[Active] Fuwa Original Mascot Character Suggestion Thread

solidbatman

2 hours ago, solidbatman said:

That doesn't change the fact that i think her profile pic's character would do a good mascot.

Maybe there's a lot of goofing around and it's fun but this wasn't a joke. It has nothing to do with Aaeru.

22 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

That doesn't change the fact that i think her profile pic's character would do a good mascot.

Maybe there's a lot of goofing around and it's fun but this wasn't a joke. It has nothing to do with Aaeru.

"Original character" As in, not another company's property. 

17 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

"Original character" As in, not another company's property. 

Still, this is exactly the kind of design I'd recommend going for.

A cute girl who looks clumsy and will probably suck a dick the first time she has sex.

I'm all for something post-apocalyptic. Mainly because post-apocalyptic stuff is cool (see Mad Max or TWD,) but also because of the inside joke it could serve to represent (not using this as an excuse at all.)

Check it out, doesn't she look cool?

c46de01a38f10b75f90156c0d8f64b2a.jpg

Of course, you can't use this picture in any way except to serve as inspiration (someone drew it on pininterest,) but how cool is that? :) She has survived the apocalype, and will kick arse with her, erm ... mask.

So the current consensus seems to be something involving a creature. I personally am liking the idea of a chibi in animal costume type deal, similar to what Nosebleed posted up. Still brainstorming so if you have any suggestions, keep em coming :)

anything that resembles  her

Miyamae.Tomoka.full.54943.jpg

nobody knows who she is but they love it on the internet and everyone uses her image all over it, maybe is because of the color of her eyes or that frighten-shy-bashful look she has. But yeah trying to copy her would be a good idea.

8 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

nobody knows who she is but they love it on the internet and everyone uses her image all over it, maybe is because of the color of her eyes or that frighten-shy-bashful look she has. But yeah trying to copy her would be a good idea.

Vibrantly colored eyes is definitely something that can really catch someone's attention. Some of my favorite characters in anime/VNs/mangas/games have those brightly colored eyes that stand out. A great suggestion.   

8 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Mandatory sauce: https://vndb.org/v972

This might significantly inflate the cost, but I do like the idea of having a few different "moods" for the character, depending on the part of the site. The reason for that is that I think, for the main site and maybe for things like social media presence, the character should probably be a little bit bland so that they are more approachable. But I just don't think the character is going to be representative of a large portion of Fuwa culture if there isn't at least one that looks a bit like a tsun in the middle of an intense lecture on what an idiot I am, which obviously should be used for the forums.

8 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Mandatory sauce: https://vndb.org/v972

hey I said nobody but I wasnt including myself:illya::P in fact I remember someone asking on a thread a while ago about who she was and that's why it came to my mind to use it on this thread and as a fan of tanaka romero that I am I knew her and the vn which is surprisingly not really that good (maybe he didn't write it and only helped on the psp ver added content? )

@Rooke Bleagh, sounds as dull as dull could be.

you mean the vn? yes it kinda is, nothing out of the extraordinary you can call it a charage if you want 

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

This might significantly inflate the cost, but I do like the idea of having a few different "moods" for the character, depending on the part of the site. The reason for that is that I think, for the main site and maybe for things like social media presence, the character should probably be a little bit bland so that they are more approachable. But I just don't think the character is going to be representative of a large portion of Fuwa culture if there isn't at least one that looks a bit like a tsun in the middle of an intense lecture on what an idiot I am, which obviously should be used for the forums.

When I saw moods I immediately thought emoticons. This is for a later discussion, once an actual mascot has been decided on and picked, but we are going to need chat emotes once it happens. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think you shouldn't go for animal costumes but suiting clothing instead: like a coat with a huge pocket for a kangaroo, or a dinasour payama top. I just don't think a full body costume would sell well. 

Also, whether it's a girl or an animal,  we should set on a charm point, be it a pair of twintails, an eyepatch or a red tummy- I myself would go for goggles. 

I'm going for a chibi girl with a striped black-yellow t-shirt, jeans, goggles and barefooted. Of course the animal I picked was a bee. 

Well, just my thoughts.