PSP VNs!

ryouuuuu

Well, none that I know but, there is a Toradora PSP (theyre looking for TLers atm) and Amagami PSP translations going on, both still incomplete

Aww, that's a shame :(/>

I think I also saw that Ziddy is translating Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai?

Should be fun! :D/>

Do you have any suggestions for anime-related games on PSP?

Do you have any suggestions for anime-related games on PSP?

The most recent ones that I can remember off the top of my head right now are:

• Anohana
  • Mirai Nikki: The 13th Diary Owner (play the RE:WRITE version; it's an upgrade from the original with better art and full voices iirc)
  • Sakurasou Portable
  • Koichoco Portable (it's actually just a PSP port from the original PC game but it uses the anime seiyuu)

Install custom firmware, ONScripter Psp, then play every ONScripter game (Older games such as the first FSN, Tsukihime, Higurashi) on your psp.

Sorry for the short response, it's a little late, and I will elaborate tomorrow

Sounds good, thanks :D/> I already have CFW installed!

Waiting for your steps, but my mem card is only 2GB, that enough?

EDIT: Romance stories please <3

Please read the disclaimer/other at the end

What you need:

1. A psp

2. A microusb or a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor

3. Software that can extract rar files

4. Converted games (you need to own the game first)

Steps:

1. Download ONScripter for Psp - Here

2. Extract the files, you should see something like below:

1.PNG

3. Connect your psp to your computer

4. Create a folder in Psp\game called ONS

2.PNG

5. Go back to the extracted onscripter-20110111_psp folder and click on the "ONS" folder, you should see something like below:

3.PNG

6. Copy the EBOOT.PBP and the ons.ini files and paste them into psp\GAME\ONS

4.PNG

7. Open a game (legally obtained)

8. Locate 3 files and copy them into the same directory as EBOOT.PBP

Arc.nsa or arc.sar (these files have all the sprites, backgrounds and voices, sometimes music)

0.txt or nscript.dat (this file has the story, and has instructions pertaining to music and voices)

default.ttf (font, if your game doesn't have one, I think any will do.)

IF your game has separate music, it would be a good idea to copy that over as well

Create another folder called CD inside it and place the music in there (should be in .ogg or .mp3)

9. After copying, your folder should look like this:

5.PNG

10. Put memory stick back into psp

11. Turn psp on

12. Go to games

13. Press X on ONSCRIPTER for PSP 20110111

(hopefully no crashes here)

Disclaimer/other:

1. This is an older version of ONScripter (I think, not too sure)

2. ONScripter website

3. This is actually a rather crude method, because I don't know how to load more then one game at a time.

4. If you intend on playing ONScripter based games, they need to be resized, I don't know how to do that (have an android tablet with a high enough native resolution )

Original games:

f.PNG

(Yes, this is G Senjou no Maou, or the start screen at the very least, on ONScripter. It doesn't work very well, text is in Chinese and 90% of the characters don't display (voices work though), and I didn't port it)

d.PNG

what happens when you fail to resize them:

Photo0295.jpg

Photo0294.jpg

5. I think this EBOOT is actually signed, so non cfw might be able to run it

6. the DDL link is NOT the original, it is a reupload by me because I was unable to find the original one.

7. I think my psp has B10 CFW (if you wanted to know, last time I checked, I could use PSN with B10 CFW)

-EDIT-

Erm... I don't really know what engine what games run on aside from a select few, you will have to ask around for romance stories.

Please read the disclaimer/other at the end

What you need:

1. A psp

2. A microusb or a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor

3. Software that can extract rar files

4. Converted games (you need to own the game first)

Steps:

1. Download ONScripter for Psp - Here

2. Extract the files, you should see something like below:

1.PNG

3. Connect your psp to your computer

4. Create a folder in Psp\game called ONS

2.PNG

5. Go back to the extracted onscripter-20110111_psp folder and click on the "ONS" folder, you should see something like below:

3.PNG

6. Copy the EBOOT.PBP and the ons.ini files and paste them into psp\GAME\ONS

4.PNG

7. Open a game (legally obtained)

8. Locate 3 files and copy them into the same directory as EBOOT.PBP

Arc.nsa or arc.sar (these files have all the sprites, backgrounds and voices, sometimes music)

0.txt or nscript.dat (this file has the story, and has instructions pertaining to music and voices)

default.ttf (font, if your game doesn't have one, I think any will do.)

