A new lets player/hitogotchi

Imotato

Hi I am new to the visual novel community but I like them a lot. I plan on uploading a bunch of visual novel lets plays on my channel such as Danganronpa and Steins;Gate. I uploaded an indie visual novel as my first visual novel and I was wondering if some of you guys could check it out and give me some feedback. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btE7bAIeL4Y Thanks :)

9 minutes ago, dexatq said:

Why is exactly your face necessary? I have never understood that. Most idiotic thing in these new let's plays especially annoying in story driven games.

Well, facecam is a plus, when you're playing a game, where things actually happen.

Like in action games, but this is Visual Novels, so I think facecam is rather redundant.

6 hours ago, Kanbe said:

Your commentary and face annoys me.

:vinty: ...

Erhem, anyways. So for the Steins;gate etc you are looking at a really long VN. How exactly would you handle that? Would you actually play the entire thing and make a large amount of episodes, or  would you be cutting out "trivial" parts to keep it more mdoerate length wise?

I think keeping the entierty of a VN playthrough might be a little stale, as its a book, so it has "boring" parts. During this, I can see it being hard to commentate and you might end up just sitting there in silence.

2 hours ago, Arcadeotic said:

Well, facecam is a plus, when you're playing a game, where things actually happen.

Like in action games, but this is Visual Novels, so I think facecam is rather redundant.

That may be the case indeed

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

:vinty: ...

Erhem, anyways. So for the Steins;gate etc you are looking at a really long VN. How exactly would you handle that? Would you actually play the entire thing and make a large amount of episodes, or  would you be cutting out "trivial" parts to keep it more mdoerate length wise?

I think keeping the entierty of a VN playthrough might be a little stale, as its a book, so it has "boring" parts. During this, I can see it being hard to commentate and you might end up just sitting there in silence.

Not only that but keeping the audience interested for that long of a time lapse will prove hard to do...for the commentary not to grow stale or the pace of it to be slowed you'd have to come up with a certain type of entertaining commentary or something to aid you and lift it up a notch

23 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

That may be the case indeed

Not only that but keeping the audience interested for that long of a time lapse will prove hard to do...for the commentary not to grow stale or the pace of it to be slowed you'd have to come up with a certain type of entertaining commentary or something to aid you and lift it up a notch

We'll you could always go the queen banshee route and scream random nonsense and see your views and subs go to millions

So after I actually watched the video and experiencing the 3 second intro for no reason.

Getting a little description of the game was good.

Talking about the breeder of banshees herself was less good.

Speaking about nothing relevant to the game was worse.

Your "voice acting" was terrible which made me just skip most of the video.

Then at the end listening to more nothingness to reeeeeeeally stretch the video length.

But seeing that queen banshee pie hater has 42mil subscribers you are probably ok.

Went ahead and watched the video, left a comment on the video itself as well, but to sum up: The girl voice... Please. No :wahaha:

Overall its fairly entertaining to watch, though you dont need to read out every line; people can read it themselves. Focus more on reactions to what is happening and stuff like that.

Also, for other VN games, setting the text speed to instant isnt a bad idea. That way you wont happen to accidentaly click the screen and skip a piece of dialouge because you wanted the text to appear instantly.

Most of these VNs seem to think we read incredibly slowly :makina:

Well that's a way to treat a newcomer I guess.

Setting aside the amount shitposts this thread is getting, I don't really have much positive things to say after watching your video.

To be honest, it was cringe worthy to watch with all that forceful and trying to be funny character that you put on in the video. The voice acting was...was not good....please refrain from doing that again.

And that face cam was not helpful at all. I was mostly distracted by those eye bags of yours rather than watching the actual video or the commentary. If you're going to show your face to the world then you should probably look clean and fresh in front of the camera ya? 

Anyway, you should listen to Dergonu's advice and fix on what Dexatq pointed out and I can see you improving in no time.

Regarding the videos, they need more personality and "showmanship" and you need a brand new haircut. I noticed that most people who do Let's play videos have some interesting feature like a beard or a hat or some wacky shirt or just good looking in general. For girl streamers, showing off "assets" like what Kaceytron does seems to be effective (although in her case, it's more the trolling and bitchy attitude). 

Also I agree with Dergonu about not reading each line. You will bore the audience that way especially if they are fast readers. A good number of your viewers most likely have heard or read the VN before, so you should focus more on getting their attention through your "performance", rather than just showing off the VN and reading the obvious. 

Guudluck!

Though, you'll probably have better luck with a LP of some of the newer VNs.  I mean, you said you were gonna do Danganronpa, but there's like at least 2 other LPs of Dangan on Youtube, and one of them, if not both, are finished.  Same thing with Stein's Gate, that's been out for quite a while >.<

Thanks for all the advice everyone. There are a lot of posts so I can reply them individuality but I did get a lot from the feedback provided

.While I do plan on keeping the facecam I am going to make it a bit smaller and a little less in the way. Also I try to find something that makes my facecam "unique"

. I won't read every line of the text anymore and I will focus on putting on more of a performance with my reactions.

. I will be getting a haircut soon. Thanks for the advice lol.

. I will definitely try to play newer and more relevant games but since the Danganronpa steam port is coming out in a few hours I think I will still follow through with that. But I will be dropping Steins;Gate for sure.

. I won't talk as much before and after the game is being played.

. I will try to make my videos shorter for now on.

. Also the biggest suggestion I got was "No more girl voice!" and yeah don't worry that was for one video only.

Thanks for all the advice and I look forward to posting more and being an active part of this awesome community :)

EDIT- One thing I forgot that I wanted to ask about is my intro. I put that in as a kind of random funny thing to make me a little different but if it's annoying I won't put it in anymore.