Any existing visual novel with similar pemise as Gate?

Dark_blade64

What I'm looking for is a visual novel who share a similar story as Gate. A modern day earth who stumble across a portal or gate that connects to another world or Earth being invaded by creatures from another world. If possible the other world must have magical creatures aswell as countries trying to take control of the world or establish peace with them.

What I'm looking for is a visual novel who share a similar story as Gate. A modern day earth who stumble across a portal or gate that connects to another world or Earth being invaded by creatures from another world. If possible the other world must have magical creatures aswell as countries trying to take control of the world or establish peace with them.

hm im pretty sure you're looking for is chuunige, most of them arent translated though, pretty sure that @Clephas would know some.

Well, of course there's always this :makina:

Edited by Kawasumi

nope you asking for the impossible, the story is one a kind and there's no way to copy it. however my novel that i'm working on is similar, teleportation, earth being attack by aliens, and magical creatures. there's no countries fighting because that never happen in 2005.

I just want to say I never meant

nope you asking for the impossible, the story is one a kind and there's no way to copy it. however my novel that i'm working on is similar, teleportation, earth being attack by aliens, and magical creatures. there's no countries fighting because that never happen in 2005.

Well it doesn't have to be a hundred porcent copy. Anything sharing some elements of what I asked for is what I'am looking for. But the more closer to my petition the better. :D

hm im pretty sure you're looking for is chuunige, most of them arent translated though, pretty sure that @Clephas would know some.

Well, of course there's always this :makina:

Um what is a chunnige?

There's this SRPG/VN called Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, that sort of thing?

Otherwise the only thing I can come up with is Half-Life

I won't call Tokyo Twilight what I'm looking for.....

Isn't half life more like a post apocaliptic fictional world who shares some similarities with the real world who citizen are oppressed by the government? I don't think neither of these two have anything related to what I asked. Still thanks for the suggestion. (Although both titles I already own them. Plus I haven't play the first half life but I did beat the second game and both episode 1 and episode 2.)

There's this SRPG/VN called Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, that sort of thing?

Otherwise the only thing I can come up with is Half-Life

I won't call Tokyo Twilight what I'm looking for.....

Isn't half life more like a post apocaliptic fictional world who shares some similarities with the real world who citizen are oppressed by the government? I don't think neither of these two have anything related to what I asked. Still thanks for the suggestion. (Although both titles I already own them. Plus I haven't play the first half life but I did beat the second game and both episode 1 and episode 2.)

well both are Earth getting invaded by creatures from another world...

Oh well, your call.

Mmm... generally speaking, there aren't any 'meeting of the worlds' types in VNs yet...Gate is pretty unique in that sense.  In the sense of a character going to another world and making an impact, Koihime Musou is the only one I can think of off hand that has been translated.  However, there are a pretty large number of those that are untranslated... though most were made a minimum of six years or more ago.

Mmm... generally speaking, there aren't any 'meeting of the worlds' types in VNs yet...Gate is pretty unique in that sense.  In the sense of a character going to another world and making an impact, Koihime Musou is the only one I can think of off hand that has been translated.  However, there are a pretty large number of those that are untranslated... though most were made a minimum of six years or more ago.

Koihime Musou and Dies Irae are the closest to what I'm looking for, such a shame the only games who meet most of my requirements are RPG games. Well I guess I just have to deal with it. Someday maybe someone use that kind of world setting. I gotta wait for that happen. ^_^

Eien no Aselia... almost forgot about that.  Generally speaking, I tend to assume that all sane fantasy VN lovers play it somewhere around their first, second, or third VN. 

Also, Shin Koihime Musou is much better than the original...

If you had no choice but to go for untranslated... Soukoku no Arterial comes to mind, as there is interworld travel... and Ikusa Megami Zero comes to mind, due to the nature of the setting (hint: Earth lost) .

As for Dies Irae-like VNs... most of them are by Light as well, like Zero Infinity, Vermilion, and Silverio Vendetta.

In terms of overtechnology and world travel, Bradyon Veda is a good choice, too.  Though, it tends to be a weirdly psychotic mix of hard sci-fi and extreme science fantasy.

Xuse games - Eien no Aselia, eventually Seinarukana (once that gets finished translated) definitely have that aspect of 'protagonist goes to another world', but they are more RPGs.

Muvluv series definitely has both aspects - the protagonist eventually ends up in an alternate universe where years ago aliens named BETA have invaded and humanity has been fighting a losing war ever since.  Mecha, crazy action, and emotional roller coasters ensue.  It's a sci-fi series and pretty much fits all of your criteria.  I'm actually surprised no one's mentioned it yet.

The concept in general of 'person from our world gets suddenly transported to fantasy world' is actually a trope very common in visual novels, it is just that none of them are translated to English.  Most of them are your standard romantic comedies though.  One of the games released this month over in Japan is a romcom built along those lines, actually (Unlucky Re:Birth/Reverse).

Xuse games - Eien no Aselia, eventually Seinarukana (once that gets finished translated) definitely have that aspect of 'protagonist goes to another world', but they are more RPGs.

Muvluv series definitely has both aspects - the protagonist eventually ends up in an alternate universe where years ago aliens named BETA have invaded and humanity has been fighting a losing war ever since.  Mecha, crazy action, and emotional roller coasters ensue.  It's a sci-fi series and pretty much fits all of your criteria.  I'm actually surprised no one's mentioned it yet.

The concept in general of 'person from our world gets suddenly transported to fantasy world' is actually a trope very common in visual novels, it is just that none of them are translated to English.  Most of them are your standard romantic comedies though.  One of the games released this month over in Japan is a romcom built along those lines, actually (Unlucky Re:Birth/Reverse).

Well I was looking more for a visual novel about a whole country trying to opresse explore and make contact with the people beings living on the other world (also some political drama I mean no way a new world appears without other countries being interest on it.). I agree this theme is more present in RPG. Alternative is in my buy list when it comes out on steam actually. Thanks though. :D