1. 1. Characters

• Fal
    • Lise
    • Phorni
    • Torta
    • Ari
    • Ms. Cordell

This poll is closed to new votes

And yet it is a fact that there are evil people in the world.  I really don't mean to be so bull-headed about this, and I am normally not.  But "evil" is a real, actual thing.  And if you're a person who does nothing but hurt people while feeling no remorse for it, you're evil.  I don't think that's an unreasonable viewpoint.

Again, sorry for being so rigid. :(

Nah it's cool. There are personal reasons that resulted in my current view point. A combination of my upbringing mixed with things I've read that influenced my thinking, which resulted in my view that nobody can be absolutely evil. I realize that I'm in the minority of this view though.  

In the end, I guess I will always see Fal as someone who gives Chris just enough to keep him devoted to her while she maintains her selfish agenda.  However, I have already given her SOME credit for coming clean about everything, but... just the manner in which she did it... it felt to me like she did it simply to free herself of the pretense, since she knew she would have to spend her life with Chris to get what she really wanted form him.  So she came clean and gave him the choice: be with the real me and all my horribleness, or walk away and lose everything.  Yuck. :(

@Zalor: the reason I brought up Hitler (sorry, again, about that) was to show that even people who objectively qualify as "evil" are not defined by their evilness, even if that's all they're remembered for.

@Zaka: you know, I have always wondered what kind of childhood Dean Koontz must have had to dream up all that crazy stuff.  Him and Stephen King, both. :/

-Arvis

Lise has her fans.  I just....... don't understand them at all.  :P

Either way, Torta and Phorni are now leading the poll, so I definitely feel like I have done my job here. :)

Honestly, if I didn't love Torta so much, I really might have voted for Ms. Cordell.  She's really cool.

-Arvis

Lise has her fans.  I just....... don't understand them at all.  :P

Either way, Torta and Phorni are now leading the poll, so I definitely feel like I have done my job here. :)

Honestly, if I didn't love Torta so much, I really might have voted for Ms. Cordell.  She's really cool.

-Arvis

What are we going to do with the Arietta votes though?

Should we give them to Torta or to Phorni?

• 2 months later...

I'm going to revive this thread in light of it not only being the appropriate place for the discussion of this VN (maybe, this thread is too ambiguous for me to figure it out) and I'm playing it right now, as many people seem to be trying it out lately.

Beware of spoilers in this thread. I personally believe all spoilers should be tagged since this is a game with routes. I will do so myself but I cannot force others to do the same, nor will I condemn them for not doing it. It's not like they've been told to put everything in spoilers.

That said, I'll commence at once.

General Impressions

I really like how they don't spell everything out in this game.

They have conversations I consider to be quite human, not spelling everything out like they're idiots who can't figure it out. The protagonist doesn't say his thoughts aloud, but the point still gets across, be it through subtle nuances or it being implied. Many a time conversations get double meanings and both parties are usually well aware of what they're saying and what it can be interpreted as. Many times they deduce what could be wrong about another person and things like that.

Did I make myself clear? Probably not, hope you can at least understand what I meant.

I will also mention I really like the translation in this game, pardoning all the Italianisms.

Fal's Route

Everything was going just fine and dandy all the way through until the issues started with Arietta and Falsita.

Those letters did seem to be getting more and more dangerous but the final blow was indeed quite painful. I had to stop for some moments after the final letter eventually came. When he turned out to have a girlfriend at the beginning I already knew this would end up happening. After all, there's three other girls and three other routes here, all with girls.

----

Phorni's disappearance is quite a mystery. At this point in time I figure she is closely related to Torta and Arietta, but I have no evidence of this other than her emotional collapse right about the time the last letter arrived and how she left once she figured Chris had found his woman.

Right now I am thinking something may be up with Arietta that we don't know about. But this is all baseless.

----

Next big thing was with Asino and Fal. All was going well with the lovey-dovey. When Asino entered, I stopped the game for 5 minutes and figured it all out.

