Tabletop Games

Tay

Hey, do any of you guys play tabletop games? Things like Dungeons and Dragons, card games, or board games? Sovereign made me realize we haven't talked about this yet. I'd love to hear who plays what and why!

All 3!

Roleplaying: Ctulhu or Shadowrun for mainstream ones, and lots of less known, usually french, titles, with system adaptations, etc... I'm playing with people I've been playing with for 3 years, so our experienced GMs tweak rules and stuff... Although I don't play it that much lately.

Card Games: Used to be an MtG fan, but playing seriously a card game is really time-consuming. And money-consuming.

Board Games: I like a lot deckbuilding ones like Dominion, Ascension, Runeage... Yeah, I love cards in general. But anything is fine though. Usually it's all about crashing into a convention/shop where they have tons of stuff available and randomly playing whatever seems nice.

No figurines, though. The tactical/strategic part seems appealing, but I don't have enough time and money to invest.

I do some tabletop roleplaying, mostly Pathfinder and Marvel Heroics. As for card games, I play a little big of magic, but Yugioh is really more my choice. And while not really traditional, Gloom is an excellent card game that my friends and I always have fun playing. Board games...it varies. I really don't have the patience to sit through a whole game of Monopoly, and a lot of the interesting looking ones run up to $50.

For anyone interested in tabletop gaming though, I would definitely recommend the show "Tabletop" on Youtube, produced by Wil Wheaton.

My friends play a lot of tabletop games, but I don't play as much as I used to. They mostly play european board games I think. My favorite board games I've played to name a few : Smallworld, Cosmic Encounter, Kingsburg, Arkham Horror, Bang!, Dominion. One of my friends has an humongous board game collection.

On the RPG side, I've played mostly DnD and Shadowrun, though I've tried a few others. I'm currently in a game of Pathfinder, but we haven't played in a while since everyone has been busy. I have two books for Scion, but never got to play it. I also got many years ago the "Tenchi Muyo! RPG and Resource Book", but never played it either.

I play MTG occasionaly with a few friends, but I've managed not to buy any new cards since Gatecrash, I've already spent too much on it in the past few years for someone who doesn't do tournament play.

My older brother is a board game addict, he always trying to make me play with him (Well i enjoyed some of his board game though)

I've played bang the bullet, Saboteur, dixit, GoT, warcraft and many other boardgame with him.

For card game I'm playing pokemon in pokemontcg.com many months ago. If i had time i think I'll play it again xD

I'm playing pokemon card games IRL too, but i don't have any partners to play with.

For now me and my friends enjoy playing monopoly deal (Well it's not a new game but we still played it xD)

YUP! I have some small kits for Imperial Gaurd from Warhammer that I've yet to assemble because of time and other hobbies.

I also have a small group of friends and we regularly play board games and table top. This includes D&D, Cards Against Humanity, Risk, Munchkin and I'm trying to convince them to play Arkham Horror.

I play dnd, m:tg, and a few other misc games that i'm not all that serious about.

I used to play yu-gi-oh, but unfortunately, decks nowadays win too fast for my deck to work like it's s'posed to. hoping for support eventually so I can wreak havoc with it yet again, but instead the cards I use keep getting banned without decent replacements printed. unfortunate, because nothing is funnier than the entire room groaning "oh god, not this deck..." after my first game.

Well...I watch Warhammer 40k tabletop replays, unfortunaly thats it, wish I could play it though, but there is not a single store around here that sells the miniatures...my faith in the Emperor has yet to yield any important use...only a few herectics have been BLAM'd...well...one of them just look me weird.....but thats still Chaos worship!

....oh...look where im posting this *sighs* I bet none of you guys have any idea what Im saying...I feel so alone right now =(

Well...I watch Warhammer 40k tabletop replays, unfortunaly thats it, wish I could play it though, but there is not a single store around here that sells the miniatures...my faith in the Emperor has yet to yield any important use...only a few herectics have been BLAM'd...well...one of them just look me weird.....but thats still Chaos worship!

....oh...look where im posting this *sighs* I bet none of you guys have any idea what Im saying...I feel so alone right now =(

I understand... I watch a lot of miniwargaming battle reports :D

• 2 weeks later...

