Bloody Chronicles [Demo/Indiegogo]

IGRASILSTUDIO

13 hours ago, Yuriyuri said:

As for the voice-acting; strangely enough, my thoughts are opposite of Diamon's. I happen to think that Aki's and Akito's voice actors are the  stronger points here. And I don't understand what is it about some individuals automatically attacking characters with cute voices as grating and "too cute". Aki's VA sounds natural in her deliveries and I don't find her trying hard on the cute here. In fact, it fits the character perfectly. Akito's VA sounds great and has some really nice deliveries, but there are times I feel like he put too much emphasis/stress on getting the point across that certain lines sound odd to me. Not to mention, his mic qualities seems to be the lowest of the entire voice crew, which some lines sounding as if his voice is going in and then out. I am listening with headphones, so that is what it sounds like to me. Suzumi and Kaoru's VA is good, though I have to agree a bit with Diamon that she sounds like she is reading rather than acting sometimes. Overall, I still really like the voice-acting here.

Just a matter of personal preference here I guess^^ Regarding Aki's VA, she's definitely not bad, and I agree that it does fit the character and gives you a very good idea about who the character is (basically an airhead), I'm just saying that this kind of voice will annoy quite a lot of people. It's a very polarizing voice, you either love it or hate it. And when you viscerally hate a voice, you'd consider not playing the game because of how much irritating it would be to have to listen to it permanently. I believe there might be a way to get across the same feeling regarding Aki with the voice acting, while making the voice less polarizing. Once again, it's only my completely subjective opinion on the matter. 

5 hours ago, Chihiro said:

I've tried the demo and loved it. I've been following the development of Bloody Chronicles since Lyra from Prefundia recommended it to me. The gui, art, music, voice-acting is superb! I would just be mindful to go through and make sure any grammar errors are fixed. I like how there is a good solid story to this game. I am guessing that Kazuki is one tough, anti-social guy who has trouble expressing himself. :lol: 

As for the voiceovers; I have say you've got a solid cast here. I really enjoy the performances so far. Sayaka is super adorable and lovely as Aki (I don't think she overdoing the cuteness. I can name so many others that is definitely forced in official funimation dubs it kills), John is great as the tricky and laid-back Akito, and Skyler is nice as Suzumi/Kaoru respectively. I know this game is still in the development phase, but hopefully you will level the voices out more. Akito's lines tends to be overpowered by the BGM. I really like the voiceovers; it really adds a nice touch to the game!

Why not leave the indiegogo page going at the same time as your kick-starter? I would love to back your project, but I believe kick-starter does not allow Paypal... and I don't have a credit card at this time.

P.S. Diamonit - I would be a little - for lack of a better term, "less harsh" when giving feedback on the VAs.  As I know some of them will also be providing voice work for the very game you are developing...

Having an indiegogo and a kickstarter running at the same time is very badly seen in general, it kinda makes it look like you're attempting a cash grab.
I'm not sure why I should sugarcoat my feedback? Having potential VA overlapping with my own project is a totally unrelated matter (and if you're talking about Skyler, she's not voicing on our project anymore). I know it's not very pleasant to receive negative feedback on something, but my issue here lies in the directing of the voice acting, and not in the personal skill of the VAs. I know very well that they are very talented and could probably do better with some little pointers, which is what I'm trying to give. Whether the devs agree or not with my opinion on the matter is another question. I did like the voice acting as a whole, truth be told I would have probably dropped the demo without it, and it's what allowed me to keep an interest in the dialog. But it's just not perfect yet I feel.

On 3/3/2016 at 7:30 PM, Yuriyuri said:

The demo is an excellent introduction to Bloody Chronicles. I like it very much. I do agree that the story does attempt to cram too much information at first, but I rather have a good understanding of where the story will be heading off to right away, then have a typical slow build-up of the story. 

