Danganronpa Discussion Thread

Eclipsed

i might go to technical for this but ill try here first.

you know that text box issue i was describing earlier? yeeeeeaaaah it came back. anyone got any suggestions? what happens is just the text box acts really bizarre at almost every line. not sure which ones it doesnt act up on for now but its most of the time. the beginning of the text will dissapear until the text is done. sometimes the mouse icon on the right of the text box will be spread out in the box until the text is done. also some crap happens before i play the game. the options at the main menu will switch for half a second which is usaully triggered by scrolling between the options. im certain these are all connected.

my video options are

Renderer: Direct 3d9. if its not on this option it will crash right away.

window mode: fullscreen

anti-aliasing: none. not sure what this does.

resolution: 1280x720. my screen is 1680x1050 but i made it smaller to see if that might help. it did not.

and the two bottom options are checked. again, not sure what they do.

any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Hah.

1) Kirigiri Kyoko
2) Celeste L
3) Toko:

Hide contents

No, not really Toko. Genocide Jill of course. Toko would be like the last one.

But whole cast is really good. :D

holy shit

that kind aligns with what I think lol (though celes is a teeeeeny bit higher)

Agreed that

Spoiler

Toko without Genocider is trash

just finished my first trial. i did amazing except for that last bit. whats it called again? where you got dots. gotta admit, that came right the f*** outta no where. I dont know about you guys, but i knew right away who did it simple because

Spoiler

of the message that was left behind. in no way did it look like numbers to me.

im not really a big fan of the trial gameplay. it feels like a simpler version of phoenix wright. except in phoenix wright they realized players need to take their time with the game without penalty. sure it adds a layer of urgency but i would like the timer without the fast text that doesnt punish you if you slow down. alos you have to hit the text right otherwise you are penalized. also as i was saying this before about the last part of the trial where you gotta match the dots. F*** that game mechanic. F*** it right up the hole. this is the last bit of the trial and the suspect is standing there shouting nothing but "Youre stupid" "you have no proof" "youre wasting your time" you spend like 20 minutes building a solid case against the accused and then they revert to spouting random crap and somehow everyone then blames you just because you dont get the dumb gameplay mechanic right? WTF!? thats so dumb. everything leading up to that was great though.

If you didn't like Danganronpa's Class Trials, run away now, the rest of the game will be the same stuff. Class Trials were the best part for me, and fortunately I haven't Ace Attorney'ed so I'm free from any comparison traps

Bullet Time Battles are ezzz :yumiko:

Good on you for understanding 11037, i was too stoopid so I didn't see that until it was explicitly stated :nervous: 

Just now, Eclipsed said:

If you didn't like Danganronpa's Class Trials, run away now, the rest of the game will be the same stuff. Class Trials were the best part for me, and fortunately I haven't Ace Attorney'ed so I'm free from any comparison traps

Bullet Time Battles are ezzz :yumiko:

too bad im committed now. gotta find out how it all ends. which one was bullet time? was that the one where you had to point out where a statement was false? yeah thats easy but again, i dont like that it can go by fast and if your not careful you can wind up shooting at the wrong thing.

Bullet Time Battle is that dot matching rhythm game :P . You'll get better at it. But yeah, that was sadly one aspect that the devs prioritized for gameplay. In reality it's supposed to simulate you and your opponent debating 1v1 in a super-fast rhythm but it kinda kills it with all the "you're stupid" and "you have no proof" spamming <_<

As for the Non-Stop Debates (shoot false statements), they'll introduce a Bullet Time(like saying that word alot huh :holo: )  / Slow Down Time effect later so that should help.

3 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Bullet Time Battle is that dot matching rhythm game :P . You'll get better at it.

As for the Non-Stop Debates (shoot false statements), they'll introduce a Bullet Time(like saying that word alot huh :holo: )  / Slow Down Time effect later so that should help.

oh ok. yeah that was hell just cause it felt fast paced and came out of no where. ill try not to use slow down time as much as possible cause i think its a little cheap, plus you get penalized for it. btw, about the first case

Spoiler

i was sad to learn that Sayaka died. :( even if she mightve tried to betray the mc, i still :(

57 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Good on you for understanding 11037, i was too stoopid so I didn't see that until it was explicitly stated :nervous: 

really? thats really surprising. it was very obvious as soon as i saw it. what gave it away was