• Asino being randomly pissed off at us for being with Fal (implied). At the time I assumed he was worried about Arrietta, like Torta (don't know what to make of the relationship between Torta and Asino yet). 
  • Asino being with Fal when they were coming out of a restaurant once.
  • Fal looking at the clock before going for Chris.
  • Her talking about being a cruel person (obvious pointer is obvious).

This all led me to conclude that something was going on between those two, or at least attempting to start. Of course, I detected no hints of anything in Fal's behavior, so she really was a sneaky little bastard.

I still don't exactly know what Asino was trying to use Chris for, but I sincerely believe he wouldn't do anything to hurt Chris. Even if he may have had an ulterior motive to befriend him, Chris is such a lazy, uninspired person he may have eventually fallen into his pace and just became friends.

----

Regarding the events thereafter. Fal's philosophy is not wrong. The choice of wording makes it look worse than it actually is.

If we are to assume we all do things for ourselves, and I believe we do, then what she said isn't wrong at all. Or evil.

Love makes me feel good (sex can work the same way, but I'm talking about feelings here). So I love someone, I use that someone. By the same token, so do they. This isn't evil, is it?

----

Exposing everything to Chris makes me believe a couple possibilities could be the case:

• She figured it would be impossible or very hard to constantly manipulate Chris and keep up a facade. Hence, destroying the entire image in one fell swoop.
  • Alternatively, what better way to manipulate it than to make it seem you're not?
  • She really had fallen in love with the man and really did want to try and expose her machinations. To see whether she could still be loved as herself. (This goes to show just how important exterior image is, just like she mentions many a time. Who the hell would fall in love with Falsita if she was like that right from the start?)
  • She earlier understood that emotions like love and the like did nothing for the Fortell. However, sad ones did. And such, the plan was concocted. Put him in grief right before ceremony, so that I may go much further.

Trying to get Chris to tag along here doesn't exactly fit with this theory on its own, but she could have various motives. For all I know, all of these could be true, or maybe just one or two.

----

Her choice of words really does piss me off. Especially regarding her love for Chris. She pretty much says: "I fell in love with your music, I'm only taking you along because you're the one who plays it."

If Chris were to become sick, or lose his magic or something like that, by that logic she'd abandon him on the spot. What kind of love is that?

Contradicting this, is how she gave him a wing from that pendant. Could be easily attributed to manipulation but then again, what can't? Assuming it is an important thing, giving it to Chris shows some devotion after all.

----

It doesn't feel like a good ending to me... Reminds me of those ending where the couple ends up tied by sexual desire and nothing more or something of the sort. Mutual interest, but no love. 

Simple things that could've fixed it for me:

-Chris saying: "I love you, and I'll beat that personality of yours into shape" or something of the sort. Just following along with her wherever she takes us is kind of like the devoted girl who will do anything for the protagonist unconditionally.

-Fal not mentioning the Fortell in the end. I don't think love on first sight or pure love has to exist. Ulterior motives are absolutely fine. If the so called "pure" love is involved at all, any sneaky motives will fade with time and actual love will remain. The epilogue (if you can call it that, to me it showed nothing at all) could've been used for this. Fal telling him how she loves him in the end, but not only for mutual interest or the Fortell.

That went on considerably longer than expected... Goes to show how much I enjoy this whole thing, I guess.

Finally. Someone gets Fal here.

That being said, I'd rather talk about the her when you finished the game.

Edit: Considering the posts here, I guess this is more of a post game discussion so beware of the spoilers above.

Yes, I'll be posting it per route since my head cannot, possibly, hold onto much information at a time. It's also why I'm going to tag everything properly.

I don't really understand your comment about Fal, though.

Fal route

I literally said: "Maybe she's evil, or maybe she isn't. Could work either way." If that's what you call understanding a character, so be it ;P

I hope you weren't indirectly calling me out on my misc. thoughts/ramblings that I've been doing in the 'What Are You Playing' thread  :Kappa: I feel my posts were on par with other people who would post whenever they finished a route/VN and would maybe say a line or two about what they thought. My posts were not analytical/thought provoking to revive a discussion thread at all xD

But your post is :D. I'm totally down for some discussion! I think this will officially be my first time :D

But uh how do I do this..