1st person narratives are always the best solution in telling a story or presenting main character's motives/personality traits. An setback with 1st person narrative is that doing so can lead to seeing how the main character perceives the other characters. That alone can bring a narrow perception and understanding of the other characters and just how important their own movies/reasoning/etc. plays a key role in the development and grown of the MC. I personally find 3rd person narratives much more useful and less restrictive.

As for the voice-acting; strangely enough, my thoughts are opposite of Diamon's. I happen to think that Aki's and Akito's voice actors are the  stronger points here. And I don't understand what is it about some individuals automatically attacking characters with cute voices as grating and "too cute". Aki's VA sounds natural in her deliveries and I don't find her trying hard on the cute here. In fact, it fits the character perfectly. Akito's VA sounds great and has some really nice deliveries, but there are times I feel like he put too much emphasis/stress on getting the point across that certain lines sound odd to me. Not to mention, his mic qualities seems to be the lowest of the entire voice crew, which some lines sounding as if his voice is going in and then out. I am listening with headphones, so that is what it sounds like to me. Suzumi and Kaoru's VA is good, though I have to agree a bit with Diamon that she sounds like she is reading rather than acting sometimes. Overall, I still really like the voice-acting here.

The GUI, art, etc. are all superb. Your team just needs to touch up a bit on the script and fix some grammar issues. Great work and I look forward to more of the game.

Thank you for opinion...and yes we will remove 3rd person naratives ^^" gomen gomen

On 3/3/2016 at 3:17 AM, Chihiro said:

I've tried the demo and loved it. I've been following the development of Bloody Chronicles since Lyra from Prefundia recommended it to me. The gui, art, music, voice-acting is superb! I would just be mindful to go through and make sure any grammar errors are fixed. I like how there is a good solid story to this game. I am guessing that Kazuki is one tough, anti-social guy who has trouble expressing himself. :lol: 

As for the voiceovers; I have say you've got a solid cast here. I really enjoy the performances so far. Sayaka is super adorable and lovely as Aki (I don't think she overdoing the cuteness. I can name so many others that is definitely forced in official funimation dubs it kills), John is great as the tricky and laid-back Akito, and Skyler is nice as Suzumi/Kaoru respectively. I know this game is still in the development phase, but hopefully you will level the voices out more. Akito's lines tends to be overpowered by the BGM. I really like the voiceovers; it really adds a nice touch to the game!

Why not leave the indiegogo page going at the same time as your kick-starter? I would love to back your project, but I believe kick-starter does not allow Paypal... and I don't have a credit card at this time.

P.S. Diamonit - I would be a little - for lack of a better term, "less harsh" when giving feedback on the VAs.  As I know some of them will also be providing voice work for the very game you are developing...

Sorry for grammar errors! Well..when MikandiJapan picked up we decide to cancel indiegogo because its looks bad for us...that we opening KickStarter and Indiegogo. We wil ltry to add PayPal to KickStarter  Miss Chihiro...(your nick sound like one beloved person from Tales of Memories)

On 3/3/2016 at 8:59 AM, Diamon said:

Having an indiegogo and a kickstarter running at the same time is very badly seen in general, it kinda makes it look like you're attempting a cash grab.
I'm not sure why I should sugarcoat my feedback? Having potential VA overlapping with my own project is a totally unrelated matter (and if you're talking about Skyler, she's not voicing on our project anymore). I know it's not very pleasant to receive negative feedback on something, but my issue here lies in the directing of the voice acting, and not in the personal skill of the VAs. I know very well that they are very talented and could probably do better with some little pointers, which is what I'm trying to give. Whether the devs agree or not with my opinion on the matter is another question. I did like the voice acting as a whole, truth be told I would have probably dropped the demo without it, and it's what allowed me to keep an interest in the dialog. But it's just not perfect yet I feel.

