Yuris with plot, please!

MaggieROBOT

As title said. I'm trying to read a bit of everything and I already tried chuuniges, horror, nakige, otomeges and BL stuff but no Yuri. None seems to grab my attention, the ones I see are too nukige-like for me.

So Yuri fans, help me please! Romantic and cute ones, with plot!

Assuming you're looking for translated, there's not a lot of stuff out there in general for yuri, especially not meeting all of those three requirements, unfortunately.

• The best one by a long shot, of those I've played, is Kindred Spirits. It's much heavier on the romance side of things than on the plot side, but you needn't fear that it's anywhere remotely near a nukige (it's not a Sono Hana game...). The characters really make the game special: they're awesome.
  • Flowers is also a decent choice, though it wasn't really what I was hoping for when I read it.
  • Lastly, maybe take a look at Shadows of Pygmalion. It's an all ages chuunige with yuri elements, so it's really much more plot-focused, and has hardly any romance to it. I really enjoyed it (though not at the same level as I did Kindred spirits).

All three of those are available on Steam, but the first and last are MangaGamer games while the second is JAST USA, so you can also pick them up from their respective online stores, which probably makes them a bit more money.

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Assuming you're looking for translated, there's not a lot of stuff out there in general for yuri, especially not meeting all of those three requirements, unfortunately.

• The best one by a long shot, of those I've played, is Kindred Spirits. It's much heavier on the romance side of things than on the plot side, but you needn't fear that it's anywhere remotely near a nukige (it's not a Sono Hana game...). The characters really make the game special: they're awesome.
  • Flowers is also a decent choice, though it wasn't really what I was hoping for when I read it.
  • Lastly, maybe take a look at Shadows of Pygmalion. It's an all ages chuunige with yuri elements, so it's really much more plot-focused, and has hardly any romance to it. I really enjoyed it (though not at the same level as I did Kindred spirits).

All three of those are available on Steam, but the first and last are MangaGamer games while the second is JAST USA, so you can also pick them up from their respective online stores, which probably makes them a bit more money.

Kindred Spirits seems nice and if you're telling me it's the best, I'll trust and try! Thanks for the suggestion!!!

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Non-nukige translated yuri was indeed quite limited like Fred said. But if you want more recommendations, there's Nurse Love Addiction, Aoishiro, and Katahane. Hope those recommendations will be help.

Nurse Love Addiction and Aoishiro seems promising (fingers crossed). Thanks!!

Edited by MaggieROBOT
Sorry about the double post... I clicked on the wrong button and there's no erase post option...

If you can't read Japanese, Nurse Love Addiction is by far the best translated yuri game with plot that I have played. Really fantastic game, so I second that recommendation.

If you can read Japanese, play Seisai no Resonance. Great story, good heroines and a really cool setting. By far the best yuri game out there that I know of. It does have a gameplay side to it, but that's not very dominant, and you'll be spending 97% of your time reading. Also, if you just grab a 100% save file, you can skip the combat scenes entierly, if you don't want the gameplay side of the game.

I made a blog entry on the game a while ago, if you are interested in knowing a bit what the game is about before reading.

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

If you can't read Japanese, Nurse Love Addiction is by far the best translated yuri game with plot that I have played. Really fantastic game, so I second that recommendation.

If you can read Japanese, play Seisai no Resonance. Great story, good heroines and a really cool setting. By far the best yuri game out there that I know of. It does have a gameplay side to it, but that's not very dominant, and you'll be spending 97% of your time reading. Also, if you just grab a 100% save file, you can skip the combat scenes entierly, if you don't want the gameplay side of the game.

I made a blog entry on the game a while ago, if you are interested in knowing a bit what the game is about before reading.

I'll definitely check it out (I'm not that good with japanese, but maybe I'll manage)! Thank you!!!

Nurse Love is getting better by the minute...