I'll just commentate on your thoughts  ;)

General Impressions

I really like how they don't spell everything out in this game.

They have conversations I consider to be quite human, not spelling everything out like they're idiots who can't figure it out. The protagonist doesn't say his thoughts aloud, but the point still gets across, be it through subtle nuances or it being implied. Many a time conversations get double meanings and both parties are usually well aware of what they're saying and what it can be interpreted as. Many times they deduce what could be wrong about another person and things like that.

Did I make myself clear? Probably not, hope you can at least understand what I meant. 

Totally understand you. You'll LOVE a certain route later on which makes these conversations and double meanings so much more significant.

I will also mention I really like the translation in this game, pardoning all the Italianisms.

Me too!

Fal's Route

Everything was going just fine and dandy all the way through until the issues started with Arietta and Falsita.

Yeah, for me, this was actually the draggiest part of her route, because all of the practice, hangout, more practice, more hangout. It was like "can something happen PLS".

I think it makes the climax that much more significant though. TOTALLY did not expect Fal to pull a 180 like that.

Those letters did seem to be getting more and more dangerous but the final blow was indeed quite painful. I had to stop for some moments after the final letter eventually came. When he turned out to have a girlfriend at the beginning I already knew this would end up happening. After all, there's three other girls and three other routes here, all with girls.

Deep down I kept hoping for a peaceful solution. Like, "Dammit, why can't Chris just be friends with Fal and still love Arietta," but nope we gotta have drama and love triangles!

Props to Arietta though. As much as I didn't want them to break up (being the idealist that I am), it probably was for the best...

----

Phorni's disappearance is quite a mystery. At this point in time I figure she is closely related to Torta and Arietta, but I have no evidence of this other than her emotional collapse right about the time the last letter arrived and how she left once she figured Chris had found his woman.

Right now I am thinking something may be up with Arietta that we don't know about. But this is all baseless.

My thoughts too. Phorni really felt like Mare from HoshiMemo to me (this enigmatic character who would essentially disappear once the protagonist finds someone he loved).

----

Next big thing was with Asino and Fal. All was going well with the lovey-dovey. When Asino entered, I stopped the game for 5 minutes and figured it all out.

• Asino being randomly pissed off at us for being with Fal (implied). At the time I assumed he was worried about Arrietta, like Torta (don't know what to make of the relationship between Torta and Asino yet). Ikr. The dude was so obvious about that!
  • Asino being with Fal when they were coming out of a restaurant once. 
  • Fal looking at the clock before going for Chris.
  • Her talking about being a cruel person (obvious pointer is obvious).

This all led me to conclude that something was going on between those two, or at least attempting to start. Of course, I detected no hints of anything in Fal's behavior, so she really was a sneaky little bastard.

Yeah. I nicknamed Fal the Master Manipulator. She was so cunning it's scary.

I still don't exactly know what Asino was trying to use Chris for, but I sincerely believe he wouldn't do anything to hurt Chris. Even if he may have had an ulterior motive to befriend him, Chris is such a lazy, uninspired person he may have eventually fallen into his pace and just became friends. 

That's exactly how Asino 'used' Chris actually: by befriending him. Just as Fal used Asino to get closer/information on Chris, Asino was supposed to use his being closer/having information on Chris to get closer to Fal. But he got GG'ed hardcore since Fal only wanted Chris all along.

But yeah, I don't think Asino ever had any malicious intent on Chris.

----

Regarding the events thereafter. Fal's philosophy is not wrong. The choice of wording makes it look worse than it actually is.

If we are to assume we all do things for ourselves, and I believe we do, then what she said isn't wrong at all. Or evil.

Love makes me feel good (sex can work the same way, but I'm talking about feelings here). So I love someone, I use that someone. By the same token, so do they. This isn't evil, is it?

I agree that while Fal was spilling the beans about her 'using' Chris that I totally felt "Uhh, what's so bad about that?" And that the situation was being a bit overexaggerated on how bad/serious it was.