IF your game has separate music, it would be a good idea to copy that over as well

Create another folder called CD inside it and place the music in there (should be in .ogg or .mp3)

9. After copying, your folder should look like this:

5.PNG

10. Put memory stick back into psp

11. Turn psp on

12. Go to games

13. Press X on ONSCRIPTER for PSP 20110111

(hopefully no crashes here)

Disclaimer/other:

1. This is an older version of ONScripter (I think, not too sure)

2. ONScripter website

3. This is actually a rather crude method, because I don't know how to load more then one game at a time.

4. If you intend on playing ONScripter based games, they need to be resized, I don't know how to do that (have an android tablet with a high enough native resolution )

Original games:

f.PNG

(Yes, this is G Senjou no Maou, or the start screen at the very least, on ONScripter. It doesn't work, and I didn't port it)

d.PNG

what happens when you fail to resize them:

Photo0295.jpg

Photo0294.jpg

5. I think this EBOOT is actually signed, so non cfw might be able to run it

6. the DDL link is NOT the original, it is a reupload by me because I was unable to find the original one.

7. I think my psp has B10 CFW (if you wanted to know, last time I checked, I could use PSN with B10 CFW)

-EDIT-

Erm... I don't really know what engine what games run on aside from a select few, you will have to ask around for romance stories.

Thanks for the step by step instructions, I'll try this out when I get home! :)

Will it be the same steps if I use the latest version? I think so, but just to make sure xD

EDIT 1:

Sorry for double post, but I am seeing stuff like Digimon Adventures & Sword Art Online partial/full PSP english patches (0.0)''

The Digimon patch looks legit, however the SAO one...xD

hey tief, do u mind if i publish those step by step guide on my blog? (with full credits)

i find it astonishing that the PSP can run these PC games... or maybe it's like an emulator of sorts? what's the compatibiltiy like?

hey tief, do u mind if i publish those step by step guide on my blog? (with full credits)

i find it astonishing that the PSP can run these PC games... or maybe it's like an emulator of sorts? what's the compatibiltiy like?

Go ahead Aaeru, I don't mind at all.

Erm.. Assuming that the game is running on vanilla NScripter, it should still work (similar to Habakiri I guess?).

I don't have that many games on hand to so I really don't know. It works similar to Habakiri in the sense that it isn't an emulator, but it is an interpreter. I guess you could say that the engine has been ported to psp, but only in the sense that it can read things and not create.

Will it be the same steps if I use the latest version? I think so, but just to make sure xD

Sorry, I don't know about that. It should be... But I don't know.

New guy here and I see that some of you like psp vn's. Now for those who don't know there is finally a partial translation patch for the first oreimo psp vn. You can download the patch here for kuroneko's route and it does come with the patching freeware. Please make sure to have clean ripped iso before you apply the patch or it will not work right.

oreimo psp

Speaking of PSP titles, anyone played the Sakurasou game? It's on the Vita but I think it's available for the PSP as well. Was going to start a topic but not sure if it's a big much for just one title :P. I only saw the anime recently and really loved it, so yeah, really interested in this game for sure.

• 5 months later...

Speaking of PSP titles, anyone played the Sakurasou game? It's on the Vita but I think it's available for the PSP as well. Was going to start a topic but not sure if it's a big much for just one title tongue.gif. I only saw the anime recently and really loved it, so yeah, really interested in this game for sure.

Sorry for bump.

It is on PSP but it's on Japanese, i guess you can play it if you know Japanese =D

Oh BTW about the Topic.

PSP Visual Novels.

Please look here that's a big list of PSP Visual novels.

If the link is not allowed please let me know or delete it. Sorry!

• 4 months later...

Ohhh! i saw lot of title very attractive in psp Vn! i just finish the Sakurasou's anime and i like it ( not better i seen, but i watched it entirely! )

I started corps party too, but i finally give up in the second chapter, cause i saw the anime first, and ( even if it's better to play it instead saw it) i have some trouble with the narration. ( don't know if it's understanble in english).

Right now i'm playing toradora! and i like it!! I seen the manga and, for one time, it's an advantage,! Because, the Vn is not based on it, but used the story as a red line, in despite of the fact your character forget everything! ( hope you can understand me ^^')

I do +- 50% f the main road and i still search how to get all ending! ( I got 3 of them right now and i'm not desapointed!) Some of you had finished it at 100%?????

Sorry, i'm new i don't have to speak so much, especially to tell all this absurdity! ah ah!

PS: i don't speak english well, plz be sympathetic!

I personally recommend:

* Danganronpa: Fantastic game. One of my favourite visual novels of all time.

* Corpse Party: It's an official translation, so no patch needed. If you don't mind horror and a bit of gore, it's quite enjoyable.

Both of the above have a lot of interactive elements, so if you just prefer a more "pure reading" experience, they might not be for you.