Grisaia Kajitsu ON

Sparkker

I would have to agree with the Wahfuu, I find his cynical attitude rather amusing most of the time, and he has been proving to be a pretty interesting MC so far. He seems like a very resourceful kind a guy, very down to earth and practical, and also kinda badass at times, but not completely insensitive.

In other news, I think I'm almost done with Sachi's route! I will wait until I'm done with it for a final verdict, but I've been enjoying it, I'm glad I started with this one. I'm looking forward to Makina's route after that.

The ending is the best part so brace yourself.

I think Yuuji has some awesome lines, mostly near the end of the game. Unfortunately he does tend to take some things a bit too far and made me cringe cuz' of his stubbornness and arrogance. But people find him badass cuz' he ''gets shit done'' and witty lines amusing. But I always look at brighter picture on how others around him feel. Well I wouldn't let it bother me so much if I weren't such a nice guy. IRL I don't ever take jokes too far to hurt someone's feelings.

Minase Aoi is probably my type of ideal protagonist. Hard-working, smart, never pushes jokes too far and is nice to the girls. But I guess normal is boring to some. XD

Couldn't Sachi just get rid of the test after everyone had already taken it? It's not like she had a deadline of sorts for the job.

That is the only doubt I have about this.

Because that's not what a good girl would do. A good girl would make it so the person who asked her wouldn't have to take the test. How is she helping anybody by doing it after the test is over? That's not abusing the grey area, that's just ignoring the rules shes set upon herself.

Couldn't Sachi just get rid of the test after everyone had already taken it? It's not like she had a deadline of sorts for the job.

That is the only doubt I have about this.

I agree it does not make much sense to the me why the hell it has to be done the way it was.

Plus what the hell is with blowing up the school worth millions of dollars when she fails, I mean I get why he did it but....

Because that's not what a good girl would do. A good girl would make it so the person who asked her wouldn't have to take the test. How is she helping anybody by doing it after the test is over? That's not abusing the grey area, that's just ignoring the rules shes set upon herself.

No, she did a lot of similar misunderstandings. I'd also like to point it out that at the beginning of it, she didn't think of the reason for a request, so even if your argument could be used to Michiru's request, it still doesn't make that much sense to the first girl.

Also, her brain works in such a way that her subconscious sometimes does not even hear requests (which was quite used in some comical scenes, and pointed out by Yuuji) so I'd say burning the tests per se after people took it would be well enough into her area.

No, she did a lot of similar misunderstandings. I'd also like to point it out that at the beginning of it, she didn't think of the reason for a request, so even if your argument could be used to Michiru's request, it still doesn't make that much sense to the first girl.

Also, her brain works in such a way that her subconscious sometimes does not even hear requests (which was quite used in some comical scenes, and pointed out by Yuuji) so I'd say burning the tests per se after people took it would be well enough into her area.

Yes, Sachi does have a grey area that her subconcious abuses as to not take every single request or every single astronimical deed, but when she is told straight up to get rid of a test, I don't see why you would think Sachi would go "I could warp this request to not do something drastic." That is absurdly out of character, I find. I understand what you are saying, but it seems to me that it is far more likely that Sachi would interpret it as "She doesn't want to take the test so I should get rid of it." Sachi does not conciously think in a way to convenience herself, but to convenience other people. Sachi's rules that she imposes on herself are not "Let's do everything anyone tells me to do within reason," It's "A good girl does what she is told." And how she interprets it has a HUGE deal to do with that. Sachi interprets things literally/differently then normal. She does not conciously interpret things to convenience herself.

I really just don't see how you can say Sachi interpreting what she is told to do here in a way to convenience herself out of drastic action is more in character then burning down the school. If that were the case she could do that for EVERY single request and what would be the point of her disability? What you are suggesting is not an abuse of the grey area, it is an active warping of a request given to her to convenience herself and that in no way ever is how Sachi's psychological problems operate. If it was that easy, then Sachis problems wouldnt be all that bad. They are. The subconcious grey area doesn't activate when it chooses to be helpful. It activates when it can get away with it. It couldn't this time.

