Windows 10 Font Issues.

Good day,

I've recently run into a strange issue, after a recent windows 10 update, where all of my fonts got messed up. This applies to both English and Japanese text, and only seems to have occurred for visual novels.

Anyone got a fix for this?

Here's an example of what I mean; these are some random VN I opened.

Edit: As you can see, the spacing is off for the English, and the very top of the Japanese text appears to be cut off. Some of it also feels like its a bit misaligned.

eb2f72e6ff.jpg

Edit: Some stuff is still normal, like Grisaia. I'm assuming its a font issue? But I'm not so sure what the hell the update did to my fonts.

Edited by SupremeTentacle

How about uninstalling the windows update? And restart the computer.
Or reinstall the fonts provided (in some VN english patches)

i had that issue and got fixed when i installed the supplementary font pack on the lenguage settings now i have no issue with any Vn, in win 10 you don't have to install the fonts separately rather go to the lenguage settings and download the supplementary font pack for japanese if you haven't already

How about uninstalling the windows update? And restart the computer.
Or reinstall the fonts provided (in some VN english patches)

i had that issue and got fixed when i installed the supplementary font pack on the lenguage settings now i have no issue with any Vn, in win 10 you don't have to install the fonts separately rather go to the lenguage settings and download the supplementary font pack for japanese if you haven't already

Do this.

Also, most Japanese VNs use MS Gothic (MS ゴシック), so if you can change fonts, use that one.

• 7 months later...