Well....Diamon said that better that me...sorry for my poor english T.T and sorry for spam. I'm kinda lost in this forum

7 hours ago, Diamon said:

Just a matter of personal preference here I guess^^ Regarding Aki's VA, she's definitely not bad, and I agree that it does fit the character and gives you a very good idea about who the character is (basically an airhead), I'm just saying that this kind of voice will annoy quite a lot of people. It's a very polarizing voice, you either love it or hate it. And when you viscerally hate a voice, you'd consider not playing the game because of how much irritating it would be to have to listen to it permanently. I believe there might be a way to get across the same feeling regarding Aki with the voice acting, while making the voice less polarizing. Once again, it's only my completely subjective opinion on the matter. 

I say you could be less harsh, I did not say you had to sugarcoat your words. My concerns about your initial feedback was that you pinpointed only the negative aspects that you find grating, and by doing that made it less constructive and helpful. I know bringing up the VAs being in your project can be viewed as unrelated, but I just think that you should be mindful of how you word things, even when it's just online. You never know if Skyler or any of the other VAs might view this site and be a bit hurt by what you said. They are professionals, so they will probably take it as as a grain of salt and move on, strive to work it it. Nevertheless, just be more considerate when expressing your opinions, no matter how subjective they are. Now, I see your comment here as being more useful, and I understand them to a certain degree. I may not agree with them, but I get your points.

I don't believe Aki is basically an airhead. She was portrayed as a very outspoken, happy, albeit a bit clueless. Overall, an innocent girl, and that is how I see her VA portraying her in the demo. Anyhow, I thought the voices were definitely one of the highlights of the game. =) 

I don't think you should omit 3rd person view. I personally find 1st person writing more restrictive. Everything is written how the main character sees things, and other characters personalities and actions are also diminished/watered down in the process. Anyhow, just stating my point. I believe you guys are doing a great job and will deliver an awesome game in the end.

I am sorry. I only suggested leaving Indiegogo funding on at the same time because I saw The Letter development team (and others) did that and thought it might help. But I agree; doing that will reflect badly on the team and project. I look forward to the kick-starter!

6 hours ago, IGRASILSTUDIO said:

Thank you for opinion...and yes we will remove 3rd person naratives ^^" gomen gomen

Oh, no! I made a typo in my post. I meant to say I don't think 1st person narratives are really that great. I happen to like the 3 person narratives. Sorry for the mix up. English is not my native language.  

I love Aki's bubbly and happy character. She is so cute. If you can, could you pass my compliments on to her VA for me? <33 Her VA has a sweet voice. And this is coming from a girl gamer. ^^

5 minutes ago, Chihiro said:

I say you could be less harsh, I did not say you had to sugarcoat your words. My concerns about your initial feedback was that you pinpointed only the negative aspects that you find grating, and by doing that made it less constructive and helpful. I know bringing up the VAs being in your project can be viewed as unrelated, but I just think that you should be mindful of how you word things, even when it's just online. You never know if Skyler or any of the other VAs might view this site and be a bit hurt by what you said. They are professionals, so they will probably take it as as a grain of salt and move on, strive to work it it. Nevertheless, just be more considerate when expressing your opinions, no matter how subjective they are. Now, I see your comment here as being more useful, and I understand them to a certain degree. I may not agree with them, but I get your points.

I don't believe Aki is basically an airhead. She was portrayed as a very outspoken, happy, albeit a bit clueless, and that is how I see her VA portraying her in the demo. Anyhow, I thought the voices were definitely one of the highlights of the game. =) 

I don't think you should omit 3rd person view. I personally find 1st person writing more restrictive. Everything is written how the main character sees things, and other characters personalities and actions are also diminished/watered down in the process. Anyhow, just stating my point. I believe you guys are doing a great job and will deliver an awesome game in the end

My way of giving feedback is to focus on the stuff that can generally be improved, or that I found unpleasant so that the developers can (if they agree with me) work on it. I believe that there is little point in talking about the things that were done nicely, because they will most likely continue doing it nicely even if I don't tell them. Plus listing the stuff that is done correctly would make my post very long. As a dev, I always like to receive positive feedback of course, but negative feedback is always more constructive, and more useful than positive feedback in general (didn't say that positive feedback was useless though). It would be different if I were to give a review of the work for example, in that case I would try to present in an equal way both positive and negative aspects. So I apologize if me presenting things that way offended anyone in the team, but they will also have to deal with people that will be much harsher than me in the future. It's not like I attacked anyone personally saying that they were bad at what they're doing, I did say and repeated several times that it was a subjective opinion. Doesn't mean I'm allowed to say anything of course, but I sure hope I'm at least able to say "I don't like it because...". I tried to add explanations when I could, maybe not as much as I should have, but trust me that's already a lot more than quite a lot of people are willing to give in general. 

