Way of the Samurai 4 Coming to Steam

Clephas

Good news for those who like the 'jidaigeki' style action-adventure games from this series.  It comes to Steam on the 23rd... This series is known for having surprisingly deep stories with a strong impact... combined with a ridiculous amount of weirdness on the side (such as stealing radishes, running a dojo after defeating its master, tricking a gunslinger into running a sushi shop, etc.).  I recommend this for those who like watching Japanese historical dramas and those who liked the Rurouni Kenshin series...

1 was a bit more straightforward... it was based during the Restoration but before the law about swords, and you basically entered a village where you were caught up in a conflict between the local lord (a progressive modernist) and his son (a conservative samurai).  It was lovely how messy the situation was... and you could choose to side with either side or the villagers, and how you did so (who you killed, who you saved, who you spared, etc.) decided the endings... of which there were many for each side.

2 was a bit different, focusing on a time before the fall of the Shogunate, in a trading town where a conflict between the magistrates and the yakuza is brewing and the owners of a brothel and other citizens are caught in the middle.

In 3, you are a mercenary soldier who wakes up on the battlefield and gets caught up in the rising tensions between the Fujimori and Ouka, with the villagers caught in the middle.  This one is based during the Sengoku Jidai.

Edit: Protagonists of these games are basically ciphers for you... you can literally go around killing everyone, stealing their swords if you want to and walk out of the town.. or you can just screw around until things fall apart around you.  The great thing about the games in this series is the degree to which you can change the experience. 

Does anyone know if this game will be running at 60 FPS as opposed to 30?  Should I just buy it for the pre-order sale and refund if I think the port isn't too strong?

sadly at 30 but maybe there is a way to unlock it and yeah you can always use the refund system.

This has been delayed many times due to quality assurance. From what I hear, the port is excellent, with the exception of a 30 FPS cap due to physics/game speed being tied to framerate. I'll probably buy it to support Ghostlight. Pretty sure the Agarest 2 censorship outrage really fucked them over.

They're one of the few publishers who actually fund and produce original PC ports of niche games, so I think they should be cut some slack.

well the mouse is useless so play it with a joystick or dont bother and the dlc are now paid not free( they cost  20 dollars all of them)...I will get a refund, buy Cradle and when the game is on sale again I will buy it, also every time I close the game it crashes for some reason