Funniest visual novel you have played?

Dark_blade64

I'm going mainly with Majikoi as well. The entire cast, main and support, are all fantastic. And those that are shown in sequels to the main story fit in spectacularly. I can't wait till the 28th for A-5!
Grisaia is good too, mainly because of Yuuji and his interactions with the rest of them. That and I have the same kind of humour.

I've been trying to search for similar ones to these, but it's damn hard. I'm thinking about playing "My Girlfriend is the President" from the recommendations here though.

6 hours ago, edwd2 said:

not a whole lot of funny vns, on top of my head theres majikoi, hatsuyuki sakura, sakaagari hurricane, edelweiss, and gintama. 

what? gintama is also a vn? does it have a english patch?

by the way even if majikoi is the funniest vn, it cant still beat the "running candence"

I agree that Kajitsu, Majikoi and Osananajimi wa Daitiryou are all brilliantly constructed, hilarious VNs, bu as always, I have an entirely own opinion the most funny VN

That one is my beloved and adored Dracu-riot!

All of the three have gotten me laughing in numerous occasions and rather severely at that, but even they don't compare to the hilarious events Dracu-riot gave out.

It might just be that I was in a vulnerable time in my life when I first played it and the jokes just stuck with me to his day.

Or it might be that the jokes in it just click with me perfectly

Either way, nothing has beaten it to this day.

For me, I'd say Majikoi and My Girlfriend is the President. They're both funny and have their share of random moments.

- Majikoi because of the mechanical anus and the abduction from the spa scene.

- My Girlfriend is the President because it has people dancing naked around a bonfire.

Most of the others have already been mentioned (haven't read Majikoi yet though). I remember Yumina the Ethereal being petty humorous but that might just be because of how much it reminded me of Baka & Test and the detail put into some of the character actions and designs while also managing to maintain serious when necessary. I have not yet read Majikoi but I have been reading Noble Works and there are a few moments here and there which I would say can be humorous.

When I saw the title, the first VN, which came to my mind was Snow Sakura. The story is decent and it's full of funny moments. It's a fairly long story, but the comedy never gets old as it never repeats itself. It keeps coming up with something brand new rather than make multiple versions of the same jokes. The exception is Kozue, who has a tendency to repeat what other people say, except she changes one hiragana, which in turn changes the meaning entirely. Those jokes really loses the play on words part in the translation though.

I'm not quite sure why My Girlfriend is the President is mentioned several times. I remember it more as absurd than funny, but I guess it depends on what type of humor people prefer.