Fate/Stay Night Universe

Gyoko

Hello. I just finished Fate/Stay Night VN. I want to go deeper into the universe and see it to the end. As far as I know, not only there is a continuation of the story, but different routes of the original FSN, which is actually considered to be Route Fate. So my question is - what are the titles of novels that are continuation of Shirou's story?

Hollow Ataraxia happens after Fate... But that one is a fandisc and story-wise it doesn't have a lot to offer. It will give you more of the FSN characters, though. 

Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC are PSP games and don't really have anything to do with the main universe of the series, other than having a few cameos... CCC is like the best thing ever if you're a Sakura fan, though. 

Fate/Zero is a prequel-sequel anime, dealing with the story of Emiya Kiritsugu and the previous holy grail war. 

The Fate series is generally linked to Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai, and people slap them together as the "Nasuverse" - Tsukihime is more dated than Fate and the stories going on are unrelated, but they're of the same type and have the same atmosphere (I'm yet to meet someone who likes one and doesn't like the other, lol.) 

After you read Tsukihime you can also watch the Carnival Phantasm anime, which is a crossover between Fate and Tsukihime and quite possibly the most rolf thing I've ever watched. 

Kara no Kyoukai is a great series of anime movies, too. 

While you'll see very few relations between characters in those series, they all share the same lore, so to speak.

If you don't mind older art, I'd definitely start with Tsukihime (the VN. The tsukihime anime is probably one of the worst abominations I've seen, and the fandom has a running gag that "there is no tsukihime anime" because of how bad that was), though the Fate/Zero anime is also a great place to go. 

It sounds like you've only read the Fate route of F/SN. There are two other routes, Unlimited Bladeworks and Heaven's feel. Most downloads of F/SN include a PDF document that details all three routes and the choices you have to make to get them.

I also recommend watching Fate/Zero, which Kaguya suggested, but only watch it after you fully complete the VN, as it spoils some rather important plot points for Heaven's Feel, one of the other routes.  It's very plot-oriented and is quite satisfying if you wanted a more thorough explanation of the previous Holy Grail War, and wanted to learn more about Kiritsugu and Kirei.  The animation is pretty damn good, thanks to based Ufotable.  The openings are also really awesome, as little as that matters.  Here's the second one:

Haven't gotten around to reading Fate/hollow ataraxia yet (still holding out on that voice patch  :wafuu: ), but I've heard that it's pretty well recommended if you liked F/sn.  Fate/CCC isn't translated yet, unfortunately, so we ENG plebs just have to wait and hope that the fan TL project will eventually yield results.

Fate/Grand Order. A Japanese mobile game available for Android and iOS devices.

While this isn't a direct continuation of Fate/Stay Night, but this game is still in its universe and tells you about a whole load of new Servants.

Like the owner of Gae Bolg, Scahath for example.

1) Fate/Stay Night VN. 3 routes Fate>Unlimited Blade Works>Heavens Feel

2) Fate/Hollow Ataraxia VN

3) Fate/Zero Anime (optional)

4) Tsukihime VN

5)  Carnival Phantasm Anime

6) Kara no Kyoukai Anime (optional)

So this is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Gyoko said:

1) Fate/Stay Night VN. 3 routes Fate>Unlimited Blade Works>Heavens Feel

2) Fate/Hollow Ataraxia VN

3) Fate/Zero Anime (optional)

4) Tsukihime VN

5)  Carnival Phantasm Anime

6) Kara no Kyoukai Anime (optional)

So this is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you haven't read the other two F/SN routes, definitely them, yes. The Fate route is generally considered to be the weaker of the three. 

Fate Zero and Kara no Kyoukai are highlights of the universe and have very high quality, so I do recommend going for them. 

Hollow Ataraxia and Carnival Phantasm are mostly comedy, so you can skip those if you want to. 

Still, go for whatever attracts you the most. This is just an intro to the universe, and you really ought to just pick whatever you want (anything from those titles is a good enough start.) After that there's a bunch of other works that are still part of this huge universe (Kagetsu Tohya, Fox Tail, some extra material, etc.) that I haven't talked about yet because it'd just plain confusing, imo.