----

Exposing everything to Chris makes me believe a couple possibilities could be the case:

• She figured it would be impossible or very hard to constantly manipulate Chris and keep up a facade. Hence, destroying the entire image in one fell swoop.
  • Alternatively, what better way to manipulate it than to make it seem you're not?
  • She really had fallen in love with the man and really did want to try and expose her machinations. To see whether she could still be loved as herself. (This goes to show just how important exterior image is, just like she mentions many a time. Who the hell would fall in love with Falsita if she was like that right from the start?)
  • She earlier understood that emotions like love and the like did nothing for the Fortell. However, sad ones did. And such, the plan was concocted. Put him in grief right before ceremony, so that I may go much further.

Trying to get Chris to tag along here doesn't exactly fit with this theory on its own, but she could have various motives. For all I know, all of these could be true, or maybe just one or two.

Hehehehe... Good theories  ;) 

----

Her choice of words really does piss me off. Especially regarding her love for Chris. She pretty much says: "I fell in love with your music, I'm only taking you along because you're the one who plays it."

If Chris were to become sick, or lose his magic or something like that, by that logic she'd abandon him on the spot. What kind of love is that?

THIS THIS THIS. The following pendant scene at least gave me hope that she did have feelings for Chris despite what she says, but we can't be too sure ><.

Contradicting this, is how she gave him a wing from that pendant. Could be easily attributed to manipulation but then again, what can't? Assuming it is an important thing, giving it to Chris shows some devotion after all.

Also have mixed feelings about the pendant wing, but I tried to see that in a good light xD. If that was another of her manipulative ploys, Fal is a god.

----

It doesn't feel like a good ending to me... Reminds me of those ending where the couple ends up tied by sexual desire and nothing more or something of the sort. Mutual interest, but no love. 

Yeah. Chris even summarizes that their relationship is "a relationship based on using others and being used yourself. It was the saddest thing I could imagine." You'll love the other endings btw.

Simple things that could've fixed it for me:

-Chris saying: "I love you, and I'll beat that personality of yours into shape" or something of the sort. Just following along with her wherever she takes us is kind of like the devoted girl who will do anything for the protagonist unconditionally.

Mhmm. Chris GG'ed himself though by going "I love you, so I'll do whatever you want, as long as you need me".

-Fal not mentioning the Fortell in the end. I don't think love on first sight or pure love has to exist. Ulterior motives are absolutely fine. If the so called "pure" love is involved at all, any sneaky motives will fade with time and actual love will remain. The epilogue (if you can call it that, to me it showed nothing at all) could've been used for this. Fal telling him how she loves him in the end, but not only for mutual interest or the Fortell.Ikr. JUST GIVE US A GOOD ENDING PLEASE!!!

That went on considerably longer than expected... Goes to show how much I enjoy this whole thing, I guess.

It makes me ashamed that I put off Symphonic Rain for so long. This VN was truly a wonderful experience :D

Also, regarding Snowtsuku's comment of you 'understanding' Fal, 

Most people outright HATE Fal after completing her route. Myself included.

So you having a "Maybe she's evil, maybe she's not" ie. an open mindset regarding her character says alot, or rather, just the fact that you don't hate her is probably why Snowtsuku said that  :D

Irrelevant Garbage

I hope you weren't indirectly calling me out on my misc. thoughts/ramblings that I've been doing in the 'What Are You Playing' thread  :Kappa: I feel my posts were on par with other people who would post whenever they finished a route/VN and would maybe say a line or two about what they thought. My posts were not analytical/thought provoking to revive a discussion thread at all xD

Nonono, the target was actually some other people. I've got this idea of how the "What are you playing?" thread should work and although I've made some basic suggestions I still need to brainstorm on this whole thing. Nothing for anyone to worry about right now until I make my move.

But I'm totally down for some discussion! I think this will officially be my first time :D

I'll go easy on you.

Fal's Route

Yeah, for me, this was actually the draggiest part of her route, because all of the practice, hangout, more practice, more hangout. It was like "can something happen PLS"

I personally enjoy these bits, assuming the characters are actually getting closer.

Yeah. I nicknamed Fal the Master Manipulator. She was so cunning it's scary.

Most certainly so. Having started a second route I can't help but see her in a completely different, painful, light.

