Translation Help Please!

Naoe

Just now, sanahtlig said:

There's an active fan translation of Majikoi A.  You could always just wait.

If you just want to machine translate, Visual Novel Reader is probably the best place to start.  You'll still need to get ATLAS working, as it's the best machine translator I know of.

oh also i couldnt get VNR to work either. And i heard people don't like it. which is why im using Chiitrans.

Visual Novel Reader is bad for parsing, and many of the people around here text hook to parse.  For machine translation it works alright.  That's what it was designed for.

With Chiitrans you might be able to get Majikoi to work, but you may run into problems with other games.  The VNR hooking engine is constantly updated, so it has greater compatibility (works with more games without tinkering) than other options.

Visual Novel Reader is bad for parsing, and many of the people around here text hook to parse.  For machine translation it works alright.  That's what it was designed for.

With Chiitrans you might be able to get Majikoi to work, but you may run into problems with other games.  The VNR hooking engine is constantly updated, so it has greater compatibility (works with more games without tinkering) than other options.

it does work with it, but its all over the place. the sentences don't make much since, and a lot of the time there are words in brackets. Some of the characters have weird names as well. For example,

"Japan

「..charge district [mawa] of [de] and today's [soitsu].. [ara], some the soaps of [ba] cut saying, and neither last week's [mamadawade] nor [maji] worked paper in the health goal.」"

Japan is supposed to be Yamato.

lmao i mean what is that?

Just now, Naoe said:

it does work with it, but its all over the place. the sentences don't make much since, and a lot of the time there are words in brackets. Some of the characters have weird names as well. For example,

"Japan

「..charge district [mawa] of [de] and today's [soitsu].. [ara], some the soaps of [ba] cut saying, and neither last week's [mamadawade] nor [maji] worked paper in the health goal.」"

yamato can mean japan. i think chris made a comment about it when she first met yamato.

6 minutes ago, Naoe said:

it does work with it, but its all over the place. the sentences don't make much since, and a lot of the time there are words in brackets.

You have to modify the text hooker output in order to play nicely with ATLAS.  I think VNR has this functionality built-in.  Otherwise, you have to install some add-ons.  Take a look at the ATLAS guide--but read it closely this time.

You have to modify the text hooker output in order to play nicely with ATLAS.  I think VNR has this functionality built-in.  Otherwise, you have to install some add-ons.  Take a look at the ATLAS guide--but read it closely this time.

So what you're saying is i did it wrong? sigh trying to use translate programs sure is tough.

17 minutes ago, Naoe said:

"Japan

The times when you get [de] etc in brackets, it means the translator did not understand what the word / particle meant in the sentence, and failed to translate it.

で (de) is a simple particle, so I don't know why it wouldn't understand that... Maybe it cut out de of a longer word it couldn't read.

The sentences sometimes get like that, and make very little sense, though I've never seen it THAT bad before. 

(Actually, never mind.. I have. This one was gold :wahaha: )

Spoiler

3yxYIOx.png

This is sadly the world of machine translations. It sucks.

Just now, Dergonu said:

The times when you get [de] etc in brackets, it means the translator did not understand what the word / particle meant in the sentence, and failed to translate it.

で (de) is a simple particle, so I don't know why it wouldn't understand that... Maybe it cut out de of a longer word it couldn't read.

The sentences sometimes get like that, and make very little sense, though I've never seen it THAT bad before. 

Hide contents

3yxYIOx.png

Wow. Hmm i wonder if i should try something else.

13 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Hilariously, that is actually an accurate translation of the word:  The Japanese 'ken' (兼) is used just like the Latin cum (kuhm) - it means "with" or "combined".  Just, in the VN context, its meaning is a bit more, er, fluid.

26 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Hide contents

That's sort of like hearing that you can ride a bicycle to get somewhere faster than walking, falling on your face as soon as you mount it, and then declaring, "Bicycles suck!  Either walk or buy a car!"

35 minutes ago, Naoe said:

So are there any other suggestions i could do instead?

Just hire a translator. 0.03$ per japanese symbol (or even less) and quality translation in no time. That could be even less if you collect some money from your friends and thus having even less price! Moreover, if you spend a bit more time, you could even license the game of your choice and even get a profit! Sound good, eh? 

Just now, Scorp said:

Just hire a translator. 0.03$ per japanese symbol (or even less) and quality translation in no time. That could be even less if you collect some money from your friends and thus having even less price! Moreover, if you spend a bit more time, you could even license the game of your choice and even get a profit! Sound good, eh? 

huh? What are you talking about?