I played an Arkham horror spin-off for the first time yesterday. I liked it, but it's a surprisingly long game. For you guys who have played the real series: do games usually last 2-4 hours?

I've only played a handful of times, but most games I've been in have lasted around 3 hours IIRC. A friend of mine once got stuck on a game that apparently lasted 9 hours. They took pictures of themselves sleeping on the gaming table and of their discouraged faces. :lol: Overall fun game though.

Hey, do any of you guys play tabletop games? Things like Dungeons and Dragons, card games, or board games? Sovereign made me realize we haven't talked about this yet. I'd love to hear who plays what and why!

Wow dungeons and dragons, I remember getting the first Monster Manual as a gift. Still have it actually. Tried playing a couple times but I was never 100% into it. Had a lot of friends that were though. They keep telling me my old books are worth money. I doubt it though but they are in new condition. Well newish

I've been playing a lot of board games lately. Also Dungeons and Dragons.

Pandemic is a really cool co-op game. It's always intense as fuck D: We also play Arkham Horror a lot but it takes approximately a billion hours to play.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been playing a lot of board games lately. Also Dungeons and Dragons.

Pandemic is a really cool co-op game. It's always intense as fuck D: We also play Arkham Horror a lot but it takes approximately a billion hours to play.

And a billion hours to set up. Jesus. We just bought it and were doing a trial run to see how everything sort of plays out and it took forever to set up every little thing.

zk3y.jpg

3x kuribon

3x spirit reaper

2x dark mask

1x unhappy maiden

1x final countdown

1x dark hole

1x heavy storm

3x swords of revealing light

1x one day of peace

3x soul taker

3x upstart goblin

2x ancient forest

1x wall of revealing light

2x torrential tribute

2x mirror force

3x threatening roar

2x scrap-iron scarecrow

3x wobaku

1x solemn judgement

1x gravity bind

2x self-destruct button

build it. play it. watch the entire room immediately groan in annoyance and despair.

the 1x gravity bind can be swapped for 1x ultimate offering for super serious ancient forest/kuribon combo.

*this deck almost plays itself and can be boring, since you almost never play more than one card per turn, if even that. it can be tricky against most tournament decks, would recommend lots of practice before trying to piss off 71 other people.*

3x kuribon

3x spirit reaper

2x dark mask

1x unhappy maiden

1x final countdown

1x dark hole

1x heavy storm

3x swords of revealing light

1x one day of peace

3x soul taker

3x upstart goblin

2x ancient forest

1x wall of revealing light

2x torrential tribute

2x mirror force

3x threatening roar

2x scrap-iron scarecrow

3x wobaku

1x solemn judgement

1x gravity bind

2x self-destruct button

build it. play it. watch the entire room immediately groan in annoyance and despair.

the 1x gravity bind can be swapped for 1x ultimate offering for super serious ancient forest/kuribon combo.

*this deck almost plays itself and can be boring, since you almost never play more than one card per turn, if even that. it can be tricky against most tournament decks, would recommend lots of practice before trying to piss off 71 other people.*

If you aren't siding MST/Dust Tornado, you die to Royal Decree :3

Good enough to annoy tier 1 dragons tho lol

If you aren't siding MST/Dust Tornado, you die to Royal Decree :3

Good enough to annoy tier 1 dragons tho lol

I have yet to run into a deck that mains or boards royal decree, or at least one that has activated it against me. jinzo pops up every once and again, but I have never seen a royal decree in the years since I build this deck. I don't see it being that big of an issue though, because this deck still does it's job with jinzo out. the spells/monsters stick around enough that stopping my traps hurts but rarely kills me. I should post my board too though, which uses wild tornado over mst/dt. wild tornado blowouts after a heavy storm tickle me pink.

2x messenger of peace

1x tsukuyomi

1x ultimate offering

3x wild tornado

2x lightning vortex

2x a cat of ill omen

1x scrap-iron scarecrow

2x the dark door

1x card destruction

tsukuyomi in this board? that's right, timmy. because tsukuyomi with Mask of Darkness and Wobaku is the dumbest thing ever.

the deck also only cost about $15 to build, since I got a lot of the more expensive staples, mirror force/solemn, when they first came out in structure decks and were selling on the webs for 50 cents each.