That's exactly how Asino 'used' Chris actually: by befriending him. Just as Fal used Asino to get closer/information on Chris, Asino was supposed to use his being closer/having information on Chris to get closer to Fal. But he got GG'ed hardcore since Fal only wanted Chris all along.

This seems a bit... impossible. Asino was already friends with Chris long before he even met Fal.

You'll love the other endings btw.

This does nothing but heighten my expectations, which could sometimes be a bad thing. Either you hint at something or you leave me be, dammit! (no spoil pls)

I agree that while Fal was spilling the beans about her 'using' Chris that I totally felt "Uhh, what's so bad about that?" And that the situation was being a bit overexaggerated on how bad/serious it was.

Hmm... The situation was pretty serious, wasn't it? Her smile was fake, her actions were fake, she hurt Asino for no good reason, she didn't apparently have much interest in Chris, but his music instead. Seems serious to me.

Hehehehe... Good theories

That all-knowing smile... I wonder just how much more than I you know...

Mhmm. Chris GG'ed himself though by going "I love you, so I'll do whatever you want, as long as you need me"

Exactly. I'd go as far as to say that Chris is exactly like me. Though perhaps more enthusiastic about his hobbies? If I could devote myself to history as a career I'd probably be equally devoted to things (and that's not saying much, his devotion is somewhat on the calm side).

And I dislike that bit of him as a protagonist. He did what I probably would have done had I been in a similar situation.

It makes me ashamed that I put off Symphonic Rain for so long. This VN was truly a wonderful experience

I started it last year. Stopped after half an hour. picked it back up this week.

Your "discussion" was mostly agreeing with me... Which is actually fine. People usually only comment on what they disagree, or have something new to say, which can sometimes give off a bad view of things. I prefer it this way myself.

Side comment about Fal found in Lisa's route (spoilers for Fal's route):

"

Even I have one or two things I'm hiding as well, after all" -Fal

Excuse me while I go have a laugh.

Finally completed Fal's route.

Damn I was not expecting Fal pulling a 180 though technically not really because she just revealed her true self to Chris

I understand that people would hate Fal after she showed her true colours but I still liked her regardless. She had no family growing up, was homeless for awhile, barely surviving, of course she'll do whatever to not be in that situation again. Although it was unfortunate that she used Chris and Asino, I still felt bad for them

I felt the ending was open-ended. Although they do up end together, its hard to tell if its mutual love or if they're only using each other. I'm going with the she was only close to him for her own sake but then fell in love as they spent more together theory. I don't know if I would call this a "happy ending".

I was so sad when Ari sent the last letter and Phorni disappearing, I was like "nooooooo my heart" to both scenes

...I suck at discussions like these

On to Lise's whenever~!

Finally completed Fal's route.

...I suck at discussions like these

Damn I was not expecting Fal pulling a 180 though technically not really because she just revealed her true self to Chris

I understand that people would hate Fal after she showed her true colours but I still liked her regardless. She had no family growing up, was homeless for awhile, barely surviving, of course she'll do whatever to not be in that situation again. Although it was unfortunate that she used Chris and Asino, I still felt bad for them

I felt the ending was open-ended. Although they do up end together, its hard to tell if its mutual love or if they're only using each other. I'm going with the she was only close to him for her own sake but then fell in love as they spent more together theory. I don't know if I would call this a "happy ending".

I was so sad when Ari sent the last letter and Phorni disappearing, I was like "nooooooo my heart" to both scenes

Lul no worries! Just dumping your thoughts is fine~ It's what I do xD.

~~~

@Tiago *phew* regarding the irrelevant garbage.

Your "discussion" was mostly agreeing with me... Which is actually fine. People usually only comment on what they disagree, or have something new to say, which can sometimes give off a bad view of things. I prefer it this way myself.

For a moment there I thought you were gonna chew my eyeballs out xD. I'm unfortunately one of those people who can't critique for crap; ie. give me your essay and I'll say "looks good" instead of giving any meaningful feedback. qq #agree4lyfe

Anyway,

This seems a bit... impossible. Asino was already friends with Chris long before he even met Fal.

-True. Hmm, then how did he 'use' Chris then? Maybe he felt bad that he *originally* only became friends with Chris because of how talented Chris was in hopes of being able to 'use' him for w.e reason? But then as you said, Chris is such a lazy, uninspired person that he does eventually genuinely become Chris's friend