Spoiler

that 11 looked more like an N with its middle line cut out. it did throw me a little since it flipped 180 degrees but i figured it out. as soon as i did i was like "Leon, I'm coming for your a**!" :saber: and not in a sexy way. :illya:

Yup. I don't tend to think too much when I read :ryuusui: 

Was never able to deduce anything in Danganronpa, Zero Escape, Kara no Shoujo.... Well, maybe one or two things. Don't remember :wafuu: 

That's probably why i always get so mindblown and why all of them are the top rated shit in my VNDB @ 8.5+

ok, the second trial just went into recess and i had to quit so i can eat. now this game is throwing more bs at me. wtf is this flashback bullets and white noise crap? I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!!!! of course if they didnt throw all this crap at you, it would be too easy. they literally throw the questions at you while you hold the answers, its just a matter of knowing when to use them. they literally let you know the possible correct answer by highlighting them. this is why phoenix wright lets you have a look at all the dialogue and you have to find the lies yourself without highlighting them.

anywho, as i said, i am in the middle of the second trial and im just gonna call it now. i have no way of proving if what i say is true, its just speculation at this point, but

Spoiler

chihiro is a boy. im basing this on her/him getting along with boys and wanting to get stronger. also, he/she never went to train with sakura or aoi because he/she knew she couldnt go into the girls locker room without becoming soup by the gatlin guns. next prediction, it was the biker guy. im really just basing this on the fact that he was the strongest guy in the school and chihiro wanted to learn how to be like him. thats it. wouldnt be surprised if i was wrong. at first i thought it was toko who suffered from a split personality (btw, called it before we even left the library the first time) but it didnt add up as to how toko was able to go in the guys locker room.

On 2/26/2016 at 7:56 AM, Eclipsed said:

Vita's awesome, poor scumbags /s

But yeah, Mikan's definitely one of my super favs

No reason for the /s there.

8 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

ok, the second trial just went into recess and i had to quit so i can eat. now this game is throwing more bs at me. wtf is this flashback bullets and white noise crap? I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!!!! of course if they didnt throw all this crap at you, it would be too easy. they literally throw the questions at you while you hold the answers, its just a matter of knowing when to use them. they literally let you know the possible correct answer by highlighting them. this is why phoenix wright lets you have a look at all the dialogue and you have to find the lies yourself without highlighting them.

anywho, as i said, i am in the middle of the second trial and im just gonna call it now. i have no way of proving if what i say is true, its just speculation at this point, but

Hide contents

chihiro is a boy. im basing this on her/him getting along with boys and wanting to get stronger. also, he/she never went to train with sakura or aoi because he/she knew she couldnt go into the girls locker room without becoming soup by the gatlin guns. next prediction, it was the biker guy. im really just basing this on the fact that he was the strongest guy in the school and chihiro wanted to learn how to be like him. thats it. wouldnt be surprised if i was wrong. at first i thought it was toko who suffered from a split personality (btw, called it before we even left the library the first time) but it didnt add up as to how toko was able to go in the guys locker room.

UPUPUPUPUPUPUPU

:upupu: 

well, just got done with the second chapter and i pretty much predicted everything. i dont know why, its not like im smart or anything. its just speculation. i thought for a while it might be

Spoiler

the guy with the huge hair that got possessed or something, but then i decided "Alright, im gonna stop guessing who it is and stick with one person" and decided on the biker guy simply because if chihiro wanted to train with someone, it would be him.

i still think its dumb that if you get something wrong, everyone thinks it was you that killed the person, despite there being absolutely no evidence to support that. but i guess they had to do it this way since if there is a point where all the characters believe its this one person the trial wont end prematurely. and again, i hate the stupid bs they throw at you in trial. white noise is probably the dumbest. i just imagine makoto standing there in the room going "I can't find the truth! There's too many words!!" while everyone is just looking at him like a crazy person.

also truth bullet, why is that not instant? i hate that i fire at something and i miss because the text switches. so i have to skip all the dialogue, go back to the beginning, and skip until i see the text again and pray i dont hold skip for too long and miss it. you see, this is why other games *cough cough phoenix wright cough cough* have it so the player can go through the text at a leisurely pace while still being challenging. here, there is no challenge. you have all this evidence at hand but you can only use a few at a time so it increases your chances of getting the right answer. then it throws crap at the screen to make it difficult. any challenge can be more difficult if you throw needless crap at the player, that doesnt make the challenge itself difficult.