide it, and there never will be. How often do we hear people complain about lack of diversity in books? What's more, such devices as are used in poetry & even music can be done to an almost equal extent in a well written novel.

If I were to make a choice based on what I think that it is the best way of telling a story, my vote would go to books as well. However, that really has no weight whatsoever in what I see as my "favorite" way of storytelling. And if we are to talk about my favorite, my vote would go to VNs. The reason is very simple

the reason I read/play/watch this sort of media= entertainment

the most entertaining= VNs.

that's all there is to it, really. I usually don't think about "why is X entertaining to me" since I don't really feel any need to, so my answer to why would VNs be the most entertaining form of storytelling to me is not something I know.

They could make Angel Beats into a VN~

I voted video games for the same reason as Eldin, but thinking about it, anime/manga is probably my preference. Though I enjoy video games, the truth is, these days, I'm often too tired or lazy to play them. Just sitting back and watching a show seems far easier, and I just like the anime style, so that's all there is to it :).