~~~

This does nothing but heighten my expectations, which could sometimes be a bad thing. Either you hint at something or you leave me be, dammit! (no spoil pls)

-Oops. Forget I said anything then xD I was just teasing your comment 'it doesn't feel like a good ending'. In general for me, hype is a really bad thing. Any time I see people complain about not liking a VN when they read it because they heard it was really good and then they end up saying things like "Why do people like this" I think they got GG'ed by hype and high expectations, only to get shot down. *cough Decay* (Hi Decay if you ever read this :D)

Of course, there will be people who do genuinely dislike a VN and it wasn't because of hype, but then that's a matter of taste.

~~~

Hmm... The situation was pretty serious, wasn't it? Her smile was fake, her actions were fake, she hurt Asino for no good reason, she didn't apparently have much interest in Chris, but his music instead. Seems serious to me.

-Yeah, forgive me. By 'serious' I meant more towards 'evil' xD. Like, the VN really tried to paint Fal as 'evil' during that scene(which is why so many people end up hating her), so I felt it was a bit exaggerated.

~~~

That all-knowing smile... I wonder just how much more than I you know...

-I know everything.

Enjoy Lise's route you two! :D

I also forgot to mention some things:

I really liked Fal's song. I hope the others are just as good too or else I'll feel "bleeeehhh" during the practices.

I don't like the fact that you can't skip the songs. On the first day I'm just sitting there going..."WHY CAN'T I SKIP" and finding things to do while the practice session occurs XD. Now I just have it on window size during the practice in the back while I'm on the internet

Also, I want to pinch everyone's cheeks because its round and adorable :ph34r:

Skimmed through the earlier discussions of my predecessors.

One last thing: these poll results on this thread have new meaning to me now that I have finished the game.  I appreciate that all the characters are interesting enough to warrant this completely split decision, but I simply MUST express my real feelings: everybody who voted for Fal or Lise over Torta, Phorni, or Arietta has something really, seriously, deeply wrong with them.

-Arvis

I personally voted for Torta (loved her before getting to the heart of Symphonic Rain, and then loved her even more after), but man, what an extreme comment to make xD.

This is how silly arguments/fan wars happen. XBox vs. PlayStation. Microsoft vs. Apple. Fal/Lise vs. Torta/Ari/Phorni. 

People will always their preferences; there's no need to get so worked up just because their preference doesn't match yours xD.

