Question about Rewrite (Kotori Routh)

Okami

(Spoilers)

I just finished Kotori route in Rewrite and there is something that I don't get.

In the end when Key died it is sad that you are half familiar and that you are using earth energy that would disappear if Key die so that if key die and that energy disappear your wounds would repair and you would lose your powers being on brink of death (Or you would start draining Kotori life energy to maintain your familiar side with would lead to Kotori death as she doesn't have that strong life energy and then you would also die as you wouldn't have source of energy to keep you familiar side). But both in Luca and Chihaya routes that I already finished key was also killed but noting similar happened.

Is there any explanation for this that I missed (Or have yet to uncover in some of the other routes that I didn't play yet) or does things that are sad in one route don't apply in other routes?

The first thing that I'd like to say is that Kotori's Route is written by Tanaka Romeo, while Ryu07 wrote Lucia's, and another writer - Chihaya's. So there might be some details that are not logically connected, which can be considered as plot holes.

I read this a long time ago, so if something is wrong, fell free to correct me! Now to answer your question:

Lucia's Route:

The writer actually did nicely here. As you can see Ryu made "the Key" Lucia, not Kagari. Of course Kagari still exists, so there's no way Kotarou would lose his familiar power.

Chihaya's Route:

Kagari did't die in this Route. Akane did the Apocalypse thing for her. She just became idle, therefore Guardian lost its purpose in destroying her.

Wouldn't say there are any plot holes that you couldn't fill in yourself besides Chihaya/Shizuru's case because that writer was pretty ugh.

Anyways, to answer;

The Key died in Lucias route, yes, but if you remember from Kotoris route, Kotori had to manually break the contract with Kotarou for him to lose his powers and for his wounds to re-open. All the Key did was give Kotori the ability to make familiars and become a 'druid', she never bound her to Kotarou.

Wouldn't say there are any plot holes that you couldn't fill in yourself besides Chihaya/Shizuru's case because that writer was pretty ugh.

Anyways, to answer;

The Key died in Lucias route, yes, but if you remember from Kotoris route, Kotori had to manually break the contract with Kotarou for him to lose his powers and for his wounds to re-open. All the Key did was give Kotori the ability to make familiars and become a 'druid', she never bound her to Kotarou.

Hmmm, don't quiet remember that

the Key died in Lucia's Route. Maybe her role in this route was so small that I hadn't payed much attention to her. But yes, the contract between Kotarou and Kotori is the right answer!

+1

The first thing that I'd like to say is that Kotori's Route is written by Tanaka Romeo, while Ryu07 wrote Lucia's, and another writer - Chihaya's. So there might be some details that are not logically connected, which can be considered as plot holes.

I read this a long time ago, so if something is wrong, fell free to correct me! Now to answer your question:

Lucia's Route:

The writer actually did nicely here. As you can see Ryu made "the Key" Lucia, not Kagari. Of course Kagari still exists, so there's no way Kotarou would lose his familiar power.

Chihaya's Route:

Kagari did't die in this Route. Akane did the Apocalypse thing for her. She just became idle, therefore Guardian lost its purpose in destroying her.

Something doesn't match hire.

It is a good explanation for a Lucia route with her becoming new key but In Chihaya's Route Kagari did die she become sand/dust after Sakuya fight Akanes familiars. And Akane didn't become new key she only made a new key out of Sakuya who in the end died. So in the end of her route key is dead and there isn't new one so there shouldn't be eath energy than where from Kotarou get's his energy from for his familiar side of him?

The answer would probably be the same of Lucia's route. Kotori didn't break their contract, and so Kotarou stayed alive.

Probably, at least.

But wouldn't she died that way as she didn't have Inaf life energy just like she started to die when key die in her route?

Kotarou is not getting energy from the Key, he's getting energy from the Druid-made Kotori. Even if the Key dies, she is still a made druid. The Keys death doesnt diminish that.