Once more: Sachi did not interpret the request as "Get rid of the test papers." She interpreted it as "I don't want to do the test, so I want you to get rid of them." I don't see how thats arguable. And if you admit that, then this entire argument is moot, because how Sachi interprets things conciously is different then how she ignores some things subconciously.

And even if, let's ignore the fact that it's hilariously out of character and breaks her own rules. How would Sachi get rid of the tests? She would have had to break into the shcool, find the test papers, and destroy all of them. And even then, if she had gotten all the papers before they were officially marked, the test would have been reprinted and taken again. And even THEN if she had gotten them after, what would the girl have said? "Oh, turns out you can't do everything after all." Sachi does not want to EVER hear those words. Good girls do as they are told.

Edit to add in: I don't mean to jump down your throat so hard, but I'm just saying what you are implying is not how psychological conditions and problems actually work, especially untreated. Of course, Sachi's and the rest of the Grisaia cast problems are stretched to fiction extremes and different rulesets like Michirus, but it's still basic psychology that's being applied here. And if we are going to dismiss Sachi's, you are going to have to dismiss a hell of alot of fictional psychology for being unrealistic.

Edited for clarity to pretty much entirely explain Sachis mindset for everything, jesus.

Edited by Wahfuu

You guys are really fast at reading. Seriously, I'm only at the climax of the first route a.k.a Makina's.

Not sure if it's a spoiler, but just in case, I put the tag on.

Yuuji: As a wise man said, "There's no woman in the world more troublesome than your mother". It's a little hard to say this to her own daughter, but I don't think it's possible to phrase this both gently and accurately. I'm going to be frank here. Your mom's a sociopathic bitch.

These lines always crack me up. :lol:

You guys are really fast at reading. Seriously, I'm only at the climax of the first route a.k.a Makina's.

Actually, I use Makina's and Kazuki's trick for reading (joking, lol. I don't know if that's even possible, specially with VNs)

I also don't know about the others, but besides having a fast reading speed I pulled of a marathon to finish grisaia~

It's my usual way to finish VNs. Unless I have to spend more than 50 hours with them, I always read them at once. (My reading speed is about 2 times faster than your average folk. I finished grisaia in about 15-20 hours)

Not sure if it's a spoiler, but just in case, I put the tag on.

Yuuji: As a wise man said, "There's no woman in the world more troublesome than your mother". It's a little hard to say this to her own daughter, but I don't think it's possible to phrase this both gently and accurately. I'm going to be frank here. Your mom's a sociopathic bitch.

These lines always crack me up. :lol:/>

Don't worry, I'm with you. :lol: I'm still not done with my first route (Sachi's), though I'm nearing the end as well.

Actually, I use Makina's and Kazuki's trick for reading (joking, lol. I don't know if that's even possible, specially with VNs)

I also don't know about the others, but besides having a fast reading speed I pulled of a marathon to finish grisaia~

It's my usual way to finish VNs. Unless I have to spend more than 50 hours with them, I always read them at once. (My reading speed is about 2 times faster than your average folk. I finished grisaia in about 15-20 hours)

Holy crap that's wayyy too fast!! If I remembered correctly the VN itself is more than 100MB raw text. Even my mother, who reads a French dictionary like a novel lol couldn't pull that off.

Anyway I've finally finished Makina's route.

What I can say right now is the route didn't meet my expectations, or rather, it felt uncompleted. Going through both endings, so many questions left unanswered. Not to mention Makina beat the crap out of 2 CIA agents before she got shot.

:P

Next up is my favorite girl - Amane!

I also like JB for her hilariousness. Her relationship with Yuuji is really interesting, and I don't know how to classify that relationship yet.

Holy crap that's wayyy too fast!! If I remembered correctly the VN itself is more than 100MB raw text. Even my mother, who reads a French dictionary like a novel lol couldn't pull that off.

Anyway I've finally finished Makina's route.

What I can say right now is the route didn't meet my expectations, or rather, it felt uncompleted. Going through both endings, so many questions left unanswered. Not to mention Makina beat the crap out of 2 CIA agents before she got shot. :P/>

Next up is my favorite girl - Amane!

I also like JB for her hilariousness. Her relationship with Yuuji is really interesting, and I don't know how to classify that relationship yet.

Grisaia has 2 sequels, so I guess it's to be expected that the endings felt kinda lacking.