Regarding the omniscient 3rd person view thing, I do believe that it offers more possibilities from a narrative point of view, but it is rarely done in VNs. It's less restrictive, but as a result it becomes harder to write (i only because you have less reference material to use). I'd only suggest this if your writer is experienced, if he's read several VNs that uses 3rd person narrative (I think Gahkthun used it?), or if he's read a lot of novels using omniscient narrators. 

Whoa. Okay, I'm reading this now. @Diamon I don't believe this is third person external/objective/omniscient. My initial impression is this is written in 3rd person close/internal/limited. Stuff like this:

"He feels a hand on his shoulder"

reveals a narration that is only showing what the main character sees. That is the correct method of doing 3rd person limited. A 3rd person external/omni style would narrate something like:

"Kaoru laid a hand on Kazuki's shoulder."

This is what an external narrator would see. This obviously shows information Kazuki does not know and is more distant a narration technique than what is being offered. And looking back (and I haven't read much) everything in the narration is stuff Kazuki knows, nothing is being narrated that Kazuki does not see. Which means, I believe the narration is 3rd person limited/close ... what you call internal. 

I should point out, if that is indeed the case, the writer is using far, FAR too much filtering language. Filtering adds distance to an otherwise close narration style. 

Actually, there's not as much filtering as I first thought. Still present, though. Still annoying. Still distancing. 

Yep, this is almost certainly 3rd person internal/limited/close, Diamon. The thoughts of Kazuki are relayed to the reader, but ONLY the thoughts of Kazuki. I haven't come across any others yet. They're relayed to the reader via the use of italics in ADV format. If this were NVL format, I can imagine they'd be relayed via a more traditional novel technique instead of a game technique. And the narration follows Kazuki relaying only things he sees and experiences. That's classic 3rd close technique.

The dialogue is nice. The art is high quality (wow, so pretty!) The VA is fine (but it’s not something I usually place much importance on.) I’m not far enough in to comment on story and characterisation. 

I’m not going to comment on grammar or proofing, that’s easy to fix.

What I will comment on is narration. In short, it needs work. It's rushed, designed to convey the least amount of information possible to the reader in a bid to hurry to the next piece of dialogue or scene. The narration tends to ‘summarise’ the action, rather than ‘narrate’ what's occurring to the reader, and summaries are rarely adequate when you want to build an image with your words. One of the ways your VN does this is by using almost all generic and weak words and phrases, designed to suck almost all the information out of a sentence. 

So, things like:

‘Kaoru enters first; as Kazuki closes the door, he hears a familiar voice’

‘Kazuki moves to the chair and sits on it; all eyes are on him.’

‘Suzumi approaches the projector and starts the slideshow.’

‘Kazuki sits in his chair and falls into a deep sleep.’

The narration is full of sentences like these. Lets examine them. Firstly, the words ‘enter’, ‘closes’, ‘moves’, ‘sits,’ ‘approaches,’ ‘starts’, these words tell the reader very little about what is happening except the basics. They are generic words designed to be applicable to most situations, but because they’re designed to be applied to most situations most information had to be stripped away from them. That way, you can use a word like 'close' when someone slammed a door as well as when someone shut it noiselessly. Thus using these words fails to build a clear image. It's not so much a concern for information which is not important, it starts becoming a concern when your VN is packed with them. I'm seeing these sorts of words almost every narrative line. I didn't highlight stuff like 'passed' either, another non-descriptive word. Writers are precise, to describe an image you need to be able to be precise when required.

