I Prefer Muv-Luv High School Setting Over Alternative.

mitchhamilton

Pretty much what the title says. I just like the characters in their high school setting over them in alt. for instance, their quirks are more tolerable in HSS (<-- abbreviation for High school setting) since there are no life threatening situations going on. like with that one character who seems she couldnt care less about whats going on around her. plus the Alt endings are mostly the same. not gonna spoil how they are the same, but there is barely any difference in the endings. AND once youre done with the HSS one, youre done. no more story, no sequels, its over. you dont have to wait for the sequel to come out to find out what happens next.

anyways thats my opinion on it. what are your thoughts?

If I sit a hardcore Babylon 5 fan in front of Muv Luv Alternative they would eat that shit up and ask for more, even after throwing up five times. If I tried sitting someone who only watches, eh I don't know, Lifetime movies in front of Alternative they would probably complain that it isn't helping them sleep.... The point to my incredibly vague and confusing analogy is that people obviously have different tastes and look for different things for entertainment. 

So there really isn't much to discuss here, if you like sliceoflife/romcom more than sciencefiction/actionadventure of course you are going to like Extra more that Alternative. 

wait are you referring to muv luv unlimited or alternative? they are in the same setting or same "world" but there is a huge difference between those 2 (im saying this because of your comment about the different endings which happens on unlimited only not alternative). So I don't know if you are referring to the BETA world or actually the vns. 

But if you actually enjoyed the difference between those peaceful days and over the chaos days on the BETA world then the writers of the novel achieved their goal, in the end what you actually enjoyed more depends on your tastes, liking the school slice of life part over the war parts is not rare.

I prefer 'HSS' too. Although my favourite part is Altered Fable, which I read, obviously, after Alternative and I welcomed all those happy moments from AF with big grin, after what was happening in, overall better VN - Alternative.

Still I found MLExtra pretty hilarious. Probably only common route in Majikoi made me laugh so hard at it's jokes, as did Muv Luv Extra.
I know there is not much to it, it's not long, lacrosse segment might get boring (if you read it for a 2nd-6th time, instead of using skip :P ), but some 'routes' are pretty 'not VNish' (Ayamine and her ex boyfriend. ex boyfriend!) and enjoyable. Can't wait for a Degica release, so I would read it all again. :)

Prefer story focused vn's honestly, rather than characters or moe focused ones.. So can't say I agree with you. Muv luv unlimited was a pain to read. Lacrosse or mechs anyone?

Honestly your tastes are pretty normal. Loads of people enjoy the HSS setting. It's more about taste than anything :D