Two OELVN works that i liked; looking for similar creations

lath

Re:Maid

https://vndb.org/v18890

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/669567

Crusoe had it easy

https://vndb.org/v17982

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/660850

I can't explain well what i'm looking for exactly, so if you don't understand,  try the games out and you might find some examples.

- first of all, choices; lots and lots of choices; the more, the merrier (i would've liked more here, but they're small games)

- i liked the college(school) life setting with extracurricular events and choosing whether to go or who to bring

- i liked having more than one way of dealing with a heroine ( from good to bad, the maid you can sweet talk, tease, argue, get her drunk and/or rape)

- multiple endings; i like to be surprised. For novels with only one ending, the choices become meaningless.

- normal/average setting; nothing too out there whether it's drama, comedy or whatever else (My GF is the President is nice, but i felt no attraction towards replaying it)

- though i'm a horny bastard, i can enjoy even those without sexual content

- from the Crusoe one, incest is optional. Also, i liked the isolated, shipwrecked, island setting

- i prefer uncensored content if possible, at least for the female parts (i dread the day i'll start dreaming of pixelated naked women)

Don't know what else... So yeah, multiple ways of dealing with the heroines, maybe tackling all of the routes at the same time if there are more than one heroine, which is not necessary, and nothing too extreme.

As a runner-up, i got a smaller work as an example:

https://kuroonehalf.itch.io/cuttlebone

Unfortunately, it's a small kinetic novel, but i like the idea itself and how much more it could be expanded.

Also, although i prefer translated original western novels, if you believe it's good enough, i have Visual Novel Reader as a translation tool.

Thank you and let me know if i'm too demanding or too vague.

12 minutes ago, Tyrael said:

Are these all the VN's you have read so far? I could rec you a ton of 'intro' VN's but it'd be useful to know what you have already read :)

You know, i really can't give any titles from memory. I can only say what i have now and hope it's any good.

I got a few from various  indie sites and a bunch from http://games.renpy.org/ , though i forgot some of them...

Sakura Swim Club - read it; it's less visual, more kinetic novel. Are its related Sakura games the same or different?

Mizuki Island - no idea what it is, i just know it's a shipwreck scenario.

Homeward - don't know much, it's supposed to be slice of life.

Kagerou Love Project - i think it's a college setting with multiple romance options

Something's in the Air - western work in a city setting

Student Transfer - school setting, new guy in town

Valentine's Rush - first crush, western setting

We love Master - random grab. I assume i won't like it.

Star Ocean First Departure - if it counts, though... not really

Beach Bounce - options and the beach, don't know more.

Natsu no Last Resort - don't remember the full name, but i was thinking of getting it; supposedly it's a beach house setting with plenty of story, but i don't know the details.

Wanko to Kurasou - supposedly a warm slice of life between an owner and a pet

Tokyo School Life - new town, new school, new life

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru - saw the anime a long time ago; thought i'd see how the novel is different.

Everlasting Summer - russian summer camp novel; i'm interested because i have no idea what a russian summer camp is like.

Amorous Professor Cherry - was told it has a school setting and many choices.

Bazooka Cafe - part of a translated pack

Divine Slice of Life - seemed popular

Majikoi S - saw the anime; found this to be translated and grabbed it.

Heartache 101 - make your own sim and has a good story itself.

My GF is the President -  read it; very japanese.

These are the ones i remember to have read or are still unread. I got most of them from vndb. Other than most of the western works and the ones already read, i don't know what they're about. I grabbed them by the tags and visually pleasing cover.

40 minutes ago, Valmore said:

Just be like every one else here and read Katawa Shoujo. Problem solved.

I know of it, i have a good feeling about it, but i can't bring myself to actually read it. I think i'm placing it on an altar and don't want to set it aside...

36 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Maybe Princess Evangile?

I'd suggest Hoshizora no Memoria

Thank you. I'll place them on my 'to have' list.

19 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Yuuup i agree with these, also maybe Noble Works aswell and If it's an OELVN Katawa Shoujo...probably everyone here or close to that has read it and it's great

I didn't get what Noble Works was the first time i read about it and ignored it, but on a second notice, it might be interesting.

Katawa Shoujo, i've read about it everywhere and... i don't wanna cry... But thank you anyway

1 minute ago, Silvz said:

You don't want Japanese? You're losing all the glory. If you really don't want something japanese-ish, there are some great VNs that don't take Japan as scenario and may be of your like.

It's not that i don't want Japanese... I just can't learn the language and MTL loses much in translation. I can look at pretty pictures, but can't enjoy words i don't understand.

Eroge are ok in this regard when they're all sex, but for works with a proper story it will be a shame to read without knowing the meanings within.

Just now, Silvz said:

Sorry, I mean, you don't want things that come from Japan?

That was the impression that I got, and why I was asking. Mostly because of the last of your list, probably

Ah no, i said My GF is the President is japanese because i thought it was very representative of japanese otaku culture. The comical situations, the characters, the dialogue.. i couldn't help but feel that the best adjective for the novel is 'japanese'. I doubt any OELVN could come up with the same nuances due to the differences in culture.

7 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

+1 for Everlasting summer. Yeah it is russian, but translated ofc, it is my favorite VN and i am not even russian. The novel is quite a mistery, but the most misterious about it is why do they offer it for free? Hehe

I'm also wondering why it's free, but i won't hold back because of it. Thanks

Alright, imma tackle the options given so far, then imma search on vndb for works with similar tags, then i'm going through all the nominated ones and see what's what. It's going to be a while so... thanks again and cya