‘Enter’ – there’s a hundred different ways you can enter a room. There’s a hundred different ways someone can ‘close’ a door. What about 'move'? Did he stride to his seat or did he slink to his seat? Did someone pull him along? Did he crawl? Did he dance to his seat and break out in song? How did Suzumi approach the projector? How did she ‘start’ the slideshow? Did Kazuki collapse into his chair? Did he fall asleep staring at the window or with his head slumped on his desk? Most of the lines in the VN are designed to strip away most detail, detail which could build on character and provide a stronger and more engaging image to the reader.

Maybe Kazuki tried to close the door softly, unnoticed. Or maybe he didn’t care and closed it normally. Maybe as a challenge he slammed the door close, wanting a confrontation with the teacher. Who knows? All we know is it ‘closed’.

'all eyes are on him', did all eyes turn to him and when? Did they turn to him when he entered the room and stay on him, or did they turn to him when he sat down? Did they turn to him collectively, or was it a gradual thing.

So that’s one of the more significant problems with the narration style – a lack of detail which results in a lack of imagery portrayed to the reader. Just quick one line sentences to summarise, instead of narrate, what occurred.

That’s not mentioning the other issues. 'hears a familiar voice' is filtering. Only do so when absolutely necessary in 3rd person close. This isn't the only piece of filtering, either.

‘sits on it’. The words ‘on it’ are redundant, you don’t need them, if he moves to a chair and 'sits', it’s implied that he sits on the chair. Sitting on the floor would be unusual enough that it would need to be explicitly stated. You need to know which pieces of information can (and should) be implied. Other sorts of redundancies are common.

Semi-colons – valid grammatically, but don’t litter your prose with them in fiction. Try and avoid them where you can, actually.

‘After 30 minutes of driving, they reached the restaurant’. Stuff like this is unneeded. It feels as though you’re just rushing to get to the good bits. Just end the scene at the previous line, and start the next scene half an hour later. Obviously nothing of note occurred in the car during the journey, so there’s no need to describe it, even with a one-liner. Not to mention it’s written in past tense, and the rest is in present tense.

Also, the narration only ever chooses one or two pieces of the action, or scenery, to describe in addition to not describing those bits in detail. So you're not getting a detailed picture at all when you read it.

So your narration has issues. It’s one of the biggest things you may want to fix. That being said a high quality narration isn’t required for VNs, I’m just letting you know it’s at a fairly low quality atm.

Good luck :) Hmmm ... as a writer I wonder if it would be appropriate for me to fawn over the artwork. It's really quite nice. Suzumi's sprite is my favourite, so far.

On 3/4/2016 at 4:47 PM, Yuriyuri said:

I love Aki's bubbly and happy character. She is so cute. If you can, could you pass my compliments on to her VA for me? <33 Her VA has a sweet voice. And this is coming from a girl gamer. ^^

Hai! Message had been send :)

On 3/4/2016 at 4:41 PM, Chihiro said:

I don't believe Aki is basically an airhead. She was portrayed as a very outspoken, happy, albeit a bit clueless. Overall, an innocent girl, and that is how I see her VA portraying her in the demo. Anyhow, I thought the voices were definitely one of the highlights of the game. =) 

I don't think you should omit 3rd person view. I personally find 1st person writing more restrictive. Everything is written how the main character sees things, and other characters personalities and actions are also diminished/watered down in the process. Anyhow, just stating my point. I believe you guys are doing a great job and will deliver an awesome game in the end.

I am sorry. I only suggested leaving Indiegogo funding on at the same time because I saw The Letter development team (and others) did that and thought it might help. But I agree; doing that will reflect badly on the team and project. I look forward to the kick-starter!

^^" we still learning how "people of West" action and thinking, its really hard lesson for us but we still trying our best! Thank you for kind words that mean a lot for us!

15 hours ago, IGRASILSTUDIO said:

^^" we still learning how "people of West" action and thinking, its really hard lesson for us but we still trying our best! Thank you for kind words that mean a lot for us!

