Request VN Setting Christmas Setting !

MDruidd

When you get to the end of school days there's a christmas celebration sometimes.

Oh, and swan song starts around christmas, christmas day/eve even w. Of course, it's a post-apocalyptic novel with much darkness, christmas is barely mentioned after that (but god there is a lot of snow, like 6 different bg images of snowfall...) and yeah. If you want a winter setting in general, look no further than Kanon.

This post may not have been very helpful.

• 6 months later...

Think a lot of the VNs already suggested have winter themes to be honest... Swan Song is certainly one, *cough* Kanon *cough* counts, True Remembrance is set in winter (not sure if you can call it winter themed, but all the clothes etc match the setting.) Other than that... Cartagra seems to be wintery? The vndb tag is kinda rubbish for this though.

You're right. Maybe should've asked about Da Capo instead. But...

Swan Song

Oh yes, I've been keeping my eyes on it for some time. But not really sure. And I've already read Cartagra (liked the atmosphere though).

Guess, I'm looking for not story-driven (it's for holidays after all), but for more light-hearted game. Not just moe, but nakige'll be the best.

Sorry to bother you again. And thanks for the answer :3

Oh yes, I've been keeping my eyes on it for some time. But not really sure. 

Couldn't recommend Swan Song enough, honestly one of the best Visual Novels I have ever read. It's a great read that fits the harshness of winter perfectly. On a side note, I first read Swan Song during my Christmas break from 2011 to 2012. Considering all the hype at that time of a 2012 apocalypse, I figured it would be a perfect time to read Swan Song.  

Couldn't recommend Swan Song enough, honestly one of the best Visual Novels I have ever read. It's a great read that fits the harshness of winter perfectly. On a side note, I first read Swan Song during my Christmas break from 2011 to 2012. Considering all the hype at that time of a 2012 apocalypse, I figured it would be a perfect time to read Swan Song.  

Is that so? Then I should try it. It's not that long after all.

It's not Christmas themed, but I believe G-senjou no Maou takes place right when the season is starting to turn and carries all the way through winter. If that's enough to qualify for you, I'd super recommend it. Great VN.

Didn't expect this. I read the 1st chapter of Sharin no Kuni yesterday and it was a promising start. If it keeps that level I'll give Maou a shot too.

Cartagra does happen in winter (there's even snow animation§§) although it's not strongly winter-themed.

Eh... there's a lot of snow in Remember11 too, I guess >_> Not sure if I can recommend that though.

I read the 1st chapter of Sharin no Kuni yesterday and it was a promising start. If it keeps that level I'll give Maou a shot too.

G-senjou is, in my opinion, better than Sharin no Kuni. It has a better translation, too.

I'll ask here, I guess. Can you suggest translated vn with winter theme? Something that will be great to read... well, this winter.

inb4: Kanon. And I saw here Da Capo 2, so what can you say about it?

Thanks.

Da Capo II starts with preparing for a Christmas party and is basically set in winter. I had to put off reading until there was snow on the ground. If you're alright with charages and aren't expecting super-deep story, you could do worse.

• 2 weeks later...