But that's already in the past, my apologies for bringing it up.

~~~

I also forgot to mention some things:

I really liked Fal's song. I hope the others are just as good too or else I'll feel "bleeeehhh" during the practices.
It was my favorite song to play, despite how hard it was. My favorite part in the song was "Look at me  Listen to me " GOD this part sounded so wonderful!@#

I don't like the fact that you can't skip the songs. On the first day I'm just sitting there going..."WHY CAN'T I SKIP" and finding things to do while the practice session occurs XD. Now I just have it on window size during the practice in the back while I'm on the internet

Mhmm. If they were going to give an "autoplay" feature I don't get why they didn't just give a skip feature ><.

Also, I want to pinch everyone's cheeks because its round and adorable  :ph34r:
Recycling an image I used last time~

zU45auN.jpg

That's what happened to me with Fal's song, which I really, really hate.

For a moment there I thought you were gonna chew my eyeballs out xD. 

That was actually what I was going for. And is what I would usually do, hence triggering my unpredictability and inciting me not to do it.  

Fal's Route

-True. Hmm, then how did he 'use' Chris then? Maybe he felt bad that he *originally* only became friends with Chris because of how talented Chris was in hopes of being able to 'use' him for w.e reason? But then as you said, Chris is such a lazy, uninspired person that he does eventually genuinely become Chris's friend

That was actually my question right from the start. How did he use Chris? We were never really told that in Fal's route, I don't think.

-Yeah, forgive me. By 'serious' I meant more towards 'evil' xD. Like, the VN really tried to paint Fal as 'evil' during that scene(which is why so many people end up hating her), so I felt it was a bit exaggerated.

But she was evil. Did you hear her cold voice? It was the first time we ever even saw that side of her. And from there on whenever she returned to usual it just seemed fake. Really well made, actually.

Enjoy Lise's route you two! :D

Taking care of it. Let it be known that Fal has contaminated my senses and I know only see bad sides in everything. Cannot simply not suspect Lise at this point.

And Fal's involvement at the begging certainly didn't help making me feel no ploys were at bay.

@Tiago

Fal

Dammit Tiago I was agreeing with you the whole time xD!

You originally said,

"Regarding the events thereafter. Fal's philosophy is not wrong. The choice of wording makes it look worse than it actually is.

Love makes me feel good (sex can work the same way, but I'm talking about feelings here). So I love someone, I use that someone. By the same token, so do they. This isn't evil, is it?"

So I said,
-Yeah, forgive me. By 'serious' I meant more towards 'evil' xD. Like, the VN really tried to paint Fal as 'evil' during that scene(which is why so many people end up hating her), so I felt it was a bit exaggerated.

But now you say,

"But she was evil. Did you hear her cold voice? It was the first time we ever even saw that side of her. And from there on whenever she returned to usual it just seemed fake. Really well made, actually."

So is Fal evil or not  :P

For a bit more clarity, when I speak of Fal being 'evil,' I mean her philosophy in general. Of course during that scene she totally sounds evil, but, as you said, and as I agreed, the choice of wording makes whether Fal is *truly* evil look worse/more exaggerated than I feel she should get credit for.

But yeah I TOTALLY felt goosebumps watching her interact with anybody after that revelation. It's like wow, these past two months of interactions have been fake all along.

~~~
And yeah haha, I was so paranoid after Fal's route that I kept my guard up for any future potential twists should they ever arise xD

@Tiago

Fal

Dammit Tiago I was agreeing with you the whole time xD!

You originally said,

"Regarding the events thereafter. Fal's philosophy is not wrong. The choice of wording makes it look worse than it actually is.

Love makes me feel good (sex can work the same way, but I'm talking about feelings here). So I love someone, I use that someone. By the same token, so do they. This isn't evil, is it?"

So I said,

-Yeah, forgive me. By 'serious' I meant more towards 'evil' xD. Like, the VN really tried to paint Fal as 'evil' during that scene(which is why so many people end up hating her), so I felt it was a bit exaggerated.

But now you say,

"But she was evil. Did you hear her cold voice? It was the first time we ever even saw that side of her. And from there on whenever she returned to usual it just seemed fake. Really well made, actually."

So is Fal evil or not  :P

For a bit more clarity, when I speak of Fal being 'evil,' I mean her philosophy in general. Of course during that scene she totally sounds evil, but, as you said, and as I agreed, the choice of wording makes whether Fal is *truly* evil look worse/more exaggerated than I feel she should get credit for.