I know what you mean! I have a hard time with how some people perceives things, too. Being Japanese/Korean, it can be a bit confusing. Culture differences and all. It can't be helped.

No problem! Best of luck with Bloody Chronicles. I have also sent you a private message of encouragement. Hope it helps. I plan on backing your project when the funding is available!

6 hours ago, Chihiro said:

I know what you mean! I have a hard time with how some people perceives things, too. Being Japanese/Korean, it can be a bit confusing. Culture differences and all. It can't be helped.

No problem! Best of luck with Bloody Chronicles. I have also sent you a private message of encouragement. Hope it helps. I plan on backing your project when the funding is available!

Thank you! :)

Posting this review for my good friend, Lyra. She will probably post this on prefundia too.

Dear Igrasil team,
This is Lyra from prefundia. I hope you remember me? I apologize for not responding to your reply there. I am trying to meet deadline with my own projects at this time. But rest assure, I have heard news of your demo and have proceeded to spread the news to other devs and coworkers about Bloody Chronicles. I even took the liberty of trying out your demo 2 nights ago, and I am intrigued and impressed by it.
One of the major factors that draw me to your game was the art. The art is beautiful and I was admiring every sprite, every hand drawn detail during my play through. I love the art. I love all the sprites, but my favorites will have to be Aki and Kaoru because they are so adorable. =) I tend to lean toward cute characters, so I may be baised here. Oh, who am I kidding? I LOVE ALL THE SPRITES! 
GUI design and music is equally fantastic. I do think however, that some music choices could be a bit different. For example, when Kazuki enters the meeting room and sufferings some verbal slaps from Suzumi, the music could have been something more subtle, less heroic feeling. But this is just a personal observation of mine, more nit-picking than anything. Frankly, I am a fan of the music used here and enjoyed every bit of it. 
Story plot and writing was strong for the most part. There were certainly some grammatical issues throughout the game (though it is expected. I'm sure this is noted by your team, and you will have it polished up for the full release) The interchanging perspectives from 1st and 3rd person may cause some confusion for readers. I would suggest picking just one style and sticking with it. Any descriptions can be leave to voice actors/SFX to act it out for you. It is up to you which perspective you would want to use because any style can work for your game. This is where writing strengths will be applied. 
Lastly, the bonus aspect of any visual novel (that often gets overlooked or unrecognized in my opinion), the voice-acting. Now I have expressed my adoration for the voices on prefundia already, I believe. And that has not changed, in the least. 
I'm a little sad that Kazuki does not have a voice, but I understand why you guys left it that way. A lot of players like the protagonist not voiced so they can be the ones to voice him/her and really immense themselves in the character's shoes and feel what the character goes through in every situation. So, good move there, really.
Akito's VA - I am sure John Archer is a great voice actor and for the most part, he did a great job as Akito. He's got Akito's goofy character down and his deliveries are pretty great for the most part. Occasionally though, some of his lines come off as too quiet; his voice would trail off or he end up slighly mumbling a word or two. There were also times I felt his lines were a tad forced. He is doing great though, and I look forward to hearing more of Akito.
Suzumi/Kaoru's VA - I have started to check out Skyler's and Sayaka's voice work since they were announced for your game, and I am very impressed with their work (from what I have seen/played), so I was really expecting a stellar performance from Skyler here. And she is doing a spectacular job so far, for both Kaoru and Suzumi. Great voices for both. I have to mention that Skyler does sound like she is reading her lines sometimes, so I hope she will keep note of that. She has great deliveries. 
Aki's VA - Like I said; I have been looking into Sayaka's voice work, and like Skyler, I came into this with great expectations. Sayaka is doing a spectacular job as well. I think Sayaka's voice hits the right note of innocence; being cute, but not overly so. She sounds so happy for the most part that I end up giggling. Great deliveries from her, too.
David? - He sounds great! Audio quality was a bit questionable, but I don't know if this was just a person from the development team voicing a fun commentary, but I like the voice. =)Overall, I thought the voice-overs were really great. Sayaka's Aki and Skyler's Suzumi were my personal favorites. I do hope that the occasional side characters also be voiced, to keep things consistent. I do notice that John pronounces Aki's name differently from everone else, so you might want to make note of that. Keep pronounciations consistent.
Audio definitely needs some polishing as well. Akito's lines are awfully quiet.
I guess that is all I have to say for now. Keep up the wonderful work and be sure to polish the story up. =) 

