Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

--> News <--

- Here's your weekly Defendos update again:P

- Translation progress has been low again this week.

- Some progress on Akane tlc (around 200 lines))

- Some small progress on Yuzu tl (less then 10 -,-)

- Some progress on Yves editing (around 100-200)

- Some progress on Yves tlc (around 200)

- Our patcher, nfinite, is using the Prologue delay to make some changes to the patcher instead of continuing with Common Route's translation. This is good for us in the future and for the full patch.

- No new news about the Prologue status again (Blame Oystein).

->Status Report<-

>>Common Route<<

-> Translated: 1329/7518 <- (17.67%) <- In Progress

>Akane Route<

- Translated: 7602/7602 - (100%) - Completed

-> Translation Checked: 2663/7602 <- (35.03%) <- In Progress

>Touko Route< - Completed

>Yuzu Route<

-> Translated: 3184/6727 <- (47.33%) <- In Progress

- Translation Checked: 2025/6727 - (30.10%) - In Progress

>Yves Route<

- Translated: 7287/7287 - (100.00%) - Completed

- Translation Checked: 7287/7287 - (100.00%) - Completed

-> Edited: 1939/7287 - (26.60%) <- In Progress

- Quality Checked: 1832/7287 - (25.14%) - In Progress

--> Translation Total: 30978/40710 (76.09%) <--

Translation Checked Total: 23537/40710 (57.81%)

Editing Total: 13501/40710 (33.16%)

Quality Checked Total: 13394/40710 (32.90%)

Here's a few errors I found:

E1T4Ucz.jpg

Two "" at the beginning.

1Maee1m.jpg

XK07lOw.jpg

1ZPT6Cm.jpg

There's also one for Akane at the beginning of the peeping scene and at least one during the tournament itself, but I got lazy.

C2sKJtO.jpg

There's also one line where there is two Y's for You for some reason.

Please head here for download instructions. Any issues then please post there. I'd like to keep this thread for Recruitment and News.

Here's a few errors I found:

Error_1.png

Two "" at the beginning.

Error_2.png

Error_3.png

Error_4.png

There's also one for Akane at the beginning of the peeping scene and at least one during the tournament itself, but I got lazy.

Error_5.png

There's also one line where there is two Y's for You for some reason.0

Thanks for these though, I'll get them fixed.

Did you create an account just to give us those errors? :)

Thanks for finding those. We made more than a thousand last minute changes to the lines, so it was pretty much inevitable that errors would pop up. The patch kept getting delayed for silly reasons, so I was kind of rushing this out. That said, I highly doubt we'll do a 1.1 patch for what's supposed to be a demo. We'll have it all fixed for full release, and hopefully won't have as many errors. I hope we've given you a good idea of what to expect when we choose to release the rest of the lines :)

Well, this gives me some more ideas of sanity checks that can be automated by our script patcher as well as bugs in the patcher =) The more eyes the better!

Hopefully we won't encounter the same bugs when we get to our final patch!

... now... time to get back to translating common...

Well, this gives me some more ideas of sanity checks that can be automated by our script patcher as well as bugs in the patcher =) The more eyes the better!

Hopefully we won't encounter the same bugs when we get to our final patch!

... now... time to get back to translating common...

Hell Yeah!!!!

Can we go ahead and post any typos we've found?

e52df8062068f3d7637af54b05c4c23d.png

ef41d74e9ff7c3bab729e16d2c4ff2a1.png

Dang, seems all the ones I've found have already been mentioned. I dunno about those "Error.png" things, but I think this one might've been missed. I do remember others, but I thought I was going a little far after saving some just for typos.

I know I asked this on the blog a few minutes earlier, but this has really piqued (I messed up. Please don't kill me) my interest, so I wanted to try and get a fast response. I wanna know what the qualifications are for getting into editing or grammar checking, or things of that nature. I have a lot of confidence in my grammar, so if I could find out more about it, that would be great. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a bit pushy.

Edited by seventhfonist425

I know I asked this on the blog a few minutes earlier, but this has really peaked my interest, so I wanted to try and get a fast response. I wanna know what the qualifications are for getting into editing or grammar checking, or things of that nature. I have a lot of confidence in my grammar, so if I could find out more about it, that would be great. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a bit pushy.

It has really "piqued" your interest.  Not "peaked."

You mean the spelling, right? :unsure:

Also "nothin" =  nothing

Okami, pls. That was something I let slide. If I were to really talk, I'd actually say that. "Nothin'" was on purpose. It's like if I met up with my friends and went, "Hey guys, how's it hangin'?" And I really did mean vocab. I honestly didn't have "piqued" as a word I knew too well. It was one of those words I had to see again to remember it. My mindset had the idea, but I got the vocabulary wrong. I guess spelling would be part of it, but at the time, I wasn't trying to spell "piqued," even if it should've been what I was supposed to spell.

Though, admittedly, I did jump around a bit on the whole proper grammar thing. But saying stuff like "nothin'" or "how's it goin'" are things I will say on occasion.

Just finished the prologue. You guys are doing an awesome job so far. Wish you the best of luck for finishing this project.

My only dislike so far is that Seiichi seems like he's going to be one of those protagonists whose only contribution to fights is to become a glorified plot device so the heroine can pull off an 'amazing' come from behind win.