Would you be interested in list of all translation groups?

Okami

Do you think I should make one?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think I should make one?

This poll is closed to new votes

I was thinking of making list of all groups that do VN translation separated by fan groups and localization groups and how much titles they released, when they started doing translations as well as are they still active or not and maybe some more info. If there is enough people interested I will start making this list in next few days and work on it when I have time until it is completed.

So are you interested in seeing this list? If yes what info would you like to see in it?

I'd say go for it, but without the front site ever getting updated, it feels so pointless. All of the awesome lists we have on the forums need to be implemented on the front page, and I want to see that happen.

I agree. I am not sure why front page is not getting any updates but maybe we could discus this with moderation and see if something can be done about it. True because of my absence I don't really know who holds the authority around here those days.

Edited by Okami

I agree. I am not sure why front page is not getting any updates but maybe we could discus this with moderation and see if something can be done about it. True because of my absence I don't really know who holds the authority around here those days.

Because the one who owns the thing does not want to. As simple as that.

Because the one who owns the thing does not want to. As simple as that.

lol

I'd say go for it, but without the front site ever getting updated, it feels so pointless. All of the awesome lists we have on the forums need to be implemented on the front page, and I want to see that happen.

It's not progressing because there's nobody anymore to actually code the front site, which also puts on hold other attempts at redesigning and restructuring it. Also maybe a lack of motivation from the various people involved in the front site, I don't know, I don't want to speak in their stead.

Maybe we need to start thinking about a way to bypass this kind of issue, for example by using a wiki-like model.

It's not progressing because there's nobody anymore to actually code the front site, which also puts on hold other attempts at redesigning and restructuring it. Also maybe a lack of motivation from the various people involved in the front site, I don't know, I don't want to speak in their stead.

Maybe we need to start thinking about a way to bypass this kind of issue, for example by using a wiki-like model.

Do you mean changing a front site to a wiki-like model or just creating something wiki like connected to VNs? If latter that is kinda the same as if we just ware to share lists on Fuwa blog if former I don't see how is that different from right now as it would still need someone to do codeing unless I am missing something. Well if there is a way for front page to change to wiki-like model that can be updated I think that is better then having a more attractive design that stays outdated.

Alright, alright, I'll speak in my stead then.

I offered a free programming team and ideas for a new fuwanovel website. The big lines were that it would be community driven : contributions could be made by any members. That included any kind of content, articles, walkthroughs (with a graphical user friendly interface // see KS WT), guides, a team bulder, anything that the VN community could need. Using pre-existing software is in my opinion horrible, you lose all control over the modularity of your website AND you pay for something that doesn't satisfy your needs fully.

Things I did not have were a design team that I was told he had and the power to actually make decisions. It's not my site, I don't own it, I can only say I'm going to do things but I'm not going to do things only to be told someone wants it another way.

So I asked if there were people ready to do this and if they were fine following a schedule of meetings so that the team could coordinate itself. I never got an anwer about that, not a message, not a mention about the design team, no discussion about the finality of the project, no scheduling or voc chat, he knew what we wanted (I think), but not how to do it.

After about a month of no news and being ignored, I stopped trying.

Although that's the way I see things.

Edited by Guest

Hell at this point, why not just make the front page the Fuwablog, and add some more writers? Could be a nice stopgap for the time being. 

Tbh, even a request like that would take minimum 5 months god knows how long to execute. 

I'm actually considering sending a proposal to Tay about this. Putting together a layout to make it work. 

Tay did say recently that we'll be adding some 200 VNs/patches to the front page database before the end of the year. I don't really know who's handling that. Not that this would solve all of our problems or anything. 

Tay seems to be having internet problems right now so I can't get in touch with him. He missed posting this week's VNTS as a result. I'll end up doing that myself shortly.

I kinda feel bad for talking a big game about the fuwazette and then posting like one article a week. I think I over-estimated how much there would be to write about. There could probably be a lot of potential posts for OELVNs, but then that would take up like 80% of the blog content and I really don't like those enough to make that happen, lol.