We here at Igrasil Studio are so happy that we've reached nearly 10,000 dollars within the week! You guys are the best! Thanks for your support and kind words in the last 6 days.
We're going to share some concept sketches from our special beach episodes (which will be made once we get the proper stretch goals done.) If you're fans of Aki or Kaoru, you're in for a treat with this update!  

d0d3dc8f8ea9b040b21037e333a91119_origina

Thanks for reading and stay awesome everyone!

Also for those you forgot, please support our Thunderclap:
http://thndr.me/ApiHgn

7 hours ago, IGRASILSTUDIO said:

We here at Igrasil Studio are so happy that we've reached nearly 10,000 dollars within the week! You guys are the best! Thanks for your support and kind words in the last 6 days.
We're going to share some concept sketches from our special beach episodes (which will be made once we get the proper stretch goals done.) If you're fans of Aki or Kaoru, you're in for a treat with this update!  

d0d3dc8f8ea9b040b21037e333a91119_origina

Thanks for reading and stay awesome everyone!

Also for those you forgot, please support our Thunderclap:
http://thndr.me/ApiHgn

Oh my...<3

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to announce our partnership with MangaGamer! In addition to the help of MikandiJapan, the three of us are going to work together and bring more Japanese visual novels to the West! Banzai!

Lastly, here's an interview that we recently conducted with them about our game. Enjoy some more news about the future of Bloody Chronicles!"

You mention the main character Kazuki can form relationships with NPCs. Can you elaborate on this? Does this mean the player can form love relationships? Can relationships be made regardless of gender?

– Correct, Kazuki can have relationships with other Igrasil members like Suzumi, Aki, Kaoru and even Akito. Many users asking us for adult content (H content). Like we said before, we are always listening to our users and we will start our work on Adult Version of Bloody Chronicles. 

You mention the game will be made in 3 installments; are all these going to be funded this time or will there be three different funding opportunities

– The current campaign will fund the first release, "New Cycle of Death." We are hopeful that through this initial funding drive we can create the first act and receive future funding through sales of the game.

You mention the first part will be released in March 2017, but how much of the game is left to make? Will the other parts take as long to be released? 

-Our estimated release for Act 1 is next March. You can view our progress here:http://bloodychronicles.com/project-statusIf all goes according to plan, we're hoping to release Act 2 (Revenge) December 2017 and act 3 (Last Order) by October 2018. It's going to be a wild ride!

With a Japanese style visual novel game it seems odd to have English voice actors. Can you explain how you came to use English voice actors?

-To be honest, what we're doing is a bit unorthodox; while most of our team is located in Japan, we're focusing our efforts in the western market. Likewise, we wanted to reach out to English voice actors to fit our localization; they were very kind and offered their services wholeheartedly. We also wanted to try something else with the voice acting, to gauge how western audiences would see a visual novel that was catered towards them rather than Japanese audiences.

How many different paths are possible in the game and how much do they actually affect the player’s progress or change the story?

–There will be five unique "paths", one for each of the cast excluding the main character, plus one "dark" ending. We made the paths unique, so that you won't know the true story just playing through once, much like visual novels with branches. 
We've spent a year researching serial killers, how they work, and why it takes a while for police to catch them, if at all (such as the case of the zodiac killer.)

The story in the demo is a little confusing. For instance, as detectives do they work for, with, or independently from the police?