JB gets her own sex scenes in the sequels.

Actually, all of the girls do,which I personally found very nice. Even Makina's Mother.

Omg.

Makina is officially my favorite.

SHE PLAYS WITH VIRTUAL PETS.

The opening was so nice at first too and then it got all sad on me but then happy again!

Now I'm stuck between Makina and Sachi ;n;

Well I guess that's what playing all the routes are for.

Edit:

I read extremely fast but its hard with VNs since I like to hear their voices and its weird to suddenly cut them off.

I read extremely fast but its hard with VNs since I like to hear their voices and its weird to suddenly cut them off.

I understand exactly how you feel~

It was probably the reason for me taking so long to finish grisaia anyway.

And finally done the whole thing and dear god makinas bad end is filled with so much welp and why and oh dear god.

Anyways, I have to say Makinas was the best route. Had a lot to do with Yuuji and the main scenario of the whole series. A bit of stuff left tangled that I am assuming is for the rest of the series. I can't help but feel a little kicked in the face now that I have to wait for Meikyuu, but Kajitsu is solid in its own right. I expect it'll probably take Koestl about 6-7 months when he finally starts it.

So, Kajitsu done. Gotta review it before Mikoto fires me for slacking. If I were to voice a complaint, it'd probably be that Fujisaki didn't write the whole thing. His high level of verbosity and crazy way of jamming text into the chatbox is incredibly engrossing. And I don't think I'll ever forgive the game for Yumiko, but I heard she gets a deal better in Rakuen.

Route say as far as opinionated best routes go?

Makina > Common > Amane=Sachi > Michiru >>>>>>>>>>>Yumiko

Favorite route, however..

Sachi > Makina > Common > Amane > Michiru >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yumiko.

This is mostly because it's the only nakige-style.. well, anything, to actually bring me to tears. Nothing Key, nothing Nitro, or anything. Just some simple maid in a frontwing game. Kinda funny.

I think I'm halfway through Michiru's route (I just finished the scene 'Skipping Pages', where

Meowmel dies)

and I don't like it. I will go as far as to say that I've enjoyed Yumiko's more, at least this point in the route.

Was going to explain why but I guess I should hold on to them until I finish the route Dx

Can someone tell me how far I am into the route though? I really want to get this route over with so that I can start Sachi's.

I finaly completed Sachi's route, only got her bad end left to check out! It was pretty good, and I did cry a little. I wouldn't say it was one of my favorite VN routes I played, but I still really enjoyed it. It was a bit longer than I expected it to be, but not so bad as to feel too drawn out.

Looking forward to Makina's route now.

Well, let's proceed to Grisaia no Meikyuu now, where

apparently Chizuru has her own route.

I'm looking forward to it. A pity it will probably take quite some time to translate, I guess.

Who knows, if we follow the same timeline, we should see both Meikyuu and Rakuen by a year from now. Since those two combined are shorter than Kajitsu.

Who knows, if we follow the same timeline, we should see both Meikyuu and Rakuen by a year from now. Since those two combined are shorter than Kajitsu.

Hmmm... According to vndb they are in fact shorter than kajitsu, but I don't know. CG-wise they are roughly the same, at the very least. Kajitsu had... about 535? non event CGs, Meikyuu has 500 and Rakuen has 497. Well, CGs do not dictate the amount of time that a VN takes to finish, but since they are so similar I believe that they may be roughly the same in length. Oh, well.

As long as I can bondage Marisa's mom I don't care~

Hmmm... According to vndb they are in fact shorter than kajitsu, but I don't know. CG-wise they are roughly the same, at the very least. Kajitsu had... about 535? non event CGs, Meikyuu has 500 and Rakuen has 497. Well, CGs do not dictate the amount of time that a VN takes to finish, but since they are so similar I believe that they may be roughly the same in length. Oh, well.

As long as I can bondage Marisa's mom I don't care~

Usually the factor most commonly used is the script size. If someone pulls those stats, we can probably estimate given the same pace.

Yay, I finally finished Yumiko's route. That means I finally get to play some good routes now.

What was wrong with her route? I actually liked though there was not much for action but it turned out great in the end.

The get hitched, she get all the money and they have I kid.