But yeah I TOTALLY felt goosebumps watching her interact with anybody after that revelation. It's like wow, these past two months of interactions have been fake all along.

~~~

And yeah haha, I was so paranoid after Fal's route that I kept my guard up for any future potential twists should they ever arise xD

Too much work formulating a proper reply. 

Fal's Route

She sounded evil. Her philosophy not so much.

All doubts should now be clear.

Other than that, we are in agreement on different matters. Especially regarding paranoia.

Even if he may have had an ulterior motive to befriend him, Chris is such a lazy, uninspired person he may have eventually fallen into his pace and just became friends.

This is the best thing I have heard regarding Chris's personality. His uninspired, apathetic, and morose personality is oddly charming in a way. Anyway, regarding the rest of your post it was brilliant and I enjoyed reading it. 

Finally. Someone gets Fal here.

But senpai, weren't my interpretations and ramblings of Fal good too? Lol, actually I have to reread what I previously wrote since I already forgot a lot of it. In fact one of the great things about this VN is that over time your perceptions of the characters change. Whatever I wrote earlier in this thread is probably not completely how I feel about Fal now. Much like how personal meanings behind poetry change over time, the same happens for Symphonic Rain. Symphonic Rain is poetry to me.  

But senpai, weren't my interpretations and ramblings of Fal good too? Lol, actually I have to reread what I previously wrote since I already forgot a lot of it. In fact one of the great things about this VN is that over time your perceptions of the characters change. Whatever I wrote earlier in this thread is probably not completely how I feel about Fal now. Much like how personal meanings behind poetry change over time, the same happens for Symphonic Rain. Symphonic Rain is poetry to me.  

Why you call me senpai? Anyway, I should have said that it's been a long time since someone tried look at Fal objectively : >

With tiago. I was referring to the philosophy and how she worded it.

And if you finished Lise's route

You'll see the father she grew up with.

Anyway, I don't want to post a lot as I might drop a few hints.

@Tiago

"She sounded evil. Her philosophy not so much."

Hehe yes! That sums it up nicely~

The distinction b/w Fal *sounding* evil and *actually being* evil is what I feel all Fal haters should be able to understand, because I think most of them hate her for her sounding so evil, but in reality she really isn't all that evil. I'm saying evil too much.

That being said, if they still hate her regardless, oh well xD

With tiago. I was referring to the philosophy and how  she worded it.
Pardon me if my reading comprehension is horri-bad, but did you just refer to Tiago as a she  :Kappa:

And if you finished Lise's route

You'll see the father she grew up with.

Regarding the spoiler, holy hera. (Don't read unless finish Lise route)

I COMPLETELY overlooked that fact. I remember now of her stating that Graves was her 'benefactor' or w/e, so whoops on me for forgetting. Now I can totally understand how Fal grew up to have those philosophies of hers.

On a semi-related note, It makes me wonder how Cordell-sensei didn't become corrupt under Graves's teachings. And she never seemed to think ill of him either.

Why you call me senpai? 

On this site you seem to be one of the biggest fans of Symphonic Rain. Therefore you are my senpai in the appreciation and love of this great visual novel. But mostly I called you that because prior to commenting I saw this video and was influenced by the "notice me senpai" meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQb-IqwY7FQ

On a semi-related note, It makes me wonder how Cordell-sensei didn't become corrupt under Graves's teachings. And she never seemed to think ill of him either.

Even Chris admitted that Grave was a great teacher. And unlike Chris, Ms. Cordell only experienced him as a teacher. Chris was unfortunate in that he fell in love with his precious daughter and had to involve himself in Grave's personal life. Likewise Fal was corrupted because she grew up with Grave and had to experience him as a person and not just an instructor. So long as you stay away from Grave's personal life, I don't think he will mess you up too bad.

@Tiago

"She sounded evil. Her philosophy not so much."

Hehe yes! That sums it up nicely~

The distinction b/w Fal *sounding* evil and *actually being* evil is what I feel all Fal haters should be able to understand, because I think most of them hate her for her sounding so evil, but in reality she really isn't all that evil. I'm saying evil too much.

That being said, if they still hate her regardless, oh well xD

Regarding the spoiler, holy hera. (Don't read unless finish Lise route)

I COMPLETELY overlooked that fact. I remember now of her stating that Graves was her 'benefactor' or w/e, so whoops on me for forgetting. Now I can totally understand how Fal grew up to have those philosophies of hers.

I was referring to Fal. I was referring on how she worded the things she said to Chris at the end.

Actually there are people who said that (If you finish Fal and Lise)

Lise's route is more of a route to provide more insight to Fal and the people she grew up with. If you consider the fact that Lise makes no major appearance in other routes, it kind of makes sense. Of course, Lise fans would disagree. I don't mind whatever the case though.

On the semi-related note, Zalor provided an answer already : 3

On this site you seem to be one of the biggest fans of Symphonic Rain. Therefore you are my senpai in the appreciation and love of this great visual novel.

I just think Symphonic Rain is an under read visual novel. Of course, I'm a big fan as well. When I joined Fuwa, Symphonic Rain was not even in the database : (

Edit: Side Stories Link