– Well, the demo was meant to establish the game engine as well as the UI, so we apologize if there was any confusion. There were a lot of things cut, such dialogue trees, since we're still working on those. In this universe, the organization is independent from the police, and they have funding through the Moriyama family. 
This means they don't have to be cooperative if the situation calls for it. However, there are a couple of characters who have ties to the police, so it's in their best interests to work together.

80 hours seems like a lot of time to fill with just the Phantom case, what else will happen in Bloody Chronicles? 

80 hours is an estimate, so just take it with a grain of salt. The overarching narrative involves the Phantom as well as his effect on the other characters; almost everyone has a different motivation for capturing the killer. We're hoping that the series will captivate players by going through the multiple endings (which will be vastly different from each other.) These different branches will explain why Kazuki was spared in that accident that killed his parents, as well as the different murders that are happening while the case is underway.

12 hours ago, IGRASILSTUDIO said:

We would like to announce our partnership with MangaGamer! In addition to the help of MikandiJapan, the three of us are going to work together and bring more Japanese visual novels to the West! Banzai!

Lastly, here's an interview that we recently conducted with them about our game. Enjoy some more news about the future of Bloody Chronicles!"

You mention the main character Kazuki can form relationships with NPCs. Can you elaborate on this? Does this mean the player can form love relationships? Can relationships be made regardless of gender?

– Correct, Kazuki can have relationships with other Igrasil members like Suzumi, Aki, Kaoru and even Akito. Many users asking us for adult content (H content). Like we said before, we are always listening to our users and we will start our work on Adult Version of Bloody Chronicles. 

You mention the game will be made in 3 installments; are all these going to be funded this time or will there be three different funding opportunities

– The current campaign will fund the first release, "New Cycle of Death." We are hopeful that through this initial funding drive we can create the first act and receive future funding through sales of the game.

You mention the first part will be released in March 2017, but how much of the game is left to make? Will the other parts take as long to be released? 

-Our estimated release for Act 1 is next March. You can view our progress here:http://bloodychronicles.com/project-statusIf all goes according to plan, we're hoping to release Act 2 (Revenge) December 2017 and act 3 (Last Order) by October 2018. It's going to be a wild ride!

With a Japanese style visual novel game it seems odd to have English voice actors. Can you explain how you came to use English voice actors?

-To be honest, what we're doing is a bit unorthodox; while most of our team is located in Japan, we're focusing our efforts in the western market. Likewise, we wanted to reach out to English voice actors to fit our localization; they were very kind and offered their services wholeheartedly. We also wanted to try something else with the voice acting, to gauge how western audiences would see a visual novel that was catered towards them rather than Japanese audiences.

How many different paths are possible in the game and how much do they actually affect the player’s progress or change the story?

–There will be five unique "paths", one for each of the cast excluding the main character, plus one "dark" ending. We made the paths unique, so that you won't know the true story just playing through once, much like visual novels with branches. 
We've spent a year researching serial killers, how they work, and why it takes a while for police to catch them, if at all (such as the case of the zodiac killer.)

The story in the demo is a little confusing. For instance, as detectives do they work for, with, or independently from the police?

– Well, the demo was meant to establish the game engine as well as the UI, so we apologize if there was any confusion. There were a lot of things cut, such dialogue trees, since we're still working on those. In this universe, the organization is independent from the police, and they have funding through the Moriyama family. 
This means they don't have to be cooperative if the situation calls for it. However, there are a couple of characters who have ties to the police, so it's in their best interests to work together.

80 hours seems like a lot of time to fill with just the Phantom case, what else will happen in Bloody Chronicles? 

80 hours is an estimate, so just take it with a grain of salt. The overarching narrative involves the Phantom as well as his effect on the other characters; almost everyone has a different motivation for capturing the killer. We're hoping that the series will captivate players by going through the multiple endings (which will be vastly different from each other.) These different branches will explain why Kazuki was spared in that accident that killed his parents, as well as the different murders that are happening while the case is underway.

This is good news

You seem to have a lot of plans for this, I wish you good luck

Lookin' forward to more