I don't see how that makes any difference as:

Kotarou is getting energy from Kotori who is getting energy from earth energy that exist because of the key. And Kotori herself doesn't have enough energy to maintain contracts with Kotarou it is why she started dying when key died in her route. So if key dies Kotori can either cut the contract with Kotarou with will lead to him losing his powers and being on the verge of death or refuse to do it and die which will automatically lead to cuting contract.

I don't see how that makes any difference as:

Kotarou is getting energy from Kotori who is getting energy from earth energy that exist because of the key. And Kotori herself doesn't have enough energy to maintain contracts with Kotarou it is why she started dying when key died in her route. So if key dies Kotori can either cut the contract with Kotarou with will lead to him losing his powers and being on the verge of death or refuse to do it and die which will automatically lead to cuting contract.

For one; When does Kotori ever start dying? I dont think that happens beyond an implication that without a power spot Kotarou would eventually dry up Kotori, which is why he cut the contract to let her do it the natural way. Two; The earth energy does NOT exist because of the key. Three; The Key has no control, or else she would have done something when Kotori threatened to kill her. Kotori is bound to the mistletoe that Kagari gave her access to when she swore fealty to the Key. Thats it.

Something doesn't match hire.

It is a good explanation for a Lucia route with her becoming new key but In Chihaya's Route Kagari did die she become sand/dust after Sakuya fight Akanes familiars. And Akane didn't become new key she only made a new key out of Sakuya who in the end died. So in the end of her route key is dead and there isn't new one so there shouldn't be eath energy than where from Kotarou get's his energy from for his familiar side of him?

I never said that Akane became the Key in Chihaya's route. In that route Kagari only disappeared because she assumed that her purpose has been fulfilled by others. So the green circle thingy (I don't remember what it's called) is still there in the forest for Kotori to use. Remember the promise Kotori made to Kagari? Kotori will get unlimited energy source from the green circle if she can prevent Kagari's death and protect her. Only in the case of Kagari's death would the green circle in the forest dissapear, resulting in the loss of energy to maintain Kotarou's familiar body.

I actually interpreted the inconsistencies in the plot on another way. I though that it is natural for routes to have specific details that are unique to them and is different in the others. And I think this was explained a bit in the moon route

Moon spoiler!

In Moon, it was explained that the world have different possibilities, which Kagari was reading, trying to find an a path where the world would not end (I think this is the Terra route), so I think these possibilities are indeed reflected in the inconsistencies in the routes. No need for a long argument here :)/>

This is, at least, how I interpreted the story.

I actually interpreted the inconsistencies in the plot on another way. I though that it is natural for routes to have specific details that are unique to them and is different in the others. And I think this was explained a bit in the moon route

Moon spoiler!

In Moon, it was explained that the world have different possibilities, which Kagari was reading, trying to find an a path where the world would not end (I think this is the Terra route), so I think these possibilities are indeed reflected in the inconsistencies in the routes. No need for a long argument here :)/>/>/>

This is, at least, how I interpreted the story.

This is actually the best explanation till now as all others explanations have some holes in them. Thanks for giving it to me, now I can continue to next route without confusion.

For one; When does Kotori ever start dying? I dont think that happens beyond an implication that without a power spot Kotarou would eventually dry up Kotori, which is why he cut the contract to let her do it the natural way. Two; The earth energy does NOT exist because of the key. Three; The Key has no control, or else she would have done something when Kotori threatened to kill her. Kotori is bound to the mistletoe that Kagari gave her access to when she swore fealty to the Key. Thats it.

When did you play Rewrite as I think you are forgetting something.

Kotarou and Kotori both start dying right after the key is killed. Kotarou said something like this "If this continues we will both die so Kotori cut the contract with me I will find the way for both of us to survive"

I actually did forget that! I feel so silly. I guess it's possible that Kotori could still have access to the power spot without the Key as she is still a druid without her. She was being drained because as was said she doesn't have the energy to support Kotarou. The Power Spot doesn't just exist because of the key, after all. This is also possible that it's what is explained in Moon.

This is actually the best explanation till now as all others explanations have some holes in them. Thanks for giving it to me, now I can continue to next route without confusion.

You're much welcome.. Just ask around for any other thing that you need..